From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NZ BANS ASSAULT WEAPONS

Message 161 of 225

What don't you get about High Capacity Magazines ? 10 Rounds in the Great State of New York. If you can't defend yourself with 10 Rounds , maybe you shouldn't be carrying any Firearm and sorry for the target shooters , who have to live with the overbearing inconvenience of reloading after just 10 shots.

Remember our Little Angels at Sandy Hook !!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 162 of 225

.tex says " I don't agree with those wanting to ban them for everyone. In my opinion, it is only those exceptional cases of atrocities that we hear about and everytime they happen we hear those wanting to ban all firearms."

----------------------------

What Poster ever said to "Ban All Firearms" ? Most of the Posters don't see a reasonable or logical reason for the Military Style 30-50 round Semi Auto Assault Rifles. I realize Full Auto are outlawed for Civilians already , but the slaughter of Americans is happening with the High Capacity Semi Auto Rifles.

New York State got it right , but many States act like it's the Wild West. Sorry for the inconvenience of having to reload after ONLY 10 Rounds of firing at " Wild Hogs " or whatever pending danger !!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 163 of 225

@mandm84 wrote:

tex says "Might as well ban automobiles because there are those drunk drivers that abuses their driving. Just like the automobile it's the people that kills others, not the gun itself."

---------------

What a ridiculous analogy !! Automobiles serve a reasonable function in Society and Assault Rifles only serve a reasonable function in the hands of our Military and Law Enforcement. 

The analogy is correct.  Either an automobile or a firearm incorrectly operated is as much dangerous.  I see that nearly 1.3 million people die each year from automobile accidents.  I just noted from a quick search that about 33,000 a year from firearms.  And about 5,000 choking deaths; perhaps we should ban food or putting anything in our mouths.

As far as the fixation on military style assaualt rifles, doubt that they are as much in the hands of the average citizen as types used for sporting purposes.

I'm sure that you are not as familiar with the differences as you claim to be.  According to your apparent definition that .22 semi-automatic rifle I owned about 60 years ago would be as an assault rifle.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 164 of 225

tex says "Might as well ban automobiles because there are those drunk drivers that abuses their driving. Just like the automobile it's the people that kills others, not the gun itself."

---------------

What a ridiculous analogy !! Automobiles serve a reasonable function in Society and Assault Rifles only serve a reasonable function in the hands of our Military and Law Enforcement. 

tex's argument lacks logic and I still haven't heard a logical or reasonable reason why any Civilian needs a 30-50 round Military "Style" Assault Rifle.

Note I stated Military " STYLE" - I'm very educated on the difference between the two - believe me and neither belong in the hands of any Civilian , especially without background checks.

Lack of both Common Sense and Logic prevails with the NRA and it's supporters. Remember Sandy Hook !!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 165 of 225

Apparently some here are very confused in National Sovereignty...as in New Zealand happens to be a country independent of the US and can write any law the want, regardless of what some folks here in the US seem to want.   

Artilce:   NZ tells NRA to "bugger-off".   https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-shooting/111484260/judith-collins-tells-nra-to-bugger-...       Some in US are quite full of themselves, IMO.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 166 of 225

@gruffstuff wrote:

Why can't Congress just do it's job?

The Second Amendment; sportsmen and sportswomen using their firearms for hunting;  and those enjoying carrying their firearms to ranges for target shooting.

Perhaps New Zealand is on track regarding one thing....there is no widespread reporting of the shooter's name giving him what he wants...notoriety.  Instead names and reports is widely broadcast 24/7 encouraging copycats.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 167 of 225

So you want to ban "military grade" firearms...what would be the definition?

Semiautomatic

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 168 of 225

Maybe the left would prefer hunting be done with sling shot

Bolt, pump,  lever action,  double action, or single action,   would be fine.

Same for target shooting.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 169 of 225

Just because a few abuses 

Seriously?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 170 of 225

First of all, you don't define "assault rifle" so I will (my own version): any rifle that can fire in the full automatic mode (selectable) where one trigger pull emits several or many rounds of ammunition. These "military weapons" (personal rifle) hold 30 rounds of ammo.

Semi automatic guns (sold at the gun store) may look the same, feel the same, hold 30 rounds also, but DON'T have the selectable auto mode.

The left seems to think that based on the looks of the weapon, it IS or ISN'T an assault weapon.

Assault weapon bans run into problems you noted, that is why New Zealand is banning all semiautomatic  weapons.

Also work arounds, like a Bump Stock, which overcomes the restriction on full automatic mode. 

People can hunt, target shoot, even defend themselves or their homes with firearms that are not semiautomatic.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors