Honored Social Butterfly

NYT: "Trump Paid $750 in Taxes"

President Donald Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes the year he ran for president and in his first year in the White House, according to a report Sunday in The New York Times.

Trump, who has fiercely guarded his tax filings and is the only president in modern times not to make them public, paid no federal income taxes in 10 of the past 15 years. He campaigned for office as a billionaire real estate mogul and successful businessman.

Speaking at a news conference at the White House, Trump dismissed the report as “fake news” and said he has paid taxes, though he gave no specifics.

The disclosure, which the Times said comes from tax return data it obtained extending over two decades, comes at a pivotal moment ahead of the first presidential debate Tuesday.

A lawyer for the Trump Organization, Alan Garten, and a spokesperson for the Trump Organization did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Associated Press on the report.

Garten told the Times that “most, if not all, of the facts appear to be inaccurate.”

He said in a statement to the news organization that the president “has paid tens of millions of dollars in personal taxes to the federal government, including paying millions in personal taxes since announcing his candidacy in 2015.”

During his first general election debate against Democrat Hillary Clinton in 2016, Clinton said that perhaps Trump wasn’t releasing his tax returns because he had paid nothing in federal taxes.

Trump interrupted her to say, “That makes me smart.”

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/ct-nw-trump-tax-returns-20200927-aazahdskevcbzldgep...

Honored Social Butterfly

• In 2017, a single worker without children who made $18,000 would have paid $760 in federal income tax. Donald Trump paid $750.

• Nearly, every undocumented immigrant working in the US pays more in federal taxes than Donald Trump.

You have to give Trump this much, he paid more in federal income taxes than many of the biggest corporations did in 2018:

Amazon: $0

Chevron: $0

Delta: $0

Deere: $0

Eli Lilly: $0

GM: $0

Goodyear: $0

Halliburton: $0

IBM: $0

JetBlue: $0

Molson Coors: $0

Netflix: $0

During the “best economy ever,” which Trump repeatedly claims to have engineered, he and his company managed to lose a lot of money.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Everyone outside the Trump Alternate Reality Bubble knew 4 years ago there were good reasons Trump was HIDING his Tax Returns from the American public. I suspect this is only the beginning. We will almost certainly find out a lot more in the coming weeks or months. 

If Hillary, Biden, or Obama would have done this with their tax returns, those who reside in Trump World would have gone ballistic. They are the kings and queens of hypocrisy and double standards.

Silver Conversationalist

What a great day for a debate. Makes me think the NYT picked exactly when to release the story. More power to them.

Trump is an aperture in the fundament.
Honored Social Butterfly

Not to worry!  New York will prosecute him and put him in prison next year !

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for your wish to come true!

Say no to Sleepy Joe and BLM cult!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Good point.

Trump's numerous trials will last a year.

Then he will be sentenced to jail the following year!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Are you telling us that Trump should be able to not pay taxes required by law, and not prosecuted for that?

Honored Social Butterfly

Are you telling us that Trump should be able to not pay taxes required by law, and not prosecuted for that?

Where did you get that idea?  Trump should do as you and do - legally pay as little tax as we can!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Where did you get that idea?  Trump should do as you and do - legally pay as little tax as we can!

Ahhh ...."legally" .... the catch word!

Trump seems to have a problem with that word and the IRS!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

Ahhh ...."legally" .... the catch word!

Trump seems to have a problem with that word and the IRS!!!

And.....more importantly, the Constitution....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Where did you get that idea?  Trump should do as you and (I ) do - legally pay as little tax as we can!   

Still say no to Joe and BLM cult!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Where did you get that idea?  Trump should do as you and (I ) do - legally pay as little tax as we can!   

Still say no to Joe and BLM cult!

The difference with Trump is he lies on his forms so he does not have to pay taxes. That is a crime, and why the IRS and the State of NY are after him.

For your information we have all know for quite some time Trump in creases values when borrowing, and decreases value reporting for taxes owed. That has been a proven fact for a few years now.

Now do you support Trump the tax cheat.

Honored Social Butterfly

The difference with Trump is he lies on his forms so he does not have to pay taxes. 

Proof?  Trump probably doesn't see his tax forms until he signs them!

Say no to Joe and BLM cult!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The difference with Trump is he lies on his forms so he does not have to pay taxes. 

Trump's ignorance is not a defense for his fraudulent actions!

Honored Social Butterfly

he knows EXACTLY what he is doing! It's all about avoidance of paying taxes.
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

And he still doesn't see them or know what he's looking at. 😆  Shame on him for signing then.  No excuse.  Moot point.  He just verifies and signs all responsibility over to himself.

Honored Social Butterfly

The left is jealous of Trump being able to sign his tax return without reading it!  Probably hatred too!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The left is jealous of Trump being able to sign his tax return without reading it!  Probably hatred too!

Anyone can sign their tax return without reading it. Even if one does not read and understand the return they are certifying that it is correct and true by their signature.

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump doesn't read it because he could not understand any of it ....  further exemplifying that he is a complete moron!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump doesn't read it because he could not understand any of it ....  further exemplifying that he is a complete moron!!!

You just proved my point!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:
@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

You just proved my point!

Well, actually, it was MY POINT that Trump is a complete moron.

But thanks for backing me up!

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Jealous?!  rotfl3.gif

I read everything I sign and assume responsibility for.  You don't?!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Proof?  Trump probably doesn't see his tax forms until he signs them!  Proof?

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

That is a lame excuse. When he signs them he tells all they are true, and by his tax returns Trump has destroyed all his business. That alone is a good reason to get rid of Mob Boss Trump in Nov.

Honored Social Butterfly

trump taxes turbo tax.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Where did you get that idea?  Trump should do as you and (I ) do - legally pay as little tax as we can! "You and I" can't reorganize the government to put our own henchmen in charge of the IRS AND "you and I" don't have the US tax payers paying for our personal legal expenses.  Just saying...

Honored Social Butterfly

I pay as little as I can (legally) to the IRS.  I assume you do also.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump doesn't .... But then he avoids doing anything "legally"!!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I'm shocked 70k for personal hair styling services passes any loophole smell test.

djt and his freaking hair.  I bet he's willing locks of (what's left of it) to his children.  There's magic in that thar hair!  Ivanka may even make a necklace from her share.  Or weave it into her tiara.  Eric will sell off his portion strand by strand and swear he didn't.  Jr. will braid a tiny whip and hang it by the bathroom mirror.  Tiffany sends a note, "None of that for me thank you".  Baron will bury it, nobody needs to give him permission.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png