Kudos
Views

Re: NFL players kneel, raise fists or sit

Message 61 of 215

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Well, the fact is that the NFL players are protesting the treatment of blacks in this county. 

Are they signed by the NFL and teams to do social work or to play football?  What are you doing about what you feel is the treatment of Blacks?  You're spend a good majority of your time here.

Sounds like another of your passive/agressive personal attacks again.

Versus yours?   So answer me this...if these showboating pampered overpaid football players are so concerned about social issues why aren't they using their influence to address them?  That rather than kneeling instead of standing when the National Anthem is played?  They should be thankful that they were able to be overpaid for playing football.

They had their tuition paid by taxpayer supported universities as a path to big bucks.  Why don't they repay this opportunity by helping solve these problems, instead of acting like spoiled children?

Houston Texans has a star football player who is proactive in many areas of society, in fact many on that team are. 

You should get outside your bubble some time and look at what these football players are doing in addition to their protest. Those who are protesting are also putting their money and influence in correcting the injustices.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 215

@williamb39198 wrote:

Did the lady that was fired not stand for the anthem?

And now the anthem is a “work” moment?

How about a prayer, like at NASCAR races? If you don’t bow your head or close your eyes, should your owner fire you? Are you disrespecting God?

”One Nation Under God”

You are attempting to throw everything into this except the kitchen sink.  We're not talking NASCAR races, but public disrespect for the country.  It was asked if the players were at work...wouldn't they be considered 'at work' since they were required to be on the bench or standing on the field and in uniform.

* * * BLOOMBERG * * *
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 215

@TxGrandpa2

Did the lady that was fired not stand for the anthem?

And now the anthem is a “work” moment?

How about a prayer, like at NASCAR races? If you don’t bow your head or close your eyes, should your owner fire you? Are you disrespecting God?

”One Nation Under God”

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 215

@williamb39198 wrote:

Therefore even considering that aspect, are the players actually “working” at that period of time?...

They are dressed out and on the field...shouldn't that be considered 'at work'?

* * * BLOOMBERG * * *
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 215

@williamb39198 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2

I’m not talking about my views, I’m talking about Constitutional rights. 

You have no constitutional right to demonstrate on company time.  Nor do you have a right to conduct personal business on company time.  You do not have a constitutional right to do any personal business on company time.  Of course most workplaces will overlook some, but not when it interferes with work.

At the business I retired from, we had a lady that was supposed to be taking orders over the phone.  However she spent her time with personal business and visiting with friends.  She was fired immediately after a few weeks of that.

There can be restrictions on employees rights in the workplace as indicated at this link.

* * * BLOOMBERG * * *
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 215

@williamb39198 wrote:

@GraysonL320504

Once again, the NFL and it’s owners do not own the national anthem. Playing it is a national moment, not an owners or employer moment. Therefore even considering that aspect, are the players actually “working” at that period of time?...even that is a secondary consideration. The primary consideration is support of freedom of speech and constitutional rights. 

@williamb39198—In addition, just where is it written that the ONLY way to show reverence for our country is by placing one’s hand over one’s heart?  Trump’s accusations that this shows unpatriotic behavior are just as stupid as is he and those who believe the garbage as to why these people are taking a knee. 

This entire thing is another of trump’s diversionary tactics that he uses to draw our attention away from the fact that with each and every day he is weakening the democracy of this country. Sadly, people are being taken in by these ridiculous and stupid divergences, and are not closely paying attention to the weakening of the democracy of the country in which they live.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 215

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Just as a boy in Tennessee chosing to stand for the anthem is his exercise of his Constitutional Right to symbolically freely express his feelings and beliefs - so are the actions of athletes exercising their Constitutional Right to symbolically express their feelings and beliefs regarding the extent and degree of the nation's culturally ingrained and still existing mistreatment of black American Citizens.   

A boy in Tennessee isn't on the payroll of the NFL so you are again mixing apples and oranges. When you are being paid (for work???), you follow the rules of the employer much the same as you did when employed. If you don't follow the employer's rules, then you should be fired! You don't express any feelings when on the employer's dime!

No one surrenders their Constitutional Rights by accepting a job, and intelligent workers form Unions to make sure that remains the case.

Slaves, or those who like slavery, might disagree, but that does not alter the Rights of those who will not be slaves.

No one is surrendering their Constitutional rights by accepting a job. When you accept a job, you are told the rules before you start and if you don't follow the rules (as long as the rules are legal), you are terminated. I know this doesn't hold true for liberal teachers who are protected by tenure in the union positions but for all real world workers, it IS true.

Slavery is mandated work and no work agreement. Liberals think ALL work is slave labor!

I guess that means that you support the players’ actions since there is no NFL rule requiring the players to stand. Or do you support the government making ‘rules’ after the fact?

The NFL doesn't pay the "employees" but the owner of the team does. The owner of the team makes the rules since HE/SHE is paying those protesters. I don't support government making any rules but the owners of the teams!

Understand now?

Don't have a clue, do you? The owners and the players NEGOTIATE CONTRACTS, the terms of the CONTRACT do not include anything about the player's right to protest against social injustice, nor will they ever have such a clause because no player will sign one. Unlike RW snowflakes, they cherish their ability to disagree with authority, including the RACIST PupPetPOTUS

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 215

@GraysonL320504

Once again, the NFL and it’s owners do not own the national anthem. Playing it is a national moment, not an owners or employer moment. Therefore even considering that aspect, are the players actually “working” at that period of time?...even that is a secondary consideration. The primary consideration is support of freedom of speech and constitutional rights. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 215

@TxGrandpa2

I’m not talking about my views, I’m talking about Constitutional rights. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 215

@williamb39198 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING

Since when are your constitutional rights suspended while you are at work?

What you are saying is that employers intentionally write their rules of conduct to violate a persons constitutional rights. 

Under that guise, looks like employers would really want and support slavery!

@williamb39198—SPOT ON!!!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors