Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
375
Views

Re: NBC Fires Matt Lauer Over Sexual Misconduct Allegation

375 Views
Message 11 of 28

@jims730656 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

The US Department of Justice defines sexual assault as:

 

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape.

 

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault

 

Dismissing the sexual assault of grabbing someone's butt is Page 101 of Trump's deflection for his own criminal behavior, and apparently, there is no shortage of people eager to minimize it right along with him.

 

 


Of course they are in the same general category, but that doesn't change my point as much as you imagine it does.  If these people want to call themselves the "news" Media they have to DEFINE it more than the catch-all legal term of 'sexual assault.  The legal system itself knows that, which is why they know to differentiate between the acts and attach different penalties to the offenses you just named.  They nab a rapist, he can get up to 25 years in prison.  Do you seriously believe someone who grabs a womans butt will get the same punishment?  They may fall under the same general term, but they are completely different offenses.  I'm glad you're not a lawyer for defense OR prosecution because you'd be thrown out of court the moment you started.

 

And show me where I dismissed anything.  You brought it us so it should be a simple matter of quoting the post you saw that in.  Or don't you understand what they term 'degrees' means? (and no selective cherry-picking of words allowed).

Without looking for it, I believe I said ALL were wrong, but there are different degrees of offenses.

 

And your sad attempt to imply I think the same as ANYTHING Trump thinks is not only dead wrong, but an unhealthy obsession with Trump says much about some people.


hehe I'm glad you're not a lawyer for defense or prosecution, because your definition of sexual assault is the epitome of ineffective assistance of counsel. Fortunately, the law isn't as discriminatory when it comes to calling a crime, a crime.

 

And of course you don't want any "cherry-picking" of words -- how dare anyone take your words at face value. So you'd want butt-grabbing classifed as what - happy hands? IT IS A SEXUAL ASSAULT. DEAL WITH IT.

 

Sexual assault is sexual assault. Murder is murder. Of course, both crimes carry varying degrees, !st degree sexual assault, 2nd degree sexual assault, 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder. Grabbing someone BY THE P***Y or flat-out raping them are not mutually exclusive crimes. They are both sexual assaults. Not my problem if your disdain for the law interferes with your understanding.

 

 


So let's try it again.  Just show me where I showed disdain for the law.  That's simple enough.  Just show it.

 

"And of course you don't want any "cherry-picking" of words -- how dare anyone take your words at face value.

 

I'm not sure what your understanding of an Internet discussions is, but since none of us personally knows each other, and  can neither see nor hear each other, the only thing LEFT is to take what they say at face value ESPECIALLY when we are stating OPINIONS!  You don't have to agree.

  You see, the thing is when you lie about what someone else said, what they REALLY said is on the same thread for all to see.  You are lying about what I said and refusing to back up the lies.

 

"IT IS A SEXUAL ASSAULT. DEAL WITH IT."

I don't need to 'deal' with it, and I even AGREED with you that all the things you mentioned were categorized as 'sexual assault".  But now you are arguing about something I agree with.  That makes no sense.

 

We are simply discussing things here.  Why do you insist on acting like it's a fight that you need to win?  This is a discussion forum, not a place where you can vent your personal frustrations on other people.  I try to be civil with you and everyone else.  Why not try doing the same thing.

Have a beer.  Take a valium.  Whatever works for you, and then respond to people with things like "I disagree" (and give the reason in a civil manner) rather than being rude and argumentative.


You're right, everyone here can see for themselves what was written. They can all see your dismissive "opinion" that you'd rather not have butt-grabbing on the subway classified as a sexual assault, the same way rape is classified as a sexual assault. But you also fail to opine as to what you'd like it classified as, you just rant that the two crimes shouldn't be considered the same type of crime.

 

And that, really, is what this boils down to - the type of crime. Speeding and parking tickets are different in that one is a moving violation, and one is not. But failing to pay parking tickets can result in the suspension of a drivers license just like speeding can. A person that is convicted of a lesser-degree sexual assault can well have to register as a sex offender, the same as a convicted rapist, tier notwithstanding.

 

I posted the DoJ definition, and suddenly, I'm lying. That's a head-scratcher. And then you chastize the news media for using the legally-defined term.

 

Minimizing and dismissing women no longer willing to keep their mouth shut by saying " I (meaning YOU) for one do not want to see some poor rape victim be paid less attention to because a thousand other women are calling having their butts touched in the subway  the same 'sexual assault' term." -- is not the way the law sees it. Your opinion, fine. The law disagrees, and doesn't concern itself with what you 'do not want to see". And that's not a lie, and that's exactly what I stated.

 

I'll pass on your suggestion of drugs and alcohol. But, please, walk to the nearest mirror, and recite your temperament lecture again.

 

 


"I posted the DoJ definition, and suddenly, I'm lying. That's a head-scratcher. And then you chastize the news media for using the legally-defined term."

 

You are amazing.  Really you are.  And you know full well that THAT was not the thing I called you out on, especially since I posted that I AGREED with the definition you posted.  You blatantly and frequently lie for some unknown reason, but I don't say you lied about that, and you know it.

So answer this; How can I agree with you and then say you are lying about the very same thing??

 

in fact, because you lie about what I say, assume you know what I'm thinking and twist words to try and start an argument, even with things we AGREED on, tells me you are just another troll who tries to rile people up for kicks.

Sorry, but it's not working, mainly because you mean absolutely nothing to me.  You are just a bunch of dots on my computer screen.

  I'm here to discuss things with sensible, mature, reasonable and civil people.  Even those who disagree with me. That doesn't include you so I'm through responding to you.


Sorry I pinned you to the mat again by directly quoting your previous posts on this topic(and you did insist I use your exact words), but there's no reason to resort to the personal attacks like Trump does.

 

But what's really sorry is someone who whines that the unwanted grabbing of a woman's body is considered a sexual assault. It's a sex crime, plain and simple, and it doesn't lessen or cheapen a rape victim's case one iota, PERIOD.

 

And I'm fine if you no longer post to me. That will give me cause to start a local chapter of Overjoyed Anonymous.

 

It's all the media's fault! Trump says so!

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
375
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
374
Views

Re: NBC Fires Matt Lauer Over Sexual Misconduct Allegation

374 Views
Message 12 of 28

OK!  So back to Matt Lauer: I am so happy he's been busted. I'm hopeful that those who protected him will likewise feel legal heat. He did not install that button.

 

I have experienced the uninvited through clothing touching of my rear end. I have experienced the same sort of uninvited touching of my breast(s). I was once kissed by a man in my office building ... you guessed it, uninvited. Clearly not the same level of sexual assault as was the rape I endured, but sexual assault all the same. And none of the perps thought they'd done other than pay me a compliment. No sale, guys. No sale.

 

I continue to be thrilled that we are having this national conversation about sexually predatory behaviors. I am proud of the victims and reporting that is pushing the conversation.

 

This is, for me, a very happy day. Smiley Happy

 

 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
374
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
389
Views

Re: NBC Fires Matt Lauer Over Sexual Misconduct Allegation

389 Views
Message 13 of 28

@BigLib wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

The US Department of Justice defines sexual assault as:

 

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape.

 

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault

 

Dismissing the sexual assault of grabbing someone's butt is Page 101 of Trump's deflection for his own criminal behavior, and apparently, there is no shortage of people eager to minimize it right along with him.

 

 


Of course they are in the same general category, but that doesn't change my point as much as you imagine it does.  If these people want to call themselves the "news" Media they have to DEFINE it more than the catch-all legal term of 'sexual assault.  The legal system itself knows that, which is why they know to differentiate between the acts and attach different penalties to the offenses you just named.  They nab a rapist, he can get up to 25 years in prison.  Do you seriously believe someone who grabs a womans butt will get the same punishment?  They may fall under the same general term, but they are completely different offenses.  I'm glad you're not a lawyer for defense OR prosecution because you'd be thrown out of court the moment you started.

 

And show me where I dismissed anything.  You brought it us so it should be a simple matter of quoting the post you saw that in.  Or don't you understand what they term 'degrees' means? (and no selective cherry-picking of words allowed).

Without looking for it, I believe I said ALL were wrong, but there are different degrees of offenses.

 

And your sad attempt to imply I think the same as ANYTHING Trump thinks is not only dead wrong, but an unhealthy obsession with Trump says much about some people.


hehe I'm glad you're not a lawyer for defense or prosecution, because your definition of sexual assault is the epitome of ineffective assistance of counsel. Fortunately, the law isn't as discriminatory when it comes to calling a crime, a crime.

 

And of course you don't want any "cherry-picking" of words -- how dare anyone take your words at face value. So you'd want butt-grabbing classifed as what - happy hands? IT IS A SEXUAL ASSAULT. DEAL WITH IT.

 

Sexual assault is sexual assault. Murder is murder. Of course, both crimes carry varying degrees, !st degree sexual assault, 2nd degree sexual assault, 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder. Grabbing someone BY THE P***Y or flat-out raping them are not mutually exclusive crimes. They are both sexual assaults. Not my problem if your disdain for the law interferes with your understanding.

 

 


So let's try it again.  Just show me where I showed disdain for the law.  That's simple enough.  Just show it.

 

"And of course you don't want any "cherry-picking" of words -- how dare anyone take your words at face value.

 

I'm not sure what your understanding of an Internet discussions is, but since none of us personally knows each other, and  can neither see nor hear each other, the only thing LEFT is to take what they say at face value ESPECIALLY when we are stating OPINIONS!  You don't have to agree.

  You see, the thing is when you lie about what someone else said, what they REALLY said is on the same thread for all to see.  You are lying about what I said and refusing to back up the lies.

 

"IT IS A SEXUAL ASSAULT. DEAL WITH IT."

I don't need to 'deal' with it, and I even AGREED with you that all the things you mentioned were categorized as 'sexual assault".  But now you are arguing about something I agree with.  That makes no sense.

 

We are simply discussing things here.  Why do you insist on acting like it's a fight that you need to win?  This is a discussion forum, not a place where you can vent your personal frustrations on other people.  I try to be civil with you and everyone else.  Why not try doing the same thing.

Have a beer.  Take a valium.  Whatever works for you, and then respond to people with things like "I disagree" (and give the reason in a civil manner) rather than being rude and argumentative.


You're right, everyone here can see for themselves what was written. They can all see your dismissive "opinion" that you'd rather not have butt-grabbing on the subway classified as a sexual assault, the same way rape is classified as a sexual assault. But you also fail to opine as to what you'd like it classified as, you just rant that the two crimes shouldn't be considered the same type of crime.

 

And that, really, is what this boils down to - the type of crime. Speeding and parking tickets are different in that one is a moving violation, and one is not. But failing to pay parking tickets can result in the suspension of a drivers license just like speeding can. A person that is convicted of a lesser-degree sexual assault can well have to register as a sex offender, the same as a convicted rapist, tier notwithstanding.

 

I posted the DoJ definition, and suddenly, I'm lying. That's a head-scratcher. And then you chastize the news media for using the legally-defined term.

 

Minimizing and dismissing women no longer willing to keep their mouth shut by saying " I (meaning YOU) for one do not want to see some poor rape victim be paid less attention to because a thousand other women are calling having their butts touched in the subway  the same 'sexual assault' term." -- is not the way the law sees it. Your opinion, fine. The law disagrees, and doesn't concern itself with what you 'do not want to see". And that's not a lie, and that's exactly what I stated.

 

I'll pass on your suggestion of drugs and alcohol. But, please, walk to the nearest mirror, and recite your temperament lecture again.

 

 


"I posted the DoJ definition, and suddenly, I'm lying. That's a head-scratcher. And then you chastize the news media for using the legally-defined term."

 

You are amazing.  Really you are.  And you know full well that THAT was not the thing I called you out on, especially since I posted that I AGREED with the definition you posted.  You blatantly and frequently lie for some unknown reason, but I don't say you lied about that, and you know it.

So answer this; How can I agree with you and then say you are lying about the very same thing??

 

in fact, because you lie about what I say, assume you know what I'm thinking and twist words to try and start an argument, even with things we AGREED on, tells me you are just another troll who tries to rile people up for kicks.

Sorry, but it's not working, mainly because you mean absolutely nothing to me.  You are just a bunch of dots on my computer screen.

  I'm here to discuss things with sensible, mature, reasonable and civil people.  Even those who disagree with me. That doesn't include you so I'm through responding to you.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
389
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
407
Views

Re: NBC Fires Matt Lauer Over Sexual Misconduct Allegation

407 Views
Message 14 of 28

@jims730656 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

The US Department of Justice defines sexual assault as:

 

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape.

 

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault

 

Dismissing the sexual assault of grabbing someone's butt is Page 101 of Trump's deflection for his own criminal behavior, and apparently, there is no shortage of people eager to minimize it right along with him.

 

 


Of course they are in the same general category, but that doesn't change my point as much as you imagine it does.  If these people want to call themselves the "news" Media they have to DEFINE it more than the catch-all legal term of 'sexual assault.  The legal system itself knows that, which is why they know to differentiate between the acts and attach different penalties to the offenses you just named.  They nab a rapist, he can get up to 25 years in prison.  Do you seriously believe someone who grabs a womans butt will get the same punishment?  They may fall under the same general term, but they are completely different offenses.  I'm glad you're not a lawyer for defense OR prosecution because you'd be thrown out of court the moment you started.

 

And show me where I dismissed anything.  You brought it us so it should be a simple matter of quoting the post you saw that in.  Or don't you understand what they term 'degrees' means? (and no selective cherry-picking of words allowed).

Without looking for it, I believe I said ALL were wrong, but there are different degrees of offenses.

 

And your sad attempt to imply I think the same as ANYTHING Trump thinks is not only dead wrong, but an unhealthy obsession with Trump says much about some people.


hehe I'm glad you're not a lawyer for defense or prosecution, because your definition of sexual assault is the epitome of ineffective assistance of counsel. Fortunately, the law isn't as discriminatory when it comes to calling a crime, a crime.

 

And of course you don't want any "cherry-picking" of words -- how dare anyone take your words at face value. So you'd want butt-grabbing classifed as what - happy hands? IT IS A SEXUAL ASSAULT. DEAL WITH IT.

 

Sexual assault is sexual assault. Murder is murder. Of course, both crimes carry varying degrees, !st degree sexual assault, 2nd degree sexual assault, 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder. Grabbing someone BY THE P***Y or flat-out raping them are not mutually exclusive crimes. They are both sexual assaults. Not my problem if your disdain for the law interferes with your understanding.

 

 


So let's try it again.  Just show me where I showed disdain for the law.  That's simple enough.  Just show it.

 

"And of course you don't want any "cherry-picking" of words -- how dare anyone take your words at face value.

 

I'm not sure what your understanding of an Internet discussions is, but since none of us personally knows each other, and  can neither see nor hear each other, the only thing LEFT is to take what they say at face value ESPECIALLY when we are stating OPINIONS!  You don't have to agree.

  You see, the thing is when you lie about what someone else said, what they REALLY said is on the same thread for all to see.  You are lying about what I said and refusing to back up the lies.

 

"IT IS A SEXUAL ASSAULT. DEAL WITH IT."

I don't need to 'deal' with it, and I even AGREED with you that all the things you mentioned were categorized as 'sexual assault".  But now you are arguing about something I agree with.  That makes no sense.

 

We are simply discussing things here.  Why do you insist on acting like it's a fight that you need to win?  This is a discussion forum, not a place where you can vent your personal frustrations on other people.  I try to be civil with you and everyone else.  Why not try doing the same thing.

Have a beer.  Take a valium.  Whatever works for you, and then respond to people with things like "I disagree" (and give the reason in a civil manner) rather than being rude and argumentative.


You're right, everyone here can see for themselves what was written. They can all see your dismissive "opinion" that you'd rather not have butt-grabbing on the subway classified as a sexual assault, the same way rape is classified as a sexual assault. But you also fail to opine as to what you'd like it classified as, you just rant that the two crimes shouldn't be considered the same type of crime.

 

And that, really, is what this boils down to - the type of crime. Speeding and parking tickets are different in that one is a moving violation, and one is not. But failing to pay parking tickets can result in the suspension of a drivers license just like speeding can. A person that is convicted of a lesser-degree sexual assault can well have to register as a sex offender, the same as a convicted rapist, tier notwithstanding.

 

I posted the DoJ definition, and suddenly, I'm lying. That's a head-scratcher. And then you chastize the news media for using the legally-defined term.

 

Minimizing and dismissing women no longer willing to keep their mouth shut by saying " I (meaning YOU) for one do not want to see some poor rape victim be paid less attention to because a thousand other women are calling having their butts touched in the subway  the same 'sexual assault' term." -- is not the way the law sees it. Your opinion, fine. The law disagrees, and doesn't concern itself with what you 'do not want to see". And that's not a lie, and that's exactly what I stated.

 

I'll pass on your suggestion of drugs and alcohol. But, please, walk to the nearest mirror, and recite your temperament lecture again.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
407
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
419
Views

Re: NBC Fires Matt Lauer Over Sexual Misconduct Allegation

419 Views
Message 15 of 28

@BigLib wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

The US Department of Justice defines sexual assault as:

 

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape.

 

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault

 

Dismissing the sexual assault of grabbing someone's butt is Page 101 of Trump's deflection for his own criminal behavior, and apparently, there is no shortage of people eager to minimize it right along with him.

 

 


Of course they are in the same general category, but that doesn't change my point as much as you imagine it does.  If these people want to call themselves the "news" Media they have to DEFINE it more than the catch-all legal term of 'sexual assault.  The legal system itself knows that, which is why they know to differentiate between the acts and attach different penalties to the offenses you just named.  They nab a rapist, he can get up to 25 years in prison.  Do you seriously believe someone who grabs a womans butt will get the same punishment?  They may fall under the same general term, but they are completely different offenses.  I'm glad you're not a lawyer for defense OR prosecution because you'd be thrown out of court the moment you started.

 

And show me where I dismissed anything.  You brought it us so it should be a simple matter of quoting the post you saw that in.  Or don't you understand what they term 'degrees' means? (and no selective cherry-picking of words allowed).

Without looking for it, I believe I said ALL were wrong, but there are different degrees of offenses.

 

And your sad attempt to imply I think the same as ANYTHING Trump thinks is not only dead wrong, but an unhealthy obsession with Trump says much about some people.


hehe I'm glad you're not a lawyer for defense or prosecution, because your definition of sexual assault is the epitome of ineffective assistance of counsel. Fortunately, the law isn't as discriminatory when it comes to calling a crime, a crime.

 

And of course you don't want any "cherry-picking" of words -- how dare anyone take your words at face value. So you'd want butt-grabbing classifed as what - happy hands? IT IS A SEXUAL ASSAULT. DEAL WITH IT.

 

Sexual assault is sexual assault. Murder is murder. Of course, both crimes carry varying degrees, !st degree sexual assault, 2nd degree sexual assault, 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder. Grabbing someone BY THE P***Y or flat-out raping them are not mutually exclusive crimes. They are both sexual assaults. Not my problem if your disdain for the law interferes with your understanding.

 

 


 

So let's try it again.  Just show me where I showed disdain for the law.  That's simple enough.  Just show it.

 

"And of course you don't want any "cherry-picking" of words -- how dare anyone take your words at face value.

 

I'm not sure what your understanding of an Internet discussions is, but since none of us personally knows each other, and  can neither see nor hear each other, the only thing LEFT is to take what they say at face value ESPECIALLY when we are stating OPINIONS!  You don't have to agree.

  You see, the thing is when you lie about what someone else said, what they REALLY said is on the same thread for all to see.  You are lying about what I said and refusing to back up the lies.

 

"IT IS A SEXUAL ASSAULT. DEAL WITH IT."

I don't need to 'deal' with it, and I even AGREED with you that all the things you mentioned were categorized as 'sexual assault".  But now you are arguing about something I agree with.  That makes no sense.

 

We are simply discussing things here.  Why do you insist on acting like it's a fight that you need to win?  This is a discussion forum, not a place where you can vent your personal frustrations on other people.  I try to be civil with you and everyone else.  Why not try doing the same thing.

Have a beer.  Take a valium.  Whatever works for you, and then respond to people with things like "I disagree" (and give the reason in a civil manner) rather than being rude and argumentative.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
419
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
422
Views

Re: NBC Fires Matt Lauer Over Sexual Misconduct Allegation

422 Views
Message 16 of 28

@jims730656 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

The US Department of Justice defines sexual assault as:

 

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape.

 

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault

 

Dismissing the sexual assault of grabbing someone's butt is Page 101 of Trump's deflection for his own criminal behavior, and apparently, there is no shortage of people eager to minimize it right along with him.

 

 


Of course they are in the same general category, but that doesn't change my point as much as you imagine it does.  If these people want to call themselves the "news" Media they have to DEFINE it more than the catch-all legal term of 'sexual assault.  The legal system itself knows that, which is why they know to differentiate between the acts and attach different penalties to the offenses you just named.  They nab a rapist, he can get up to 25 years in prison.  Do you seriously believe someone who grabs a womans butt will get the same punishment?  They may fall under the same general term, but they are completely different offenses.  I'm glad you're not a lawyer for defense OR prosecution because you'd be thrown out of court the moment you started.

 

And show me where I dismissed anything.  You brought it us so it should be a simple matter of quoting the post you saw that in.  Or don't you understand what they term 'degrees' means? (and no selective cherry-picking of words allowed).

Without looking for it, I believe I said ALL were wrong, but there are different degrees of offenses.

 

And your sad attempt to imply I think the same as ANYTHING Trump thinks is not only dead wrong, but an unhealthy obsession with Trump says much about some people.


hehe I'm glad you're not a lawyer for defense or prosecution, because your definition of sexual assault is the epitome of ineffective assistance of counsel. Fortunately, the law isn't as discriminatory when it comes to calling a crime, a crime.

 

And of course you don't want any "cherry-picking" of words -- how dare anyone take your words at face value. So you'd want butt-grabbing classifed as what - happy hands? IT IS A SEXUAL ASSAULT. DEAL WITH IT.

 

Sexual assault is sexual assault. Murder is murder. Of course, both crimes carry varying degrees, !st degree sexual assault, 2nd degree sexual assault, 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder. Grabbing someone BY THE P***Y or flat-out raping them are not mutually exclusive crimes. They are both sexual assaults. Not my problem if your disdain for the law interferes with your understanding.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
422
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
430
Views

Re: NBC Fires Matt Lauer Over Sexual Misconduct Allegation

430 Views
Message 17 of 28

@BigLib wrote:

The US Department of Justice defines sexual assault as:

 

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape.

 

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault

 

Dismissing the sexual assault of grabbing someone's butt is Page 101 of Trump's deflection for his own criminal behavior, and apparently, there is no shortage of people eager to minimize it right along with him.

 

 


Of course they are in the same general category, but that doesn't change my point as much as you imagine it does.  If these people want to call themselves the "news" Media they have to DEFINE it more than the catch-all legal term of 'sexual assault.  The legal system itself knows that, which is why they know to differentiate between the acts and attach different penalties to the offenses you just named.  They nab a rapist, he can get up to 25 years in prison.  Do you seriously believe someone who grabs a womans butt will get the same punishment?  They may fall under the same general term, but they are completely different offenses.  I'm glad you're not a lawyer for defense OR prosecution because you'd be thrown out of court the moment you started.

 

And show me where I dismissed anything.  You brought it us so it should be a simple matter of quoting the post you saw that in.  Or don't you understand what they term 'degrees' means? (and no selective cherry-picking of words allowed).

Without looking for it, I believe I said ALL were wrong, but there are different degrees of offenses.

 

And your sad attempt to imply I think the same as ANYTHING Trump thinks is not only dead wrong, but an unhealthy obsession with Trump says much about some people.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
430
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
436
Views

Re: NBC Fires Matt Lauer Over Sexual Misconduct Allegation

436 Views
Message 18 of 28

TO ALL—-Stay tuned—Garrison Keillor just fired—sexual harassment. 

 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
436
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
393
Views

Re: NBC Fires Matt Lauer Over Sexual Misconduct Allegation

393 Views
Message 19 of 28

@jims730656 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

First I've heard of this. Did Lauer admit the charge was true?

If he didn't then this is a disturbing trend of firing people on the strength of a mere accusation

 

If there is PROOF or Lauer admits it's true, that's one thing, but if he (or anyone else) id disgraced over an  accusation it's too much and just looks like "the bandwagon effect" where we'll be seeing people in trouble for nothing at all, other than the word of some woman who may or may not be telling the truth.


My wife, ever seeking information on whats in the news, found katie couric talking in an interview how lauer continually pinched he butt. why she never slapped the crap out of him, and why no one listened to her we will never know. yet she knew and blew the whistle for herself in 2012. I always thought lauer had a gollum like look about him...and he assisted in destroying hard news in the morning. 

 

she also found a new term on the web..

 

PERVNADO!!!

 


"Pervnado"!  That's funny, and appropriate too.

 

As for Lauer.  I have to mention that I couldn't care less about Matt Lauer, Al Franken, Harvey Weinstein, Charlie Rose or anybody else in this situation.  Basically, if I don't know you personally I don't much care what you do.  I can have an opinion about what you do, but that's about it.

 

My first reaction when I hear about Lauer this morning was "well, maybe he's a pig, or maybe not" and since I first posted, it turns out he likely is, but I still don't care about him.

 

But what I DO care about, and this reflects on our society and not just the accused, is the way these things are reported.  "Inappropriate behavior" (and even sexual assault) are essentially meaningless terms unless they are followed by a definition.  Especially "inappropriate behavior" which these days could mean almost anything from actual sexual references aimes at someone to something like an off-color joke someone overheard (that wasn't even directed at the 'accuser').  And these days "sexual assault" has become almost a universal term that can go from a little grabass in a college dorm party (where GIRLS would sometimes be the grabbers) all the way to forcible rape.  Both are wrong, obviously, but when you have a one-size-fits-all term then some actions are exaggerated and other more serious ones are unnecessarily minimized. If it's on "the news" it should be more thoroughly examples because there are DEGREES to the offence that must be taken into consideration.

And I for one do not want to see some poor rape victim be paid less attention to because a thousand other women are calling having their butts touched in the subway  the same 'sexual assault' term.


The US Department of Justice defines sexual assault as:

 

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape.

 

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault

 

Dismissing the sexual assault of grabbing someone's butt is Page 101 of Trump's deflection for his own criminal behavior, and apparently, there is no shortage of people eager to minimize it right along with him.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
393
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
394
Views

Re: NBC Fires Matt Lauer Over Sexual Misconduct Allegation

394 Views
Message 20 of 28

@MIseker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

First I've heard of this. Did Lauer admit the charge was true?

If he didn't then this is a disturbing trend of firing people on the strength of a mere accusation

 

If there is PROOF or Lauer admits it's true, that's one thing, but if he (or anyone else) id disgraced over an  accusation it's too much and just looks like "the bandwagon effect" where we'll be seeing people in trouble for nothing at all, other than the word of some woman who may or may not be telling the truth.


My wife, ever seeking information on whats in the news, found katie couric talking in an interview how lauer continually pinched he butt. why she never slapped the crap out of him, and why no one listened to her we will never know. yet she knew and blew the whistle for herself in 2012. I always thought lauer had a gollum like look about him...and he assisted in destroying hard news in the morning. 

 

she also found a new term on the web..

 

PERVNADO!!!

 


"Pervnado"!  That's funny, and appropriate too.

 

As for Lauer.  I have to mention that I couldn't care less about Matt Lauer, Al Franken, Harvey Weinstein, Charlie Rose or anybody else in this situation.  Basically, if I don't know you personally I don't much care what you do.  I can have an opinion about what you do, but that's about it.

 

My first reaction when I hear about Lauer this morning was "well, maybe he's a pig, or maybe not" and since I first posted, it turns out he likely is, but I still don't care about him.

 

But what I DO care about, and this reflects on our society and not just the accused, is the way these things are reported.  "Inappropriate behavior" (and even sexual assault) are essentially meaningless terms unless they are followed by a definition.  Especially "inappropriate behavior" which these days could mean almost anything from actual sexual references aimes at someone to something like an off-color joke someone overheard (that wasn't even directed at the 'accuser').  And these days "sexual assault" has become almost a universal term that can go from a little grabass in a college dorm party (where GIRLS would sometimes be the grabbers) all the way to forcible rape.  Both are wrong, obviously, but when you have a one-size-fits-all term then some actions are exaggerated and other more serious ones are unnecessarily minimized. If it's on "the news" it should be more thoroughly examples because there are DEGREES to the offence that must be taken into consideration.

And I for one do not want to see some poor rape victim be paid less attention to because a thousand other women are calling having their butts touched in the subway  the same 'sexual assault' term.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
394
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report


city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors