Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NOW THIS IS FAKE NEWS

Message 1 of 9

@Soosie wrote:

Fake News.pngSad and Foolish

As this image confirms, most supporters of TRUMP THE CHUMP do not draw a distinction between the truthful reporting of a fake event versus truthful reporting of an actual event.

Trump supporters have co-mingled FAKE and REAL just as TRUMP THE CHUMP  has so as to confuse and confound the electorate.

Most of his followers can't distinguish real from fake anymore.

To make it easier on themselves, their idea of real is anything reported by FOX and fake is anything reported by any other outlet.

And then, of course, there is also the problem of the founder of LEGALINSURRECTION, the origin of this image.

He was removed from youTube for violating copyright laws.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@Panjandrum wrote:

Soosie:   .If that is the take on it, I am good with it. I still think it is sad and very foolish of a man who may have had a good career to do something like this.

I agree. What on earth could he have been thinking to believe he wouldn't get caught?

Now - as has been revealed to be the truth on another thread on this site - a bunch of republican degenerates and liars have been caught creating fake news sites posing as the real thing - and the fools that voted for trump won't ever suspect that it's all republican/conservative generated lies and fake news - they will swallow it all hook, line, and sinker and wash it down with trumpaide...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

Soosie:   .If that is the take on it, I am good with it. I still think it is sad and very foolish of a man who may have had a good career to do something like this.

I agree. What on earth could he have been thinking to believe he wouldn't get caught?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

ManicProgressive:  

In this case the media reported the truth. Smollett claimed he was attacked, what he claimed circumstances were, the fact he filed a police report, and that the police were investigating. The fact that the police uncovered a different plot. The media did its job. It did not make up news. The fault is Smollett’s, not the media’s.

Too too many people don’t know the difference.

You are correct, but they don't do nuance so it won't penetrate.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

OK. I did not see it was supposed to be Smollett.  I get it now

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

Not sure about the relevance of this cartoon, but if it’s commenting on fake news, how about commenting on the fake news that the DHS secretary is trying to create that kids on the border are not kept in cages?

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9
@Manic...............If that is the take on it, I am good with it. I still think it is sad and very foolish of a man who may have had a good career to do something like this. I wonder if he was influenced by others? I have wondered what he was thinking.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

It’s actually not fake news. Fake news is what media purposefully try to report false things. 

In this case the media reported the truth. Smollett claimed he was attacked, what he claimed circumstances were, the fact he filed a police report, and that the police were investigating. The fact that the police uncovered a different plot. The media did its job. It did not make up news. The fault is Smollett’s, not the media’s.

Too too many people don’t know the difference. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

NOW THIS IS FAKE NEWS

Message 9 of 9

Fake News.pngSad and Foolish

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors