Medicare open enrollment has begun! Learn all about it in AARP's guide to Medicare made easy.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NFL players kneel, raise fists or sit

Message 211 of 215

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Well, this is another "look over there" on the part of Trump. He wants us to forget that the point of the protests is to spotlight the racist behavior of American society against blacks. If he can concentrate on the protests themselves, he has won with his base. On the other hand, the rest of America is looking at the cause for which they are protesting.  

"Black Lives Matter" is a very real point. When the statistics show that unarmed whites are being killed at the proper proportion to their ratio in society, then the movement will end. We have to stop a LOT of unarmed black deaths before that happens.   Unless, of course, you would rather just kill more white people but that seems stupid. 

As always, your issue seems to be not BLM but SBLM. Ask yourself, how many unarmed blacks were killed by the police in the last last year in Chicago - and how many were killed by other than police in the last month.

BLM is honorable - SBLM is dishonorable. My preference is LM but I can understand BLM in the black community.

I saw something today that reminded me what the Republican Party used to be. The  farewell  speech of Ronald Reagan,  and I saw speeches from  W. Bush. and I felt nostalgic  by those speeches, what has happened to those Republicans?    

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 212 of 215

@Richva wrote:

Well, this is another "look over there" on the part of Trump. He wants us to forget that the point of the protests is to spotlight the racist behavior of American society against blacks. If he can concentrate on the protests themselves, he has won with his base. On the other hand, the rest of America is looking at the cause for which they are protesting.  

"Black Lives Matter" is a very real point. When the statistics show that unarmed whites are being killed at the proper proportion to their ratio in society, then the movement will end. We have to stop a LOT of unarmed black deaths before that happens.   Unless, of course, you would rather just kill more white people but that seems stupid. 

As always, your issue seems to be not BLM but SBLM. Ask yourself, how many unarmed blacks were killed by the police in the last last year in Chicago - and how many were killed by other than police in the last month.

BLM is honorable - SBLM is dishonorable. My preference is LM but I can understand BLM in the black community.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 213 of 215

@Richva wrote:

You have a valid point there.

Until police - and other members of law enforcement - local state and federal - with no lawful justification - kill a demographically proportionate number of white people from all walks of life - are not ever held to account for those unjustified killings - and deliberately and blatantly discriminate proportionally against white people - it's obvious that much of our society's standards and practices are obviously quite **bleeped** up...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 214 of 215

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

NFL players kneel, raise fists or sit

Message 215 of 215

TRUMP LOSES ANOTHER ONE 

(CNN) - Several NFL players took a knee, raised fists or did not take to the field while the National Anthem was played Thursday night before preseason games.

The actions came weeks after the league shelved its new policy regarding conduct surrounding the anthem until it reaches an agreement with the NFL Players Association.

( " “I don’t want to see the Republican Party ride to political victory on the Four Horsemen of Calumny — Fear, Ignorance, Bigotry, and Smear.”) Margaret Chase Smith

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies