Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NEARLY 2000 LAWYERS WANT JEFF SESSIONS DISBARRED

Message 1 of 17

@alferdpacker wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

Has the Party of Lincoln become the Party of Putin?

193585_600.jpg

Sorry guys...the first thing that pops into my head is, "Ain't he cute?" 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 17

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And the Constitution did not establish 55mph as the speed limit on SR50. It formed a framework for a government and the relationship between the government and the governed. It was written from the perspective of past human mistakes in an effort to allow us to "form a more perfect union". 

It may not be perfect but it is the best thing to come down the pike so far, certainly better than the failed neo-Marxism of the Progressive Movement.

I have never been certain of the definition of neo Marxism.  How does that work?

To me it is a modern day proponent of Marx's 10 planks - brought, of course, into the context of today's world.

A while back I posted a way to get his writings free. I don't know how many took advantage of the opportunity. But there is at least one poster who seems to think that "Marxism" has all the meaning of "GOPerDupe". I'd say that is a poster who did not take the trouble to look into Marx.

I recommend downloading it and reading it. Amazon offers it free for kindle.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 17

@rk9152 wrote:

And the Constitution did not establish 55mph as the speed limit on SR50. It formed a framework for a government and the relationship between the government and the governed. It was written from the perspective of past human mistakes in an effort to allow us to "form a more perfect union". 

It may not be perfect but it is the best thing to come down the pike so far, certainly better than the failed neo-Marxism of the Progressive Movement.

I have never been certain of the definition of neo Marxism.  How does that work?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 17

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 17

Republicans--the party of our Constitution??

Where in our Constitution does it say it's legal to discriminate based on religion?

Where in our Constitution does it say it's legal to commint treason/

perjury?

abuse the power of the presidency?

commit a felony by falsely claiming wiretapping charges?

lie under oath?

obstruct justice?

Please--Party of the Constitution?? Ridiculous

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 17

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

No, they continue to be the Party of our Constitution. On the other hand, the Party of Jefferson and Madison has become the Party of Marx.

Calling Republicans the party of the constitution is interesting as the lawyers clamoring for Jeff Sessions to be disbarred for lying to Congress are exercising their constitutional rights. 

I fully support the lawyers right to free speech (not like the Progressive mobs in the street). They have a total right to "clamor" and I have no intention of macing anyone or trashing a police car to stop them.

However, the issue isn't clamoring, it is disbarment - two totally different processes.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 17

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

No, they continue to be the Party of our Constitution. On the other hand, the Party of Jefferson and Madison has become the Party of Marx.

Calling Republicans the party of the constitution is interesting as the lawyers clamoring for Jeff Sessions to be disbarred for lying to Congress are exercising their constitutional rights. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 17

@creppelrm wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 17

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

For the comments to have value, you'll have to talk about real people, not "tRUMP" and "Jefferson Beauregard".

"tRUMP" was used in dismissive and demeaning reference to the 70 year old porcine "individual" with an excessively large and decidedly fat laden posterior that is currently polluting the White House.

"Jefferson Beauregard is in fact the given and middle name of the man who clearly and plainly perjured himself in the confirmation hearing for Attorney General.

I decline to grant any poster the right to dictate to me what is and is not proper usage and/or appropriate means of making reference to an individual or political party.

However, regarding disbarment, I believe that there are procedures in place to be used more effectively than whining to a local newspaper reporter.

Can it be definitively proved that those nearly 2000 attorneys wrote ONLY to that reporter and no one else, and didn't all sign a petition or other similar document that the reporter reported about?

We all await the posting of links providing proof of that assertion...

Our Presiden't name id Donald Trump not "tRUMP". So, for clarity you might want to consider using it. As to "porcine" etc. - their contribution to the discussion is hard to determine.

It can be definitively proved that there are processes in place to deal with disbarment.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 17

@oceanedge2 wrote:

rk, it's silly to think 2,000 attorneys have petitioned one lone reporter and that's all there is to see here.  Did said reporter get the facts wrong?

It's silly to think that there isn't a process to deal with this other than running to the media.

If he has committed "disbarmentable actions" then proceed via existing processes. Such issues are supposed to be dealt with in the courts, not the media.

The approach being advocated is, sadly, in line with the current Progressive Movement approach of "take it to the streets". Hey, it shuts up people whose words you do not want spoken so it might also work for officials with whom you disagree.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors