Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NFL players kneel, raise fists or sit

Message 41 of 215

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2

I’m not talking about my views, I’m talking about Constitutional rights. 

At the business I retired from, we had a lady that was supposed to be taking orders over the phone.  However she spent her time with personal business and visiting with friends.  She was fired immediately after a few weeks of that.

Fired "after a few weeks" is hardly "immediately" Tex!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 215

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Of course, we must keep in mind the PURPOSE of the protests is to keep America aware that the average black motorist has a much higher chance of being killed by a policeman in this country even if he or she is unarmed.  I think they are trying to tell you that, regardless of what Trump thinks, Black Lives Matter. 

So you go to a football game, or watch it on TV, just to be reminded of social injustices?  What about movies?  Are we supposed to go to movies or watch TV stories to be reminded of social issues?

I watch football to see a good game.  What if a soldier refused to stand for the National Anthem because of social injustices?  Or refused to follow orders because of that?

Why does Trump have to be brought up in any and most every post here regardless of the topic?

Well, Trump is casually destroying the country many of us love but this started because black men (I think exclusively) were being gunned down by police officers. I am not sure we can blame that one on Trump except for his distaste for free speech. The point of a protest is to make you feel uncomfortable.  Mission accomplished. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 215

@phyllisc6781

Ya know, I’m seeing something else going on here, and it is racist based plus human emotion.  I think that many here are jealous and envious of African American sports figures being able to make money via sports. Also what they do not like is these same people of color being able to make a statement legally and constitutionally thru their position in the public eye and public forum. 

Case in point, how many of the trump supporters have openly or acknowledged the good work done by Lebron and starting the school for the kids who need a helping hand. 

Just like trump, they cannot stand for an affluent African American acting like a human being. 

They are just showboating, right? Not!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 215

I am a bit confused ............. does the right oppose the NFL players kneeling during the national anthem or do they oppose the players protesting the treatment of blacks by the police? Or both?

tRumpservatives are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 215

Consider that if a member of one group comes in contact with the police there is a definite possibility it will end with that person being arrested or shot. When a memober of another group comes in contact with the police those outcomes are infinitesimal.

Continue this disparity for a dozen generations and you will discover the members of the first group have a distrust for the letgal system. Follow that with the FACT a member of their group will serve 20% more prison time for the SAME CRIME, even when factoring in (adjusting for)  prior criminal history, and you will find members of that group are much more likely to resort to personal vengence to redress greivences.

Hence the reason blacks tend to be involved in more violent crimes. QED

Now if YOU are a member of the group that has created this situation, it is highly unlikely you will consider that you created this situation and will blame the members of the group while denying any involvement whatsoever.

Hence the reason(sic) Republicans blame Blacks for their more frequent appearance in crime statistics. QED

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 215

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

williamb39198 asked...

Since when does the National Anthem belong to the NFL owners!

And at our expense...was this time that was purchased from the NFL!

============================================================

Our National Anthem belongs to all of us, including you and the NFL players.

Using the ill- logic from some, members of our military would not have to stand for our National Anthem.

The National anthem is a song, technically it belongs to whomever holds the copyright.

The football players are within their Constitutional rights.

Do you support Constitutional rights being taken away from someone?  I don't expect you to answer because your answer would obviously have to be "YES" !!

You have constitutional rights when on your own time, not the employer's time. Your 1st amendment rights have been suspended when on the clock!

My employer has no rule against kneeling during the national anthem. The NFL has no rule against kneeling during the national anthem. It is against the law for the government (trump) to take that constitutional right away or to dictate that the NFL has to make a rule prohibiting it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 215

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You replied to me first, in response to a post that was not to you but to KidBoy.  I only asked you a short simple question, but ........... nice rant Smiley Surprised

You're the one who is doing the ranting, just as I predicted.  I simply replied to your comment about the copyright on the National Anthem.

Like you tell others, you are off-topic. AND,  you still haven't answered the question:  Do you support citizens having their Constitutional right(s) taken away? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 215

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Despite the constant effort to make this a racial issue and to equate an NFL player on the field with the President in the WH, the truth is that it is simply a workplace standards issue.

I'm sure you all saw the recent case of a store employee fired for using the dreaded "N-word". Why? Because it violated the standards of the employer. By the same token, the NFL owners are entitled to have standards for their employees.

Despite Trump and the right trying to change what the protest is about it is about highlighting a racial issue. Not a workplace standards issue since that would be handled by the employers not by the demands of the President and those on the right.

Yup, easy to see that trump’s base is proud to have swallowed his BS, repeating his version of the truth, and that of the propagandists, with not an ounce of understanding with regard to why wise, caring, and compassionate NFL players are “taking a knee.”

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 215

@Richva wrote:

Of course, we must keep in mind the PURPOSE of the protests is to keep America aware that the average black motorist has a much higher chance of being killed by a policeman in this country even if he or she is unarmed.  I think they are trying to tell you that, regardless of what Trump thinks, Black Lives Matter. 

So you go to a football game, or watch it on TV, just to be reminded of social injustices?  What about movies?  Are we supposed to go to movies or watch TV stories to be reminded of social issues?

I watch football to see a good game.  What if a soldier refused to stand for the National Anthem because of social injustices?  Or refused to follow orders because of that?

Why does Trump have to be brought up in any and most every post here regardless of the topic?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 215

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

You should get outside your bubble some time and look at what these football players are doing in addition to their protest. Those who are protesting are also putting their money and influence in correcting the injustices.

Those that are not refusing to stand for the National Anthem are out in the community addressing the problems instead of showing off.  I note especially those from the Texans and Astros who are out in the community helping out.  On the news tonight was one Astro who helped finance the restoration of a families home that was destroyed by Hurricane Harvey.  He gave back to the lady the key to her house.

J.J. Watt is active in the community helping people.  There are football players giving kids a 'free shop' at toy stores around Christmas.  He drops thousands of dollars doing so.  They would never have Christmas if he didn't.

They are putting their time and money where those others are not.  They deserve respect.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors