Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NRA Hack Arrested As Russian Spy

Message 41 of 52

According to NBC there was an effort to have a meeting with Trump and it was rebuffed by Kushner.

I saw nothing in the NBC article about "NRA Hack", nor a "gun loving" person, nor political infiltration.

I saw a person trying to arrange a meeting. Just one more Russian lawyer working as a lobbyist.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 52

The Russian Spy Just Arrested Claimed She Was Part of the Russian NRA - working on Gun Rights in Russia for Russians.........................

Russians have No Rights - never mind - Gun Rights

What Reasonable American Would Thinks There is anyone in Russia who Putin allows to go around in Public and Advocate for Russian Citizens to Accumulate Millions of Automatic Wepaons like the NRA has succeeded in doing here in the USA? -

Not One Reasonable American would beleive that

The NRA was another willing Participant in a Russian Plot to Over-throw democracy in the USA

1. This Russian Spy -

She made connections with GOP, National Rifle Association

One of the Americans she worked with said one month before the 2016 presidential election they were working on a "VERY" private line of communication between the Kremlin and one political party through a gun rights organization, believed to be the National Rifle Association, according to court documents. Butina was involved with a Russian gun group that the National Rifle Association was supportive of and has met several Republican politicians, as evidenced in photos she took with them.

Butina and Torshin spent three years coaxing the Republican Party to be Russia's ally. They were preparing for when Obama and Putin would no longer be presidents.

"American society is broken in relation to Russia," she said in a Twitter direct message to Torshin in 2016. "This is now the dividing line of opinions, the crucial one in the election race. [The Republican Party] are for us, [the Democratic Party] against -- 50/50. Our move here is very important."

The American person she was in touch with in 2015 told Butina she could help guide Russian-American relations after Obama and Putin left their offices.

The person applauded her meeting Americans and attending conferences in America.

2. Butina was set up to influence both American politicians and corporate leaders

In 2015, Butina met privately with a political candidate. She also discussed a plan for Torshin to buy a plane ticket for a US congressman to visit Moscow.
Butina met leaders of one political party while being called "a representative of informal diplomacy" for Russia, the affidavit says.

At one point in 2015, she and an American discussed a $125,000 budget for her "special project," to participate in major Republican conferences.

The American told her she would have unlimited ability to meet American companies if she could be a potential intermediary to the Russian government, the complaint stated.

Later, following the 2016 presidential election, Butina and the Russian official discussed a possible pro-Russian conference that US members of Congress could attend, according to the documents.

3. She tried to get Putin into the National Prayer Breakfast

Some of Butina's work in the US revolved around the National Prayer Breakfasts in 2016 and 2017.
Butina allegedly raised the possibility that Russian President Vladimir Putin would attend the event in 2017. The demands: 15 world leaders at the breakfast, and a personal invitation from the President. The Prayer Breakfast organizer responded that he would provide 10 seats at the event. Putin did not attend.

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 52

Maria Butina was quite popular with Republicans. Look who she hobnobs with.

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1018989033534382086

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 52

The NRA hasn't had an honorable moment since the gun MAKERS took over in the 1970's. Time to break their power by breaking the GOP

VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER.

It could be the last time your vote counts.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 52

The ignoblers will whine, when the Mueller investigation took the easy route.   They followed the money.   And that is very good news, she now will face being sent home but only after the news has spread that she has been cooperating with Mueller for months.   Mother Russia has a balcony just waiting for her (to fall from).

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 52

@fangoh45 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
just watching this other big news story as we speak. Way to go FBI!! I read about this woman in a recent investigative report in a recent issue of Rollingstone magazine. I look forward to more coming out about the ties between the NRA and Republicans and especially in the ongoing Russian efforts to support Trump. If the Dems. regain Congress there should be an investigation into the NRA.

Hold your breath for that one my friend.

While you are holding your breath here is something to think about. The NRA got 12 million from Russia before the last election. That money was spent supporting Trump by the NRA. The NRA was used as a source to supply help to a Russian group supporting gun rights in Russia. John Bolton was paid to do TV for that group by Russia. The sad part is there is not now nor has there ever been gun rights in Russia. Why did they get money. Could today be part of what that money paid for.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 52

@mickstuder wrote:

The gun-loving former aide to a top Russian official has been arrested and charged with being a foreign agent who conspired with her ex-boss to infiltrate politically powerful U.S. organizations and push Moscow's agenda.

Mariia Butina, 29, who came to the U.S. in August 2016 on a student visa, previously served as a special assistant to a Kremlin crony whose description in court papers matches that of Aleksander Torshin.

Torshin is a former senator and deputy head of Russia's central bank who is close to Russian President Vladimir Putin. He was sanctioned by the U.S. Department of the Treasury in April 2018 and has been accused of links to organized crime, as NBC News has previously reported.

Current Events often cause me to visit and revisit sources of historical data....most times to see if I'm remembering correctly.   Most times I am.  On occasion I have suffered a lapse in objectivity when something especially egregious or heinous occurs and a rational explanation for it just isn't to be had.  At time like that,  my opinion sometimes does solidify into belief before supporting evidence is irrefutable.  Yes, it does happen...to all of us...me included. 

In this case when watching 'the events' transpire in Helsinki, Benedict Arnold popped into my head. I figured what better source than Smithsonian for background so that's where I went.  Supposing Smithsonian did an objective recap of events of that time, a fair amount of what I thought I knew about Arnold, the man, though mostly accurate, was a tad incomplete.

Turns out there were a bunch of kindred souls about that time, just as now.  Not all were patriots through and through, just as now.  More than a few were opportunistic cads, even for the time, just as now.  At that time, one was a guy named Reed, even more of a kindred soul to our 'dear leader' than Arnold according to the break-down.  Arnold had some redeeming qualities that made him understandable, Reed didn't....at least none I could see.

Arnold performed some pretty admirable military services to our country before he 'went over'.  Those services were totally absent from Reed's portfolio although incredible egotism certainly was not. Arnold exhibited real personal and professional courage along with his very real personal and professional short-comings.  Can't say that for Reed...or the 'dear leader'. 

The word applied to Arnold has popped up more than once lately.  It has now become increasingly difficult, if not impossible, to excuse behavior that clearly damages our Nation helps our long standing enemy, and demeans our allies as anything but what it is.  Not on the basis of ignorance, stupidity, incompetence or vanity although those characteristics are key components. 

Venal scoundrels without a shred of concern for anyone except themselves and their personal gratification, wallowing in whatever power they can acquire to the utmost.

Hate to say it, but Butina and Torshin, and Putin too are doing a job for Mother Russia.  With dedication it would appear.  Patriots, no matter what else you may think of them.  I can't say that of Arnold, Reed or the current 'dear leader'.  There's a better word. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 52
@mickstuder

How many more are out there we don't know about or haven't caught yet? Scarey.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 52

@Tom5678 wrote:
just watching this other big news story as we speak. Way to go FBI!! I read about this woman in a recent investigative report in a recent issue of Rollingstone magazine. I look forward to more coming out about the ties between the NRA and Republicans and especially in the ongoing Russian efforts to support Trump. If the Dems. regain Congress there should be an investigation into the NRA.

Hold your breath for that one my friend.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 52
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.