Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

NO UTILITY CEO IS AS STUPID AS OUR PRESIDENT

JOBS!!! JOBS!!!! JOBS!!!!

 

DUFUS TRUMP can scream that until he is blue in the face rather than his usual orange.

 

The economics of coal usage is actually the opposite of DUFUS TRUMP'S claims and intentions.

 

It takes approximately 6-8 years to build a coal fired energy producing facility at a cost of over 1.8 billion dollars.

 

No utility is going to bet that much time and money on something they know is an energy source that is on a downward trend of usage and is so controversial.

 

Yes, as long as this idiot pea brain is in the White House, the coal using utilities may have a reprieve; but they know that the next President might just as well be an staunch environmentalist.

 

They are not going to invest either the time or money on NEW facilities.

 

While the President is a total IDIOT; the heads of the utilities are not.

 

No spending = No jobs

 

ANOTHER DUFUS TRUMP LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

It's more than hilarious to read what the Right has to say about solar and other alternative renewable energy sources. It's very clear that they have little knowledge, if any, as to how solar and other methods of producing energy have been fused together to produce massive amounts of energy around the clock, powering entire towns.

 

I suggest that those  'in the dark'  about the modern ways of using solar and other alternative energy sources do some serious research and educate themselves. Then at least they won't seem so grossly uninformed.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
150 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly



@ChasKy53 wrote:

It's more than hilarious to read what the Right has to say about solar and other alternative renewable energy sources. It's very clear that they have little knowledge, if any, as to how solar and other methods of producing energy have been fused together to produce massive amounts of energy around the clock, powering entire towns.

 

I suggest that those  'in the dark'  about the modern ways of using solar and other alternative energy sources do some serious research and educate themselves. Then at least they won't seem so grossly uninformed.



I would suggest that any poster who is knowledgeable about how alternate energy is currently ready to take over the providing for our needs at a reasonable cost offer details rather than insults. At least they wouldn't seem so argumentative.

Honored Social Butterfly

   hilarity ensues as donald supporters attempt to ignore silly things like batteries.    I know, I know...but the main part of their argument is that renewable resources can't be stored.    Hence the ignorance.    have they ignored the Tesla solar products for homes and communities?      Have they somehow missed that Wind energy storage systems are being actively developed / tested by really unknown groups like General Electric?      Were they in a coal mine looking for a live canary?   Just asking.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
0 Kudos
223 Views
10
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@afisher wrote:

   hilarity ensues as donald supporters attempt to ignore silly things like batteries.    I know, I know...but the main part of their argument is that renewable resources can't be stored.    Hence the ignorance.    have they ignored the Tesla solar products for homes and communities?      Have they somehow missed that Wind energy storage systems are being actively developed / tested by really unknown groups like General Electric?      Were they in a coal mine looking for a live canary?   Just asking.


Hilarity ensues when the President Trump haters are not aware that batteries do not create energy - they only store it.
 

0 Kudos
177 Views
5
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   hilarity ensues as donald supporters attempt to ignore silly things like batteries.    I know, I know...but the main part of their argument is that renewable resources can't be stored.    Hence the ignorance.    have they ignored the Tesla solar products for homes and communities?      Have they somehow missed that Wind energy storage systems are being actively developed / tested by really unknown groups like General Electric?      Were they in a coal mine looking for a live canary?   Just asking.


Hilarity ensues when the President Trump haters are not aware that batteries do not create energy - they only store it.


And that's exactly what the poster stated relative to Trump supporters believing that "renewable resources can't be stored" ..... rendering your comment an enormous false accusation!

 

And BTW .... there are batteries that do create energy ..... via  chemical reaction.  We use them everyday!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
154 Views
4
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   hilarity ensues as donald supporters attempt to ignore silly things like batteries.    I know, I know...but the main part of their argument is that renewable resources can't be stored.    Hence the ignorance.    have they ignored the Tesla solar products for homes and communities?      Have they somehow missed that Wind energy storage systems are being actively developed / tested by really unknown groups like General Electric?      Were they in a coal mine looking for a live canary?   Just asking.


Hilarity ensues when the President Trump haters are not aware that batteries do not create energy - they only store it.


And that's exactly what the poster stated relative to Trump supporters believing that "renewable resources can't be stored" ..... rendering your comment an enormous false accusation!

 

And BTW .... there are batteries that do create energy ..... via  chemical reaction.  We use them everyday!


Well, you can heat your home in the winter with those batteries that create their own energy. Until that technology is proven, I believe I'll stick to existing technology.

 

Until then I believe I'll stick to, "Hilarity ensues when the President Trump haters are not aware that batteries do not create energy - they only store it".

0 Kudos
148 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   hilarity ensues as donald supporters attempt to ignore silly things like batteries.    I know, I know...but the main part of their argument is that renewable resources can't be stored.    Hence the ignorance.    have they ignored the Tesla solar products for homes and communities?      Have they somehow missed that Wind energy storage systems are being actively developed / tested by really unknown groups like General Electric?      Were they in a coal mine looking for a live canary?   Just asking.


Hilarity ensues when the President Trump haters are not aware that batteries do not create energy - they only store it.


And that's exactly what the poster stated relative to Trump supporters believing that "renewable resources can't be stored" ..... rendering your comment an enormous false accusation!

 

And BTW .... there are batteries that do create energy ..... via  chemical reaction.  We use them everyday!


Well, you can heat your home in the winter with those batteries that create their own energy. Until that technology is proven, I believe I'll stick to existing technology.

I NEVER said anything about 'heating a home with batteries' RK.  Again, you put your words into my comments and then convolute it to create something I never stated ..... ridiculing a comment you actually created.

 

Until then I believe I'll stick to, "Hilarity ensues when the President Trump haters are not aware that batteries do not create energy - they only store it".

Nope RK .... you made that all up .... just like the false implication you disingenuously assigned to me!


 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
148 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   hilarity ensues as donald supporters attempt to ignore silly things like batteries.    I know, I know...but the main part of their argument is that renewable resources can't be stored.    Hence the ignorance.    have they ignored the Tesla solar products for homes and communities?      Have they somehow missed that Wind energy storage systems are being actively developed / tested by really unknown groups like General Electric?      Were they in a coal mine looking for a live canary?   Just asking.


Hilarity ensues when the President Trump haters are not aware that batteries do not create energy - they only store it.


And that's exactly what the poster stated relative to Trump supporters believing that "renewable resources can't be stored" ..... rendering your comment an enormous false accusation!

 

And BTW .... there are batteries that do create energy ..... via  chemical reaction.  We use them everyday!


Well, you can heat your home in the winter with those batteries that create their own energy. Until that technology is proven, I believe I'll stick to existing technology.

I NEVER said anything about 'heating a home with batteries' RK.  Again, you put your words into my comments and then convolute it to create something I never stated ..... ridiculing a comment you actually created.

 

Until then I believe I'll stick to, "Hilarity ensues when the President Trump haters are not aware that batteries do not create energy - they only store it".

Nope RK .... you made that all up .... just like the false implication you disingenuously assigned to me!


 


The issue of coal vs alternate energy is an important issue not settled or even rationally discussed with vague generalities and insults. So, I'll say ta-ta.

Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   hilarity ensues as donald supporters attempt to ignore silly things like batteries.    I know, I know...but the main part of their argument is that renewable resources can't be stored.    Hence the ignorance.    have they ignored the Tesla solar products for homes and communities?      Have they somehow missed that Wind energy storage systems are being actively developed / tested by really unknown groups like General Electric?      Were they in a coal mine looking for a live canary?   Just asking.


Hilarity ensues when the President Trump haters are not aware that batteries do not create energy - they only store it.


And that's exactly what the poster stated relative to Trump supporters believing that "renewable resources can't be stored" ..... rendering your comment an enormous false accusation!

 

And BTW .... there are batteries that do create energy ..... via  chemical reaction.  We use them everyday!


Well, you can heat your home in the winter with those batteries that create their own energy. Until that technology is proven, I believe I'll stick to existing technology.

I NEVER said anything about 'heating a home with batteries' RK.  Again, you put your words into my comments and then convolute it to create something I never stated ..... ridiculing a comment you actually created.

 

Until then I believe I'll stick to, "Hilarity ensues when the President Trump haters are not aware that batteries do not create energy - they only store it".

Nope RK .... you made that all up .... just like the false implication you disingenuously assigned to me!


 


The issue of coal vs alternate energy is an important issue not settled or even rationally discussed with vague generalities and insults. So, I'll say ta-ta.


Nope ....The use of coal as ANY energy source is not an important issue as coal has been and still is being phased out with cleaner, safer and lower cost energy sources.

 

Inserting your words into my comment, then convoluting it into something I never stated followed by ridiculing the resulting convolution is the real insult!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
133 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Some on the radical left actually think those on the right are ignorant of storage techniques for electric energy and they would be WRONG again.  Actually, in order to power a decent size house would cost at least $40K (or more) for the system.  Expect to fill your garage up with batteries if you want to disconnect from the grid and still watch TV at night.  Don't forget the IRS tax credit for solar!

Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Some on the radical left actually think those on the right are ignorant of storage techniques for electric energy and they would be WRONG again.  Actually, in order to power a decent size house would cost at least $40K (or more) for the system.  Expect to fill your garage up with batteries if you want to disconnect from the grid and still watch TV at night.  Don't forget the IRS tax credit for solar!


Anyone under the impression that the only way to use solar is to store the energy in batteries is way behind the times and very uninformed about how alternative energies are actually being used.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
169 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Some on the radical left actually think those on the right are ignorant of storage techniques for electric energy and they would be WRONG again.  Actually, in order to power a decent size house would cost at least $40K (or more) for the system.  Expect to fill your garage up with batteries if you want to disconnect from the grid and still watch TV at night.  Don't forget the IRS tax credit for solar!


Anyone under the impression that the only way to use solar is to store the energy in batteries is way behind the times and very uninformed about how alternative energies are actually being used.


Did I say it is the ONLY way to use solar???????  Don't guess what I mean but READ what I said.  If you want to use solar to store heat, there are several ways to do this also.  If your goal is to use solar for electricity, then the old fashioned solar panels connected to an inverter (and if you like TV and light at night, battery storage) is the way to go.  Since you feel you are better qualified on solar, why not tell me (and others) the best way to convert sunlight into electricity.  I am VERY aware of ways to heat salts, water, and passive heating systems.

0 Kudos
157 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Some on the radical left actually think those on the right are ignorant of storage techniques for electric energy and they would be WRONG again.  Actually, in order to power a decent size house would cost at least $40K (or more) for the system.  Expect to fill your garage up with batteries if you want to disconnect from the grid and still watch TV at night.  Don't forget the IRS tax credit for solar!


Anyone under the impression that the only way to use solar is to store the energy in batteries is way behind the times and very uninformed about how alternative energies are actually being used.


I don't think anyone is opposed to solar. When the technology catches up to our needs, it will be used. When alternate sources make coal fired plants no longer necessary, they will go the way of the buggy whip.

0 Kudos
175 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Two thoughts on this one: 

 

1.  Fossil fuels have been on their way out for a long time.  So, no matter what anyone want to believe, jobs in this area won't be coming back.

 

2.  almost anyone would be a better president than Trump--I offered my dog once to take his place--NO OFFERS--maybe we should rethink that!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
0 Kudos
225 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

   Just a reminder:   a decade ago, Coal was 50% of fossil fuel in the US.    

 

    The number of deaths from Coal has been dropping like a stone over the same time frame.

 

    Do people want to justify or celebrate more coal  because of their political identity is so tied to a dying energy source?   

 

    The move away from coal is at least 2-fold.   It is messy and expensive.   States and Cities are taking the initiative to get that pollution out of their area.    Are the Coal advocates here saying that Donald et al should demand that States and Cities stop acting so responsibly.   We should go back to the good old days where 13,000 people per year died of coal related causes  

Gees, even EXXON is saying that Donald is wrong.  

 

     When Wind is cheaper than Coal, some here are demanding that US consumers should spend more for energy, really?   http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Wind-Energy-Now-Directly-Competing-With-Coal-On-Cost.html

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

Some on the left fail to realize when wind is cheaper than coal (or any other fuel), utility companies will use that form of energy production.  If it's NOT, they won't be in a hurry to embrace a costly new venture.  It's all about economics.

Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Some on the left fail to realize when wind is cheaper than coal (or any other fuel), utility companies will use that form of energy production.  If it's NOT, they won't be in a hurry to embrace a costly new venture.  It's all about economics.


As long as the government continues to subsidize the fossil fuel industries they will continue to accept the payouts. Without the subsidies wind and solar would already be cheaper.

0 Kudos
172 Views
23
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Some on the left fail to realize when wind is cheaper than coal (or any other fuel), utility companies will use that form of energy production.  If it's NOT, they won't be in a hurry to embrace a costly new venture.  It's all about economics.


As long as the government continues to subsidize the fossil fuel industries they will continue to accept the payouts. Without the subsidies wind and solar would already be cheaper.


Energy subsidies are intended to lower the cost to the consumer. So, it makes more sense to subsidize an existing, proven energy source than a new, not yet quite ready to take over one.

 

Some seem to forget the reason for the subsidies and fall into the "Oligarch", 1ers%, "fat cats", etc. traps.

0 Kudos
178 Views
22
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Some on the left fail to realize when wind is cheaper than coal (or any other fuel), utility companies will use that form of energy production.  If it's NOT, they won't be in a hurry to embrace a costly new venture.  It's all about economics.


As long as the government continues to subsidize the fossil fuel industries they will continue to accept the payouts. Without the subsidies wind and solar would already be cheaper.


Energy subsidies are intended to lower the cost to the consumer. So, it makes more sense to subsidize an existing, proven energy source than a new, not yet quite ready to take over one.

 

Some seem to forget the reason for the subsidies and fall into the "Oligarch", 1ers%, "fat cats", etc. traps.


I believe the subsidies were to help development of  fledgling industries and clean power sources. Coal is neither. Coal is not the cheapest source of power. It is not the cleanest source of power. It is not the most efficient source of power. There are more people employed installing solar panels than mining coal so it is no longer an economic driver.

 

I hear the crack of the buggy whip here.  

Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Some on the left fail to realize when wind is cheaper than coal (or any other fuel), utility companies will use that form of energy production.  If it's NOT, they won't be in a hurry to embrace a costly new venture.  It's all about economics.


As long as the government continues to subsidize the fossil fuel industries they will continue to accept the payouts. Without the subsidies wind and solar would already be cheaper.


Energy subsidies are intended to lower the cost to the consumer. So, it makes more sense to subsidize an existing, proven energy source than a new, not yet quite ready to take over one.

 

Some seem to forget the reason for the subsidies and fall into the "Oligarch", 1ers%, "fat cats", etc. traps.


I believe the subsidies were to help development of  fledgling industries and clean power sources. Coal is neither. Coal is not the cheapest source of power. It is not the cleanest source of power. It is not the most efficient source of power. There are more people employed installing solar panels than mining coal so it is no longer an economic driver.

 

I hear the crack of the buggy whip here.  


Since the subsidies have existed in Administrations of both Parties I think it is safe to assume that "Oligarch", 1ers%, "fat cats" are inappropriate thoughts.

 

If the buggy whip is cracking due to advances in technology, I'm all for it.

0 Kudos
151 Views
19
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png