Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NFL players kneel, raise fists or sit

Message 81 of 215

@Richva wrote:

Remind  me again why the NFL players are not standing for the National Anthem?  Something about unarmed blacks being shot in the back by police.  Blacks being killed by police at much higher percentages then could ever be justified by their percentage of the population.   None of that is a problem but "taking a knee" is?

Another nonsensical excuse for them acting like overpaid prima donnas.  Are they not there to play football instead of to be demonstrating for social issues?   Can't they do that on their own time off the football field?   OF COURSE NOT, if they did that they wouldn't have the 'LOOK AT ME' excuse.

The question should be asked about why are Blacks being killed by police at a higher percentage?  Perhaps the reason is because they are engaging in more crime than any other demographic.

Want to guess what the percentage of Blacks has been engaged in killings in Chicago is versus other races?  You keep repeating about Blacks being killed but haven't provided demographics or how many are Black on Black or how many Blacks are killed by police versus those of others.  Or why they are killed by police.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 215

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Grumpy is now an ignobler enabler.    

The players are well aware that Donald can whine and police in FL can too, but neither of those behaviors will change the working relationship between owners and players in the NFL.    Remember, donald lost big bucks when he attempted to create another football league.   

And you are completely off topic....this is not about Trump nor making light of another poster's user name.  It is about the football players refusing to stand for the National Anthem. 

But then there is something about liberals who are still crying because their goddess lost the 2016 presidential election.

Remind  me again why the NFL players are not standing for the National Anthem?  Something about unarmed blacks being shot in the back by police.  Blacks being killed by police at much higher percentages then could ever be justified by their percentage of the population.   None of that is a problem but "taking a knee" is?

Oh right. I forgot who I was talking to.  Carry on. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 215

@afisher wrote:

The players are well aware that Donald can whine and police in FL can too, but neither of those behaviors will change the working relationship between owners and players in the NFL.    Remember, donald lost big bucks when he attempted to create another football league.   

And you are completely off topic....this is not about Trump nor making light of another poster's user name.  It is about the football players refusing to stand for the National Anthem. 

But then there is something about liberals who are still crying because their goddess lost the 2016 presidential election.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 215

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 215

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Once again rk has done a masterful job of diverting the conversation from the right to protest police brutality against blacks into " who runs Chicago?".

Have you not done the same by taking threads off topic with rants about GOPers, Der Trumper, etc?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 215

Once again rk has done a masterful job of diverting the conversation from the right to protest police brutality against blacks into " who runs Chicago?".

Performers have always had a right to free speech, no matter who was paying them or how much they were paid. Republicans have always wanted to quash this free speech and are trying to do it with professional atheletes just like they did with stand up comics in the 50's and 60's - remember Lenny Bruce, the Smother's Brothers and Laugh In? Or more recently the Dixie Chicks?

Republican policy operates best in total darkness, and the players are shining a light on the murder of innocent civilians by police, something Republicans support by pretending it's support of Police in general instead of the very few who take deadly action in support of the racism that is now central to Republican politics. Then they attempt to turn the protest of brutality by SOME police into a totally fabricated attack on POLICE and Law and Order.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 215

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You replied to me first, in response to a post that was not to you but to KidBoy.  I only asked you a short simple question, but ........... nice rant Smiley Surprised

You're the one who is doing the ranting, just as I predicted.  I simply replied to your comment about the copyright on the National Anthem.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 215

@alferdpacker wrote:

FULL: Roseanne Barr sings National Anthem 1990 - YouTube

Not surprising that you would like her singing it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 215

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The National anthem is a song, technically it belongs to to whomever holds the copyright.

You are not aware that the Star Spangled Banner as the National Anthem is in the public domain and not copyrighted.  However the rendition by the singer might be.

How about you?  Do you support American citizens having their Constitutional rights taken away?

What do you think?  Who is having their constitutional rights taken away? Do you think that when a person is employed by someone that they have the right to do as they please?  Or should their first duty be to their employer who is paying them more than they are worth?

Before you retired do you think that you had the right to proclaim your opinions to clients of your employer?

No one is or has taken their constitutional rights away from these football players.

I guess now you're going to send a flood of posts to me now?

You replied to me first, in response to a post that was not to you but to KidBoy.  I only asked you a short simple question, but ........... nice rant Smiley Surprised

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 215

@alferdpacker—-Ahhh, Roseanne Barr, another racist and conspiracy theorist to whom the racist and conspiracy theorist in the White House sang high praises. Two IDIOTS!!

Birds of a feather,  you know!!

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion: