Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NFL players kneel, raise fists or sit

Message 51 of 215

@Snoopy48 wrote:

You should get outside your bubble some time and look at what these football players are doing in addition to their protest. Those who are protesting are also putting their money and influence in correcting the injustices.

Those that are not refusing to stand for the National Anthem are out in the community addressing the problems instead of showing off.  I note especially those from the Texans and Astros who are out in the community helping out.  On the news tonight was one Astro who helped finance the restoration of a families home that was destroyed by Hurricane Harvey.  He gave back to the lady the key to her house.

J.J. Watt is active in the community helping people.  There are football players giving kids a 'free shop' at toy stores around Christmas.  He drops thousands of dollars doing so.  They would never have Christmas if he didn't.

They are putting their time and money where those others are not.  They deserve respect.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 215

@KidBoy2 wrote:

phyllisc6781 posted..

LMAO— people will defend the lying, versus cystic, cruel, dictator like fool, But whine like idiots because NFL players, who know people will pay attention to them, are standing up for the rights of their fellow Americans, who are literally being slain on the streets sumply because they are black.

People like this make me ashamed to call them Americans.

=====================================================================

The few players that do not stand for National Anthem are the ones that make me ashamed that they can do it without being disciplined ...like fined or fired.

Do you feel that way about everyone who exercises their right to free speech or just those who don't accept your opinions?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 215

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Just as a boy in Tennessee chosing to stand for the anthem is his exercise of his Constitutional Right to symbolically freely express his feelings and beliefs - so are the actions of athletes exercising their Constitutional Right to symbolically express their feelings and beliefs regarding the extent and degree of the nation's culturally ingrained and still existing mistreatment of black American Citizens.   

A boy in Tennessee isn't on the payroll of the NFL so you are again mixing apples and oranges. When you are being paid (for work???), you follow the rules of the employer much the same as you did when employed. If you don't follow the employer's rules, then you should be fired! You don't express any feelings when on the employer's dime!

No one surrenders their Constitutional Rights by accepting a job, and intelligent workers form Unions to make sure that remains the case.

Slaves, or those who like slavery, might disagree, but that does not alter the Rights of those who will not be slaves.

No one is surrendering their Constitutional rights by accepting a job. When you accept a job, you are told the rules before you start and if you don't follow the rules (as long as the rules are legal), you are terminated. I know this doesn't hold true for liberal teachers who are protected by tenure in the union positions but for all real world workers, it IS true.

Slavery is mandated work and no work agreement. Liberals think ALL work is slave labor!

I guess that means that you support the players’ actions since there is no NFL rule requiring the players to stand. Or do you support the government making ‘rules’ after the fact?

The NFL doesn't pay the "employees" but the owner of the team does. The owner of the team makes the rules since HE/SHE is paying those protesters. I don't support government making any rules but the owners of the teams!

Understand now?

Good, you agree that the players are not violating any rules when they protest by kneeling. By the way, the team owners are restricted as to what rules they can enforce on the players by their agreement wth the NFL.

It's obvious that you and the rest of the liberals don't understand that when you are employed by a boss, you follow HIS/HER rules and not your own rules. I don't feel that I must explain this to you any further since you have proved that you are unable to understand.

The employees (players) were not and are not violating any workplace rules their employer has established. Why is that so hard for you to understand?>

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 215

@rk9152 wrote:

Despite the constant effort to make this a racial issue and to equate an NFL player on the field with the President in the WH, the truth is that it is simply a workplace standards issue.

I'm sure you all saw the recent case of a store employee fired for using the dreaded "N-word". Why? Because it violated the standards of the employer. By the same token, the NFL owners are entitled to have standards for their employees.

Despite Trump and the right trying to change what the protest is about it is about highlighting a racial issue. Not a workplace standards issue since that would be handled by the employers not by the demands of the President and those on the right.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 215

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

"The bottom line is that it has nothing to do with "hurt feelings" - it has to do with millionaires show boating." - what is false??

Good point - "millionaires show boating".  What are THEY doing about social problems?  They are making big bucks and all they are doing is kneeling during the playing of the National Anthem?

How does that help those poor unfortunates they are protesting for?

Basically they are saying that they took advantage of the system, received free tuition through college for playing football, then NFL owners scouted them, got them contracts for millions of dollars.  Then they turn around and with arrogance complain.

Maybe you should actually learn about what the players are doing to help instead of just making up something. Colin Kaepernek has donated millions even after he was blacklisted. Chris Long donated his entire 2017 salary to improve education.

Those are good things - but what has that to do with the show-boating?

They did get your attention didn't they?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 215

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

The protest escalated to where it is today when Trump and the right got their feelings hurt and had to strike out against those who made them feel uncomfortable.

Anyone who has listened to the players would know what they are protesting, what they want done about it and what success will look like. 

Is every protest nothing more than throwing a temper tantrum or just those that make you feel uncomfortable?

The bottom line is that it has nothing to do with "hurt feelings" - it has to do with millionaires show boating.

Now millionaires don’t have free speech rights? Who are you going to claim have no rights next?

Did I say anything about "rights"? I made a statement of fact.

You made a false statement devoid of any fact.

"The bottom line is that it has nothing to do with "hurt feelings" - it has to do with millionaires show boating." - what is false??

"The bottom line is that it has nothing to do with "hurt feelings" - it has to do with millionaires show boating."

I agree - that is what this whole fiasco is about.

I am glad that you agree that what you posted was false. Thanks for that admission.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 215

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Well, the fact is that the NFL players are protesting the treatment of blacks in this county. 

Are they signed by the NFL and teams to do social work or to play football?  What are you doing about what you feel is the treatment of Blacks?  You're spend a good majority of your time here.

Sounds like another of your passive/agressive personal attacks again.

I don't get your answer. Let's review. On a Sunday afternoon they are on the field for the game and all that goes with it. They work for the owners. They are not there for meaningless grand-standing.

Now, how does a poster's "passive/aggressive attacks" get into that?

Maybe you should read the entire post to which I responded.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 215

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You are saying that Trump is not allowed to speak his opinion? 

trump can speak his opinion but he has no right to direct what the NFL does or what NFL players do. The players have the right to kneel in protest whether you, trump, or anyone else likes it or not.

So now you are telling Trump what he can or cannot say?   A true mark of the cultish behavior of a liberal.

You have spent many posts trying to tell others what they can and cannot say or do. What do you blame your cultish behavior on?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 215

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

That is what a dictator wants, HIS WAY!! He wants control of every single thing said and done in this Land of the Free until he gets his way.

You are saying that Trump is not allowed to speak his opinion? 

Why do you support Trump for speaking his opinion while denying the football players the right to speak their opinion?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 215

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Maybe you should actually learn about what the players are doing to help instead of just making up something. Colin Kaepernek has donated millions even after he was blacklisted. Chris Long donated his entire 2017 salary to improve education.

Not millions...a million since his protest began.  That is supposed to give him a pass?  The Texans turned him down for consideration, and how many other teams.

So blacklisting him for standing up for what he believes and supports deserves praise?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing ralmon, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors