AARP Opposes Attempts to Remove the ACA's Law Age Rating Limits and Pre-Existing Conditions Protections. Learn More!

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: NRA, Russia, Trump -- NYTimes.

Message 1 of 6

cn5621:  When I see how a bunch of radical nuts has destroyed the NRA, I can't help but look at our President and see a parallel. How badly will this country be destroyed before people on both sides stand up? 

You're absolutely correct, and I have no idea how so many people are clueless about the NRA and keep parroting the talking points and supporting them. None are so blind as those who will not see.

Report Inappropriate Content
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 6

@rj7500 wrote:

There is quite an interesting story in the NY Times this morning.  It contains items about The NRA, several well known conservatives,  including Jeff Sessions and interactions with  people from the Soviet Union trying to broker meetings with Trump and Trump surrogates before the election.   Worth a read, if nothing else sure to stir up a firestorm of controvery.  Also including member of the Christian Conservative wings.  ---Words and meanings to look up.  Fifth Column,  Quisling.  

In the 1960's, I joined the NRA. At that time it was an organization that promoted hunting, target shooting, gun safety and law and order. For years it was a reasonable and responsible organization. Around 30 years ago a criminal named Harlon Carter forced his way in to control of the NRA. The leadership was afraid to buck him and he slowly changed the NRA for the worse. Now a bunch of radical unbending zealots has taken over. That one hit wonder who calls himself a Rock N Roll Star is a prime example. When I see how a bunch of radical nuts has destroyed the NRA, I can't help but look at our President and see a parallel. How badly will this country be destroyed before people on both sides stand up? 

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 6

@rj7500– as I just said in another thread, the louder trump  screams fake news, the truer  we know the story is. If I listen very closely, I can hear the fool screaming  here in my little town in New York State. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist

Message 5 of 6
But I was told they had no contact with Russians 🤔
Hmmmmm.
Silver Conversationalist

NRA, Russia, Trump -- NYTimes.

Message 6 of 6

There is quite an interesting story in the NY Times this morning.  It contains items about The NRA, several well known conservatives,  including Jeff Sessions and interactions with  people from the Soviet Union trying to broker meetings with Trump and Trump surrogates before the election.   Worth a read, if nothing else sure to stir up a firestorm of controvery.  Also including member of the Christian Conservative wings.  ---Words and meanings to look up.  Fifth Column,  Quisling.