It’s open enrollment season for Affordable Care Act health insurance! Here are 11 things you need to know.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NFL players kneel, raise fists or sit

Message 31 of 215

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I am a bit confused ............. does the right oppose the NFL players kneeling during the national anthem or do they oppose the players protesting the treatment of blacks by the police? Or both?

It's really not all that confusing - I oppose publicizing sports. I also oppose disrespecting symbols of our nation. Both of those.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 215

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Despite the constant effort to make this a racial issue and to equate an NFL player on the field with the President in the WH, the truth is that it is simply a workplace standards issue.

I'm sure you all saw the recent case of a store employee fired for using the dreaded "N-word". Why? Because it violated the standards of the employer. By the same token, the NFL owners are entitled to have standards for their employees.

Despite Trump and the right trying to change what the protest is about it is about highlighting a racial issue. Not a workplace standards issue since that would be handled by the employers not by the demands of the President and those on the right.

Yup, easy to see that trump’s base is proud to have swallowed his BS, repeating his version of the truth, and that of the propagandists, with not an ounce of understanding with regard to why wise, caring, and compassionate NFL players are “taking a knee.”

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Does that mean that you do not think that the NFL owners are permitted to establish workplace standards?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 215

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Despite the constant effort to make this a racial issue and to equate an NFL player on the field with the President in the WH, the truth is that it is simply a workplace standards issue.

I'm sure you all saw the recent case of a store employee fired for using the dreaded "N-word". Why? Because it violated the standards of the employer. By the same token, the NFL owners are entitled to have standards for their employees.

Despite Trump and the right trying to change what the protest is about it is about highlighting a racial issue. Not a workplace standards issue since that would be handled by the employers not by the demands of the President and those on the right.

Forget Trump and "the right" - it's just us guys (generic) here. It is a workplace standards issue. I assume that we are in agreement the owners are allowed to establish such standards. So, if they find that this divisive show-boating is bad for business, can they not stop it?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 215

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

The protest escalated to where it is today when Trump and the right got their feelings hurt and had to strike out against those who made them feel uncomfortable.

Anyone who has listened to the players would know what they are protesting, what they want done about it and what success will look like. 

Is every protest nothing more than throwing a temper tantrum or just those that make you feel uncomfortable?

The bottom line is that it has nothing to do with "hurt feelings" - it has to do with millionaires show boating.

Now millionaires don’t have free speech rights? Who are you going to claim have no rights next?

Did I say anything about "rights"? I made a statement of fact.

You made a false statement devoid- what is false??

"The bottom line is that it has nothing to do with "hurt feelings" - it has to do with millionaires show boating."

I agree - that is what this whole fiasco is about.

I am glad that you agree that what you posted was false. Thanks for that admission.

I am glad that to agree with the truth of what I posted. Thank you.

On the other hand, would you care to expand on the true statement - "The bottom line is that it has nothing to do with "hurt feelings" - it has to do with millionaires show boating." or is it fine as is?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 215

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Well, the fact is that the NFL players are protesting the treatment of blacks in this county. 

Are they signed by the NFL and teams to do social work or to play football?  What are you doing about what you feel is the treatment of Blacks?  You're spend a good majority of your time here.

Sounds like another of your passive/agressive personal attacks again.

I don't get your answer. Let's review. On a Sunday afternoon they are on the field for the game and all that goes with it. They work for the owners. They are not there for meaningless grand-standing.

Now, how does a poster's "passive/aggressive attacks" get into that?

Maybe you should read the entire post to which I responded.

You missed - I don't get your answer. Let's review. On a Sunday afternoon they are on the field for the game and all that goes with it. They work for the owners. They are not there for meaningless grand-standing.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 215

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2

I’m not talking about my views, I’m talking about Constitutional rights. 

At the business I retired from, we had a lady that was supposed to be taking orders over the phone.  However she spent her time with personal business and visiting with friends.  She was fired immediately after a few weeks of that.

Fired "after a few weeks" is hardly "immediately" Tex!

The company made sure they had documentation to avoid a lawsuit and prevent unemployment claims.  Guess you've never been in a managerial position.  Probably no experience. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 215

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I'm saying you have no 1st amendment rights when at work. Try and call your boss an ******* and see what your rights are. The left don't know because most don't work.

That would be interesting to see.  Especially how fast they would hit the door afterwards.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 215

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

williamb39198 asked...

Since when does the National Anthem belong to the NFL owners!

And at our expense...was this time that was purchased from the NFL!

============================================================

Our National Anthem belongs to all of us, including you and the NFL players.

Using the ill- logic from some, members of our military would not have to stand for our National Anthem.

The National anthem is a song, technically it belongs to whomever holds the copyright.

The football players are within their Constitutional rights.

Do you support Constitutional rights being taken away from someone?  I don't expect you to answer because your answer would obviously have to be "YES" !!

You have constitutional rights when on your own time, not the employer's time. Your 1st amendment rights have been suspended when on the clock!

My employer has no rule against kneeling during the national anthem.

Was your employer, unemployment?

The NFL has no rule against kneeling during the national anthem.

NFL doesn't pay the players and it is NOT their boss!

It is against the law for the government (trump) to take that constitutional right away or to dictate that the NFL has to make a rule prohibiting it.

They don't work for Trump. The owner of the team makes the rules. I know it's difficult for liberals to understand the difference between employer and employee and what rights they have.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 215

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Just as a boy in Tennessee chosing to stand for the anthem is his exercise of his Constitutional Right to symbolically freely express his feelings and beliefs - so are the actions of athletes exercising their Constitutional Right to symbolically express their feelings and beliefs regarding the extent and degree of the nation's culturally ingrained and still existing mistreatment of black American Citizens.   

A boy in Tennessee isn't on the payroll of the NFL so you are again mixing apples and oranges. When you are being paid (for work???), you follow the rules of the employer much the same as you did when employed. If you don't follow the employer's rules, then you should be fired! You don't express any feelings when on the employer's dime!

No one surrenders their Constitutional Rights by accepting a job, and intelligent workers form Unions to make sure that remains the case.

Slaves, or those who like slavery, might disagree, but that does not alter the Rights of those who will not be slaves.

No one is surrendering their Constitutional rights by accepting a job. When you accept a job, you are told the rules before you start and if you don't follow the rules (as long as the rules are legal), you are terminated. I know this doesn't hold true for liberal teachers who are protected by tenure in the union positions but for all real world workers, it IS true.

Slavery is mandated work and no work agreement. Liberals think ALL work is slave labor!

I guess that means that you support the players’ actions since there is no NFL rule requiring the players to stand. Or do you support the government making ‘rules’ after the fact?

The NFL doesn't pay the "employees" but the owner of the team does. The owner of the team makes the rules since HE/SHE is paying those protesters. I don't support government making any rules but the owners of the teams!

Understand now?

Don't have a clue, do you? The owners and the players NEGOTIATE CONTRACTS, the terms of the CONTRACT do not include anything about the player's right to protest against social injustice, nor will they ever have such a clause because no player will sign one. Unlike RW snowflakes, they cherish their ability to disagree with authority, including the RACIST PupPetPOTUS

You don't have a clue and it shows by your post. You don't know what their contract says and I'm sure inappropriate behavior is included and loosely defined.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 215

@williamb39198 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING

Since when are your constitutional rights suspended while you are at work?

What you are saying is that employers intentionally write their rules of conduct to violate a persons constitutional rights. 

Under that guise, looks like employers would really want and support slavery!

I'm saying you have no 1st amendment rights when at work. Try and call your boss an ******* and see what your rights are. The left don't know because most don't work.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22