AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NK Plays Trump...who could have seen THAT coming?

Message 11 of 13
As i said before, i hoped it was a success. Trump couldnt contain himself however, and wrecked the process. Now TRUMP HAS ALLOWED kIM TO BE IN A POSITION TO SNUB THE PRESIDENT OF THE US. oops. there were a lot of Trumpeteers ballyhooing his upcoming nobel prize that have suddenly disappeared. Just like they have on a lot of Trump topics.
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: NK Plays Trump...who could have seen THAT coming?

Message 12 of 13

How many people actually believed that anything different could have happened?

Please!!!!! it takes a very naive and incompetent President to think that he could get anything from NK.  I am sorry that none of his so called people didn't have what it takes to have advised him first to keep his mouth shut and then simply not to speak about the summit until the NK did so.

But who can stop Trump when he was dreaming of NOBEL,  NOBEL  NOBEL?
and there are some that have criticized previous Presidents and now, what do they think that Trump belongs and in what category.? I love what they said about Pence.  LOL

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

NK Plays Trump...who could have seen THAT coming?

Message 13 of 13

The words "I told you so" are trembling on my lips.  Trump's actions made Kim look like a world class leader right up until Kim had all he could get for free and then started to see how far he could embarrass Trump before the Donald got wise.  Joke's on Kim as Trump is VERY sensitive to his own image and realized quickly he was standing in deep cow manure instead of the world stage. Well, he was on the world stage but only as Kim's comic relief.  It would have been nice to have a president with some experience negotiating more than his appearances in a reality show.

President Donald Trump claims he knows how to make deals better than anyone. We are getting our chance to see his negotiating strategy live, as he tries to maneuver back into a position of strength with North Korea. For the past six months, Trump has been reacting to events both in North and South Korea and as a result, North Korea’s position has greatly improved at the expense of the United States. Now, by canceling the long-anticipated summit, Trump is trying to play hard to get with Kim, claiming that the meeting was “requested by North Korea” but cannot take place “at this time.”

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/05/24/donald-trump-north-korea-218540

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors