Reply
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
841
Views

841 Views
Message 1 of 40

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So then if tRump defeats Bernie in the national election for POTUS it would be accurate to say that you helped make it happen.  Thanks for being honest.

 


What makes you think that Bernie will be in the Presidential Elections?v  Because Democrats are well known to botch up and loose elections. 

 

But are you saying that if one doesn't vote for Bernie in the Primaries that Trump will win the General Elections?  All this based on the results from a few states that have already voted?


You either misunderstood me or you are trying to twist what I said.  The poster openly said that if Sanders won the nomination she would not vote for him in the presidential election.  I responded to that, so don't take what I said out of context, it had nothing to do with the primaries.


After what Bernie said yesterday on 60 minutes, I will never vote for Bernie Sanders. and neither anyone in my family who happen to be younger  and Democrats. but now they will not vote for Bernie. under any circumstances.Bernie blew it bad. And if Trump wins, don't try to put the guilt on me. realize that you lost the elections because you decided to put a jerk for a candidate.

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
841
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
914
Views

914 Views
Message 2 of 40

@ChasKy53 wrote:


You either misunderstood me or you are trying to twist what I said.  The poster openly said that if Sanders won the nomination she would not vote for him in the presidential election.  I responded to that, so don't take what I said out of context, it had nothing to do with the primaries.


I neither misunderstood or attempted to twist what was posted.  Bernie has placed ahead in caucus/primaries in states that are fairly liberal.  He still has to win mostly in the remaining states and be nominated to be on the National ballot.  I didn't vote for Bernie when I mailed in my Absentee Ballot, instead opting for Bloomburg, and I doubt I would vote for him in the General Elections.

 

It has everything to do with his winning the primaries which has a way to go.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
914
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
919
Views

919 Views
Message 3 of 40
Not posted..

Yes, Trump has done a lot with executive powers and the Republicans have stood near by and let it happen. Why? Because all he did was good for the country without expanding government. Bernie is another story. All he plans on doing is BAD for the country and I expect IF he were (????) to get elected, both Democrats and Republicans would stand in his way.

================================================

Many of Trumps executive orders were to rescind Obama's executive orders....orders that were anti business.... typical of Obama.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
919
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
944
Views

944 Views
Message 4 of 40

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:


Yes, Trump has done a lot with executive powers and the Republicans have stood near by and let it happen.  Why?  Because all he did was good for the country without expanding government.  


So ...... tRump eliminating an Exec Order of Obama's and now allowing the coal companies to dump their cancer causing sludge into our waterways was "all good for the country"?  You have to be joking.


Executive orders only last the duration of the President unless Congress gives the OK.  Trump allowed the coal companies to survive saving the coal jobs in many states including WV but did not authorize dumping cancer causing sludge into the waterways.  Maybe you have him mixed up with Democrats who don't care about the country.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
944
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
951
Views

951 Views
Message 5 of 40

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:


Yes, Trump has done a lot with executive powers and the Republicans have stood near by and let it happen.  Why?  Because all he did was good for the country without expanding government.  


So ...... tRump eliminating an Exec Order of Obama's and now allowing the coal companies to dump their cancer causing sludge into our waterways was "all good for the country"?  You have to be joking.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
951
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
957
Views

957 Views
Message 6 of 40

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So then if tRump defeats Bernie in the national election for POTUS it would be accurate to say that you helped make it happen.  Thanks for being honest.

 


What makes you think that Bernie will be in the Presidential Elections?

 

But are you saying that if one doesn't vote for Bernie in the Primaries that Trump will win the General Elections?  All this based on the results from a few states that have already voted?


You either misunderstood me or you are trying to twist what I said.  The poster openly said that if Sanders won the nomination she would not vote for him in the presidential election.  I responded to that, so don't take what I said out of context, it had nothing to do with the primaries.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
957
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
959
Views

959 Views
Message 7 of 40

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I disagree with some of Chasky's satements on Bernie. 

 

" Bernie is not a "Socialist", he claims to be a "Democratic Socialist" and the two are nothing alike"

 

Come on Chasky, do you believe any voters will make that fine distinction? In addition, for many voters, whether we like it or not, they associate Socialism with Communism. That isn't good for Bernie or the Dems.

 

I keep saying national polls are essentially meaningless because we already know who will win in at least 38 states. The 12 purple states (so called Battleground States) is where the election will be decided. They are purple states because the majority of their voters are mainstream. Bernie is NOT mainstream.  

 

Many of the voters in those states want a reason to vote for someone other than Trump. I'm afraid Bernie is not that person.


I didn't say that all voters would "make that fine distinction".  However the distinction isn't at all a "fine one", The distinction is huge.  A Socialist Democrat  is a capitalist who supports fairness and social programs .  A "Socialist" believes in the government owning the ways and means of manufacturing. Too bad people are so ignorant about it.  The Neo-Liberal Republicans give away more "free stuff" than Bernie or any other from the left proposes. They "give away free stuff" to the tune of $Trillions$ in tax cuts to America's biggest corporations and the 1%.

 

As far as the rest about the states and the election, we simply disagree. Hillary was a Centrist and lost. Bernie would have won in 2016 and he can defeat trump this fall.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
959
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
983
Views

983 Views
Message 8 of 40

@Roxanna35 - I can understand completely how Cuban-Americans may view comments made by Sanders. The R's are prepared to release of slew of ads showing Bernie making pro-Castro and pro-Russia comments back years ago, regardless of context. (Face the reality D's, it's what is coming at you. Read the conservative websites.)

 

Lose FL and TX and it's game over.  D's need to win at least one of those states. And Trump is still showing strength in WI, up 7pts according to latest polls. 

 

A lot of us are still trying to decide on the best bet. In Texas, it is likely Bloomberg or Biden. I think that women will be more inclined to vote for Biden, while men will likely vote Bloomberg. Bernie will win the young people and will probably end up with around the same 30-35% support he had in 2016 against Clinton. That's my best guess based on current polling data that's floating around.

 

As a reminder, beware of polling data. Hillary was going to win in a landslide, remember?

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
983
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
1009
Views

1,009 Views
Message 9 of 40

What's going on in this thread is frustration. Everyone's nerves are worn thin because there is no Democratic candidate to rally around. Come Super Tuesday we'll find one and people will unite because the only other option is Trump.

 

 

And let's remember that Medicare for all, forgiving student loans, and free college tuition are campaign promises. There is zero chance of any of that happening in our lifetimes. But some programs in those directions would be fine with me.

 

I'd rejoice to see a Democratic ticket of Warren, Buttigieg, Klobuchar. Any two of those three for president and V.P. I'd jump for joy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
1009
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
1036
Views

1,036 Views
Message 10 of 40

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I disagree with some of Chasky's satements on Bernie. 

 

" Bernie is not a "Socialist", he claims to be a "Democratic Socialist" and the two are nothing alike"

 

Come on Chasky, do you believe any voters will make that fine distinction? In addition, for many voters, whether we like it or not, they associate Socialism with Communism. That isn't good for Bernie or the Dems.

 

I keep saying national polls are essentially meaningless because we already know who will win in at least 38 states. The 12 purple states (so called Battleground States) is where the election will be decided. They are purple states because the majority of their voters are mainstream. Bernie is NOT mainstream.  

 

Many of the voters in those states want a reason to vote for someone other than Trump. I'm afraid Bernie is not that person.


I have to agree with you , but in this cse. erase one purple state Florida and make it red.

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
1036
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors