Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NFL’s TV ratings and TD numbers are on the rise

Message 1 of 15

@PattyC369247 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@PattyC369247 wrote:

And why are TV ratings up?  Because there are better games.  Like you, Sports Illustrated didn't mention those who remain in the locker room or tunnels as the NFL permits.  And like trump, you don't seem to appreciate personal Liberty.....just the fascist, "it's my way or the highway" mentality.  How do you feel about equal rights?

The simple fact, should you choose to address facts for a change instead of all the spin and nonsense, is that people did not want to pay to watch idiots kneel during the National Anthem.  "The simple fact, should you choose to address facts for a change instead of all the spin and nonsense," most don't tune into a football game to watch the anthem. It's also a fact most of those fighting in our wars fought for our rights, our liberty and EQUAL RIGHTS.  That appears to get lost on the narrow-minded.  If you support "equal rights" as you claim, why so much angst against someone protesting the fact that many don't have the same rights you do?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

@Olderscout66 wrote:

NASCAR attendence is down 20% from last year.

The Not For Long might have a few good seasons left, but more and more high schools are dropping football and Colleges can be expected to follow suit, depriving the Pros of their totally taxpayer funded "farm teams" and law suits from injured players or their survivors will do the rest. The modern replacement for Bear Baiting will not survive for much longer.

Why is NASCAR attendance dropping every year?

doY7b.jpg

44>45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

The majority of American Citizens don't believe the racist rantings of Putin's obese mentally ill bought and paid for pResident.

Only trump supporters believe the deranged orange toad. 

44>45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

Blood Sport will always have a few adherents, but HBO just dropped Pro boxing, and NASCAR attendence is down 20% from last year.

I enjoyed playing and watching football, but I played when the idea of "spiking" an opponent with your helmet had not occured, let alone become a staple of the training for defensive players. Nor had anyone noticed the uptick in serious brain injury for players.

The Not For Long might have a few good seasons left, but more and more highschools are dropping football and Colleges can be expected to follow suit, depriving the Pros of their totally taxpayer funded "farm teams" and law suits from injured players or their survivors will do the rest. The modern replacement for Bear Baiting will not survive for much longer.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@PattyC369247 wrote:

And why are TV ratings up?  Because there are better games.  Like you, Sports Illustrated didn't mention those who remain in the locker room or tunnels as the NFL permits.  And like trump, you don't seem to appreciate personal Liberty.....just the fascist, "it's my way or the highway" mentality.  How do you feel about equal rights?

The simple fact, should you choose to address facts for a change instead of all the spin and nonsense, is that people did not want to pay to watch idiots kneel during the National Anthem. 

I feel that everyone should be treated equally and I'm, LMAO at the question since you don't and it has nothing to do with anything said.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

@PattyC369247 wrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

@CriticalThinking wrote:

You don't see Trump using the term "failing NFL" any more. 

Or "failing NYTimes".....

The rise and fall of trump we'll be seeing quite frequently.....

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

And why are TV ratings up?  Because, like all stupid ideas, the kneeling nonsense is fading into oblivion.  For example, following is a Sports Illustrated breakdown:

Bengals vs. Falcons

All players stood for the national anthem.

Buccaneers vs. Bears

All players stood for the national anthem,

Lions vs. Cowboys

Bills vs. Packers

Eagles vs. Titans

Eagles defensive end Michael Bennett was in the locker room during the national anthem. All other players stood for the anthem.

Texans vs. Colts

Dolphins vs. Patriots

Dolphins wide receivers Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson kneeled during the anthem and defensive end Robert Quinn raised a fist in the air to protest social injustice in the United States. All other players stood for the anthem.

Jets vs. Jaguars

Browns vs. Raiders

Seahawks vs. Cardinals

Seahawks offensive tackle Duane Brown, defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson and defensive end Branden Jackson stayed in the locker room during the national anthem. All other players stood for the anthem.

Saints vs. Giants

49ers vs. Chargers

49ers wide receiver Marquise Goodwin raised a fist during the national anthem. All other players stood for the anthem.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All you libs, make sure you "take a knee" when watching your favorite NFL game today.

No NFL games for me - I no longer watch american football - we had a TV downstairs for the kids, but we both stopped watching TV in the early eighties - about the same time we stopped drinking alcoholic beverages - I much prefer watching European pro Soccer, Rugby, Aussie Rules Football - even Cricket is more enjoyable for me to watch...

Instead, I'll be carving some turns up on the ski area - much better than the glass teat, both physically and psychologically.

instead of a knee, would an upraised middle finger in the general direction of Mar-a-Lago be a sufficient substitute?

44>45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

All you libs, make sure you "take a knee" when watching your favorite NFL game today.

Kudos
Views