NOW THE DONALD WOULD LIKE US TO STAND AS NK DOES

Reply
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
242
Views

Re: NOW THE DONALD WOULD LIKE US TO STAND AS NK DOES

242 Views
Message 1 of 14

@rk9152 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

I don't like gratuitous lectures. The lecturer presumes that he/she is more informed or astute about the topic. They may not be, but, they still presume they are, without sufficient evidence to do so.  That's offensive, disrespectful and arrogant.  

 

Because I know that, I hate to 'lecture'.   Yet...some one has to say something in the face of irrational and cynical propaganda.  It's pointless to 'get down in the weeds' with non-rational people or those who have no ethics about truth in 'discussions'...although they shamelessly announce they do.  Very loudly sometimes. So, on this father's day I assert a father's prerogative.  I'm going to lecture.

 

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely."  I suggest that quote is critical to any understanding of what goes on in politics, business, religion, etc. etc. and it happens whenever a person, any person, actively seeking power, achieves power. Intent matters not.  The process begins with the 'need' for power and ends with the exercise of power to prevent anyone else from getting it.  Purges, even if that is not what they are called. 

 

Even those who exercise power when it is not sought, but demanded of them, soon find it necessary to maintain power in order to achieve progress.  Now the justification for ethical breaches start.  Corruption.  Money is only part of it.

 

We have a Constitution that was drafted to prevent abuse of power.  Dig that thing out, read it, make sure  you really do understand what it actually does say...not what you want to think it does.  It was not perfect at the outset, it still is not.  There is a process to amend when necessary.  Authority, in the end, is left to the People. Want to be a Patriot?  You don't have to stand to do it.

 

Don't allow him the 'authority' he demands.  IF you allow him  to take, he will.  Think not?  Better look carefully at the evidence his entire life presents to you. Because non-rational people prevailed in the electoral college system, the balance of the people are adversely affected.  Boy are they ever.  The long term consequences of this lapse in Public Conscience will take decades to fix.  They may be past fixable already.  All this happened because a substantial number of qualified Voters did not exercise their responsibility as Citizens.  A democratically empowered Republic like ours can function and endure ONLY if the Citizens behave responsibly for the Common Good.  The founders knew this.  They said so.  Don't want a 'dear leader', you say?  Prove it! 

 

 


"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." 

 

And that is exactly why we of the right oppose the power granted to the central government by the Progressive Movement.

 

"Dear Leader" is something used in that country. Here we have respect for the Office of the President.


You know perfectly well the Progressive Movement has no power to grant anything to anybody.  Since you did not define the Progressive Movement, I presume you mean any of that persuasion who advocate to influence.  More responsibly than you, to be sure, but advocate nevertheless. 

The Progressive Movement's view of government is a strong central government with power over many aspects of out lives. That is a disaster whenever it is tried - Hence, the opposition of the right. We stand for individualism, not collectivism.

 

I have no idea what your assumption about the Progressive Movement means,

 

I take serious issue with your statement that you oppose power granted to the central government...you do no such thing. 

I certainly do 'such thing'.

You just propose that your cronies should be in the 'cat-bird seat'. 

Of course I want my cronies - the ones who will stop the almost century long march of the Progressive Movement.

That's not unusual.  It's a common affliction...shared by 'special interest' action organizations pretty much accross the board.  I give you credit for knowing what you do...and all the blame too.  You buy it, you own it.

If you consider those of a more Conservative political ideology a "special interest" then you are right. Generally, that has a different connotation.

 

Know what?  I agree we should respect the Office of the President.  That does not mean respect  is due anyone who demeans that office while occupying it.  Fair enough?  It follows that I have respect for the Office of the President and utter contempt for the current occupant.  Clear enough?

Fair enough - the guy is a street fighter. Now if only the other side would halt the daily assaults, it would be interesting to see his reaction.


 


He is a street fighter so people who don't want to get knocked out shouldn't throw the first punch!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
242
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
250
Views

Re: NOW THE DONALD WOULD LIKE US TO STAND AS NK DOES

250 Views
Message 2 of 14

@umbarch64 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

I don't like gratuitous lectures. The lecturer presumes that he/she is more informed or astute about the topic. They may not be, but, they still presume they are, without sufficient evidence to do so.  That's offensive, disrespectful and arrogant.  

 

Because I know that, I hate to 'lecture'.   Yet...some one has to say something in the face of irrational and cynical propaganda.  It's pointless to 'get down in the weeds' with non-rational people or those who have no ethics about truth in 'discussions'...although they shamelessly announce they do.  Very loudly sometimes. So, on this father's day I assert a father's prerogative.  I'm going to lecture.

 

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely."  I suggest that quote is critical to any understanding of what goes on in politics, business, religion, etc. etc. and it happens whenever a person, any person, actively seeking power, achieves power. Intent matters not.  The process begins with the 'need' for power and ends with the exercise of power to prevent anyone else from getting it.  Purges, even if that is not what they are called. 

 

Even those who exercise power when it is not sought, but demanded of them, soon find it necessary to maintain power in order to achieve progress.  Now the justification for ethical breaches start.  Corruption.  Money is only part of it.

 

We have a Constitution that was drafted to prevent abuse of power.  Dig that thing out, read it, make sure  you really do understand what it actually does say...not what you want to think it does.  It was not perfect at the outset, it still is not.  There is a process to amend when necessary.  Authority, in the end, is left to the People. Want to be a Patriot?  You don't have to stand to do it.

 

Don't allow him the 'authority' he demands.  IF you allow him  to take, he will.  Think not?  Better look carefully at the evidence his entire life presents to you. Because non-rational people prevailed in the electoral college system, the balance of the people are adversely affected.  Boy are they ever.  The long term consequences of this lapse in Public Conscience will take decades to fix.  They may be past fixable already.  All this happened because a substantial number of qualified Voters did not exercise their responsibility as Citizens.  A democratically empowered Republic like ours can function and endure ONLY if the Citizens behave responsibly for the Common Good.  The founders knew this.  They said so.  Don't want a 'dear leader', you say?  Prove it! 

 

 


"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." 

 

And that is exactly why we of the right oppose the power granted to the central government by the Progressive Movement.

 

"Dear Leader" is something used in that country. Here we have respect for the Office of the President.


You know perfectly well the Progressive Movement has no power to grant anything to anybody.  Since you did not define the Progressive Movement, I presume you mean any of that persuasion who advocate to influence.  More responsibly than you, to be sure, but advocate nevertheless. 

The Progressive Movement's view of government is a strong central government with power over many aspects of out lives. That is a disaster whenever it is tried - Hence, the opposition of the right. We stand for individualism, not collectivism.

 

I have no idea what your assumption about the Progressive Movement means,

 

I take serious issue with your statement that you oppose power granted to the central government...you do no such thing. 

I certainly do 'such thing'.

You just propose that your cronies should be in the 'cat-bird seat'. 

Of course I want my cronies - the ones who will stop the almost century long march of the Progressive Movement.

That's not unusual.  It's a common affliction...shared by 'special interest' action organizations pretty much accross the board.  I give you credit for knowing what you do...and all the blame too.  You buy it, you own it.

If you consider those of a more Conservative political ideology a "special interest" then you are right. Generally, that has a different connotation.

 

Know what?  I agree we should respect the Office of the President.  That does not mean respect  is due anyone who demeans that office while occupying it.  Fair enough?  It follows that I have respect for the Office of the President and utter contempt for the current occupant.  Clear enough?

Fair enough - the guy is a street fighter. Now if only the other side would halt the daily assaults, it would be interesting to see his reaction.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
250
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
263
Views

Re: NOW THE DONALD WOULD LIKE US TO STAND AS NK DOES

263 Views
Message 3 of 14

@rk9152 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

I don't like gratuitous lectures. The lecturer presumes that he/she is more informed or astute about the topic. They may not be, but, they still presume they are, without sufficient evidence to do so.  That's offensive, disrespectful and arrogant.  

 

Because I know that, I hate to 'lecture'.   Yet...some one has to say something in the face of irrational and cynical propaganda.  It's pointless to 'get down in the weeds' with non-rational people or those who have no ethics about truth in 'discussions'...although they shamelessly announce they do.  Very loudly sometimes. So, on this father's day I assert a father's prerogative.  I'm going to lecture.

 

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely."  I suggest that quote is critical to any understanding of what goes on in politics, business, religion, etc. etc. and it happens whenever a person, any person, actively seeking power, achieves power. Intent matters not.  The process begins with the 'need' for power and ends with the exercise of power to prevent anyone else from getting it.  Purges, even if that is not what they are called. 

 

Even those who exercise power when it is not sought, but demanded of them, soon find it necessary to maintain power in order to achieve progress.  Now the justification for ethical breaches start.  Corruption.  Money is only part of it.

 

We have a Constitution that was drafted to prevent abuse of power.  Dig that thing out, read it, make sure  you really do understand what it actually does say...not what you want to think it does.  It was not perfect at the outset, it still is not.  There is a process to amend when necessary.  Authority, in the end, is left to the People. Want to be a Patriot?  You don't have to stand to do it.

 

Don't allow him the 'authority' he demands.  IF you allow him  to take, he will.  Think not?  Better look carefully at the evidence his entire life presents to you. Because non-rational people prevailed in the electoral college system, the balance of the people are adversely affected.  Boy are they ever.  The long term consequences of this lapse in Public Conscience will take decades to fix.  They may be past fixable already.  All this happened because a substantial number of qualified Voters did not exercise their responsibility as Citizens.  A democratically empowered Republic like ours can function and endure ONLY if the Citizens behave responsibly for the Common Good.  The founders knew this.  They said so.  Don't want a 'dear leader', you say?  Prove it! 

 

 


"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." 

 

And that is exactly why we of the right oppose the power granted to the central government by the Progressive Movement.

 

"Dear Leader" is something used in that country. Here we have respect for the Office of the President.


You know perfectly well the Progressive Movement has no power to grant anything to anybody.  Since you did not define the Progressive Movement, I presume you mean any of that persuasion who advocate to influence.  More responsibly than you, to be sure, but advocate nevertheless. 

 

I take serious issue with your statement that you oppose power granted to the central government...you do no such thing.  You just propose that your cronies should be in the 'cat-bird seat'.  That's not unusual.  It's a common affliction...shared by 'special interest' action organizations pretty much accross the board.  I give you credit for knowing what you do...and all the blame too.  You buy it, you own it.

 

Know what?  I agree we should respect the Office of the President.  That does not mean respect  is due anyone who demeans that office while occupying it.  Fair enough?  It follows that I have respect for the Office of the President and utter contempt for the current occupant.  Clear enough?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
263
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
283
Views

Re: NOW THE DONALD WOULD LIKE US TO STAND AS NK DOES

283 Views
Message 4 of 14

rk9152

I'm not quivering in any corner, I just get tired of the crap I hear from The Donald's own mouth spewing all over the TV, I'd like my people to stand for me.

I'd like to be President for life.

Some of the stuff he says and you Trumpies still DON'T believe a word he says even though he says it himself. It was not fake news it was his mouth news.

I won't be in a corner until the day he has us use the Hitler sign on him, then I'll run and hide in a corner, and believe it or not, you will be also. Because by then, you'll be just one of us.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
283
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
295
Views

Re: NOW THE DONALD WOULD LIKE US TO STAND AS NK DOES

295 Views
Message 5 of 14

@umbarch64 wrote:

I don't like gratuitous lectures. The lecturer presumes that he/she is more informed or astute about the topic. They may not be, but, they still presume they are, without sufficient evidence to do so.  That's offensive, disrespectful and arrogant.  

 

Because I know that, I hate to 'lecture'.   Yet...some one has to say something in the face of irrational and cynical propaganda.  It's pointless to 'get down in the weeds' with non-rational people or those who have no ethics about truth in 'discussions'...although they shamelessly announce they do.  Very loudly sometimes. So, on this father's day I assert a father's prerogative.  I'm going to lecture.

 

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely."  I suggest that quote is critical to any understanding of what goes on in politics, business, religion, etc. etc. and it happens whenever a person, any person, actively seeking power, achieves power. Intent matters not.  The process begins with the 'need' for power and ends with the exercise of power to prevent anyone else from getting it.  Purges, even if that is not what they are called. 

 

Even those who exercise power when it is not sought, but demanded of them, soon find it necessary to maintain power in order to achieve progress.  Now the justification for ethical breaches start.  Corruption.  Money is only part of it.

 

We have a Constitution that was drafted to prevent abuse of power.  Dig that thing out, read it, make sure  you really do understand what it actually does say...not what you want to think it does.  It was not perfect at the outset, it still is not.  There is a process to amend when necessary.  Authority, in the end, is left to the People. Want to be a Patriot?  You don't have to stand to do it.

 

Don't allow him the 'authority' he demands.  IF you allow him  to take, he will.  Think not?  Better look carefully at the evidence his entire life presents to you. Because non-rational people prevailed in the electoral college system, the balance of the people are adversely affected.  Boy are they ever.  The long term consequences of this lapse in Public Conscience will take decades to fix.  They may be past fixable already.  All this happened because a substantial number of qualified Voters did not exercise their responsibility as Citizens.  A democratically empowered Republic like ours can function and endure ONLY if the Citizens behave responsibly for the Common Good.  The founders knew this.  They said so.  Don't want a 'dear leader', you say?  Prove it! 

 

 


"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." 

 

And that is exactly why we of the right oppose the power granted to the central government by the Progressive Movement.

 

"Dear Leader" is something used in that country. Here we have respect for the Office of the President.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
295
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
297
Views

Re: NOW THE DONALD WOULD LIKE US TO STAND AS NK DOES

297 Views
Message 6 of 14

@angeleyes64 wrote:

That is exactly what am afraid of.
What does he learn with all of these one on one meetings with dictators that are so secretive?
They could be teaching him all sorts of stuff. How to get where they are, because like it or not Trumpies, he wants to be a dictator, then your one of US.
Then their is H I M.


You just go ahead and spend your day quivering in the corner, I intend to enjoy life in our great nation.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
297
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
299
Views

Re: NOW THE DONALD WOULD LIKE US TO STAND AS NK DOES

299 Views
Message 7 of 14

@gruffstuff wrote:

He would love for his people (us) to stand for him like that. 

 

What happens to us if we don't?

 

We know what happens to people in North Korea if they don't.

 

Is that our future too?


Nothing happens to us - we are a free nation. They are in deep kimchi.

 

There is absolutely no need to see that in our future - "dictator" is just something posted by the left when logical thought evades them but they just have to post something.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
299
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
303
Views

Re: NOW THE DONALD WOULD LIKE US TO STAND AS NK DOES

303 Views
Message 8 of 14

@angeleyes64 wrote:

The Donald is in love Kim Jung what ever of NK. He admires how as a 26 year old he has handled his Country so well. He likes the way he has the troops and people stand for him. How funny he was, and what a good NEGOCIATOR he was. Yea I bet he The Donald  was suckered and he doesn't even know it yet. 

 

He would love for his people (us) to stand for him like that. Here we go again, another dictator trait. Are you Trumpsters jumping on the dictator train yet, I am NOT. 

 

Everyone he admires or congratulates seems to be a Dictator, or a Leader not doing any good for their Country. 

 

Oh will we ever be able to be Proud Again. He is absolutely insane, and left a couple of marbles in NK.


First he "loved" Putin - one low class poster even suggested a homosexual event - now he "loves" Kim. 

 

You just hang in their with your fears and praying for Divine intervention. In the meantime I'm going out to enjoy the world - it's a lovely day in the neighborhood.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
303
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
385
Views

Re: NOW THE DONALD WOULD LIKE US TO STAND AS NK DOES

385 Views
Message 9 of 14

I don't like gratuitous lectures. The lecturer presumes that he/she is more informed or astute about the topic. They may not be, but, they still presume they are, without sufficient evidence to do so.  That's offensive, disrespectful and arrogant.  

 

Because I know that, I hate to 'lecture'.   Yet...some one has to say something in the face of irrational and cynical propaganda.  It's pointless to 'get down in the weeds' with non-rational people or those who have no ethics about truth in 'discussions'...although they shamelessly announce they do.  Very loudly sometimes. So, on this father's day I assert a father's prerogative.  I'm going to lecture.

 

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely."  I suggest that quote is critical to any understanding of what goes on in politics, business, religion, etc. etc. and it happens whenever a person, any person, actively seeking power, achieves power. Intent matters not.  The process begins with the 'need' for power and ends with the exercise of power to prevent anyone else from getting it.  Purges, even if that is not what they are called. 

 

Even those who exercise power when it is not sought, but demanded of them, soon find it necessary to maintain power in order to achieve progress.  Now the justification for ethical breaches start.  Corruption.  Money is only part of it.

 

We have a Constitution that was drafted to prevent abuse of power.  Dig that thing out, read it, make sure  you really do understand what it actually does say...not what you want to think it does.  It was not perfect at the outset, it still is not.  There is a process to amend when necessary.  Authority, in the end, is left to the People. Want to be a Patriot?  You don't have to stand to do it.

 

Don't allow him the 'authority' he demands.  IF you allow him  to take, he will.  Think not?  Better look carefully at the evidence his entire life presents to you. Because non-rational people prevailed in the electoral college system, the balance of the people are adversely affected.  Boy are they ever.  The long term consequences of this lapse in Public Conscience will take decades to fix.  They may be past fixable already.  All this happened because a substantial number of qualified Voters did not exercise their responsibility as Citizens.  A democratically empowered Republic like ours can function and endure ONLY if the Citizens behave responsibly for the Common Good.  The founders knew this.  They said so.  Don't want a 'dear leader', you say?  Prove it! 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
385
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
388
Views

Re: NOW THE DONALD WOULD LIKE US TO STAND AS NK DOES

388 Views
Message 10 of 14

NOW THE DONALD WOULD LIKE US TO STAND AS NK DOES...on the necks of the 99%.

 

All those who are proud their POTUS salutes the Generals of the most vicious, undemocratic heriditary dictatorship the World has ever seen are SICK and need to study just a little history about what happens when tyranical despots are coddled and appeased.

 

The GOPerLords have no problem with Der Trumpers disgraceful behavior - they know North Korean labor is even cheaper than chinese labor and they'll have even fewer labor problems when they send American jobs and technology to NK.

 

If you're NOT okay with a World where your grandkids pay will be determined by what a slave in North Korea would be paid

VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER!

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
388
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors