Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NZ BANS ASSAULT WEAPONS

Message 171 of 225

Why is it that everytime an isolated incident happens, not necessarily in this country, that some go hyper?

Hundreds of " isolated incidents " in succession are not isolated incidents?

It's more like a war?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 172 of 225

The question begs, if Trump banned any weapons (under declaration of emergency), would any leftists or Antifa riot?

Why should any President have to do that?

Why can't Congress just do it's job?

Avarice ?  Party over the People politics , The lust for power?

What's another word for the " lust for power " ?

Tyranny ?   Despotism ?  Totalitarianism?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 173 of 225

If that was done by declaring a 'national emergency' in this country how loud would be the uproar, calling the President a dictator?

Better question is why have the people of the USA been though 180 mass shootings with at least four people shot at the same time and Republicans, the NRA, and the Russians try to stop anyone from doing something about it. 

Even to the point of prohibiting the federal government from studying gun violence.

Sounds like an actual National Emergency to me.

What does it sound like to you?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 174 of 225

Another lesson in how to make America great again. Thank you NZ 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 175 of 225

@Laurie42010 wrote:

Like I said...kudos to you, TxGrandpa2!  No worries....from my experience, you have PLENTY of lawyers, Judges and Representative to protect you and your guns! 

Of course,  I don't, or won't need them since I don't own guns of any type.  Of course they'll protect the rights of responsible owners.

Have a good evening.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 176 of 225

Like I said...kudos to you, TxGrandpa2!  No worries....from my experience, you have PLENTY of lawyers, Judges and Representative to protect you and your guns! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 177 of 225

@Laurie42010 wrote:

Kudos....as you can plainly see, I am not a gun owner. I was trying very hard to be a supporter of some of the 2nd Amen. issues, but I see I failed.  As I was trying hard to explain, it will take RESPONSIBLE gun owners to come forth and help the ignorant, like myself, understand the whole problems.  I guess I just have to live in constant fear of the "gun owners".

As I posted, the last time I've handled or fired a gun was 40 years ago prior to retirement from the military.  After Vietnam I had enough of guns on my personal basis.  I have no objections to gun ownership by responsible owners per the 2nd Amendment.  I don't agree with those wanting to ban them for everyone.   In my opinion, it is only those exceptional cases of atrocities that we hear about and everytime they happen we hear those wanting to ban all firearms.

I believe we're on the same page.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 178 of 225

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

I do not know for sure, but the AR in the AR-15 means Assault Rifle, no? 

Suggest you need to do some checking on that.   The AR in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “ARdoes NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.”

And are not background checks supposed to be made before a person buys a rifle from dealers?

Kudos....as you can plainly see, I am not a gun owner. I was trying very hard to be a supporter of some of the 2nd Amen. issues, but I see I failed.  As I was trying hard to explain, it will take RESPONSIBLE gun owners to come forth and help the ignorant, like myself, understand the whole problems.  I guess I just have to live in constant fear of the "gun owners".

So freaking hard to believe I was a month or so away from marrying a Marine who was killed serving his country.  Guns....yeah, go figure! I respected him and his training and skills while taught to use/defend the country. Guns...yeah, go figure!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 179 of 225

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

Suggest you need to do some checking on that.   The AR in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “ARdoes NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.”

And are not background checks supposed to be made before a person buys a rifle from dealers?

Yep - but in "living in the past" Texas - extreme right fringe white supremacist/racist Billy-Bob - even though he has a felony firearms conviction and a domestic abuse restraining order against him can buy a stolen AR 15 that was unlawfully modified to fire full auto from any and all private persons without any background check being performed or required.

Shouldn't ALL firearms transfers have a mandatory background check performed?

Shouldn't the serial number of any firearm to be transferred be compared to the list of stolen firearms before allowing transfer to occur? 

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 180 of 225

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

Kudos
Views