Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NETWORKS PIMPING WOMEN?

Message 1 of 4

The biggest problem that  I see today, is the cultural  environment that has existed for decades in the work place.

I really believe that with exceptions many,  men are not aware of what is offensive to a woman in the work place.

They think that just by not touching or assaulting you is enough. and they don't understand that there are many ways in which their behaviour is inappropriate.

Many men in power have manipulated the decisions that the women that they are pursuing so that they comply with their wishes.

Many think is funny like Franken to take a picture with that woman sleeping and him touching her breast, or patting their behind. even if in their actions nothing sexual is in their minds.
The culture of sexual harassment in the work place is many decades old. and just because women are coming out of the closet to say anything about this. is really refreshing.
In the seventies, the women in my generation fought for most of the rights that our daughters have today. It is their time to fight for their daughters so that they can work  and be respected. and not to have to think that if they don't comply they may   not     get promoted or fired.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

As far as I can see, while I see the "weathergirl's" legs from time to time, and if memory serves their shirts are about knee-length, but these are the local channels.  I honestly can't recall (or never noticed) seeing women on the networks wearing short skirts (or seeing their legs at all) and speaking as a guy I don't recall anything they wore as being 'sexy'.

Of course I could be wrong but I can't think of any 'revealing' clothing being worn on the networks.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Interesting question, Mimi. I've wondered the same thing. Why are the younger women anchors all dressed in tight dresses, short skirts, and revealing necklines? Maybe they choose to dress that way, who knows, but it certainly has been a trend.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

NETWORKS PIMPING WOMEN?

Message 4 of 4

Should a TV anchorwomen be required to wear short skirts, sleeveless dresses, body-hugging tops, sexually appealing attire? 
It is no revelation that TV news personalities work in a field where looks and appearance matter, but many women in broadcasting say that pressures to dress sexier for the camera have been ratcheting up for at least a decade and have come to a point that they can seem pervasive.
Are Networks pimping women to attract the male audience?  Networks are not doing enough by firing offenders; they need to look at Management and clean up their act.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors