Bronze Conversationalist

NANCY TEARS UP ANOTHER ONE!

Wouldn't you know when Nancy gets involved things go down hill. In case you haven't heard the rescue package in the Senate failed on a 47-47 vote. The dems do not want a package period. They delay delay delay and in  the mean time dilblasio and cuomo are whining that they need a fed bailout. Along with newsom and some other democrat sanctuary holes. They made these holes and now want the rest of us to bail them out. This Senate package would have went a long way to do that and also save the economy from total collaspe. But this is what chuck and nancy want. Collapse of the economy for political purposes! In the mean time more people are dead and deaths are increasing. Get a pack done.....time is wasting democrats

Honored Social Butterfly

Looks like, once again, she owns the Donald. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Nan wants to throw in the kitchen sink. And new collective bargaining powers for unions, higher fuel emissions standards for airlines, and expanded wind and solar tax credits. WHAT? I thought this was a virus package not the nan and chuck wish list. The problem is dems don't care if you die from the virus. As long as they have abortions, collective bargaining , and emmissions, which they ignore anyway. This is strictly political and nan and chuck do this all the time! Do What?: NOTHING!

Honored Social Butterfly

@quidduo wrote:

Nan wants to throw in the kitchen sink. And new collective bargaining powers for unions, higher fuel emissions standards for airlines, and expanded wind and solar tax credits. WHAT? I thought this was a virus package not the nan and chuck wish list. The problem is dems don't care if you die from the virus. As long as they have abortions, collective bargaining , and emmissions, which they ignore anyway. This is strictly political and nan and chuck do this all the time! Do What?: NOTHING!

Go NANCY!!  They got their kitchen sink when they rammed through the permanent tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations. Now we need to make sure American families get the benefits. TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF TRUMP'S INCOMPETENT HANDLING OF THIS. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Sacrificing the health of Americans for ideological political goals..... shame on congress and those who approve of this.

The dems are acting bottom feeders.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Contributor

No public dollars for companies not incorporated in the United States and publicly listed. That is not a high bar.

Honored Social Butterfly

@j43846k wrote:

No public dollars for companies not incorporated in the United States and publicly listed. That is not a high bar.

What about all the small businesses that are not incorporated?  Many small businesses are sole proprietorships or partnerships.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I don't think it's two separate statements on the posters part. That's my take anyway.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I agree... however if they want a loan we can do that through the banks.... -plenty of liquidity.

There are other options for forgein companies operating in the US. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@j43846k wrote:

I would add no stock buy backs and a $15 minimum wage but Pelosi knows what she is doing. Let's see if Trump/McConnel do.

Honored Social Butterfly

I love it. The regressives think that because Trump has just about destroyed the American economy like Bush Jr did, they can dictate how much money will go to corporations and how little to the middle class. 

No. We have a warrior princess in Congress to stop that sort of raping and pillaging. 

Bronze Conversationalist

LOL.................warrior princess, astounding

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

More GOPerLIES.

The Republican Plan has 3 parts, two everybody agrees on:

1. A $1,200 direct payment to INDIVIDUALS

2. Loans and grants to SMALL business

Part 3 is $500 BILLION for major Corporations and REPUBLICANS demand this have NO RESTRICTIONS on what the Corporate Oligarchs who will manage the money do with it, while Democrats want there to be restrictions that prevent the Oligarchs from using it for stock buybacks and increasing Executive compensation, which is exactly what they did with every dime of the jrbush $900Billion BAIL OUT back in 2008.

To summerize the disagreement over the $500 billion:

Democrats want there to be:

NO STOCK BUY BACKS

NO EXECUTIVE PAY INCREASES

NO WORKER LAYOFFS/DOWNSIZING

because that will insure the benefit goes to ALL AMERICANS

Republicans want ALL THOSE THINGS because it will increase stock prices and the income and wealth of the executives and stock holders.

Informed voters will decide the issue in November if GOPers cannot forgo ANOTHER huge handout to the Top 1% and instead try and help ALL AMERICANS.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

More GOPerLIES.

The Republican Plan has 3 parts, two everybody agrees on:

1. A $1,200 direct payment to INDIVIDUALS

2. Loans and grants to SMALL business

Part 3 is $500 BILLION for major Corporations and REPUBLICANS demand this have NO RESTRICTIONS on what the Corporate Oligarchs who will manage the money do with it, while Democrats want there to be restrictions that prevent the Oligarchs from using it for stock buybacks and increasing Executive compensation, which is exactly what they did with every dime of the jrbush $900Billion BAIL OUT back in 2008.

To summerize the disagreement over the $500 billion:

Democrats want there to be:

NO STOCK BUY BACKS

NO EXECUTIVE PAY INCREASES

NO WORKER LAYOFFS/DOWNSIZING

because that will insure the benefit goes to ALL AMERICANS

Republicans want ALL THOSE THINGS because it will increase stock prices and the income and wealth of the executives and stock holders.

Informed voters will decide the issue in November if GOPers cannot forgo ANOTHER huge handout to the Top 1% and instead try and help ALL AMERICANS.

It's not a repub plan it "was" a bi partisn plan.... and lets see your point of reference. I watch the remarks on TV by both dems and repubs.... they said it was a bi partisian plan. 

Nancy has no plan and she said so. 

Honored Social Butterfly

You are reading from the Trump Cult playbook. In Trump World, he is never wrong, he can't be criticized, and anyone who does that, becomes the enemy. 

Since Trump is perfect, Trump World has to find a way to place the blame on their scapegoat of the day. Yesterday it was China, now it's Pelosi and/or Schumer. Remember, in a cult, the Supreme Leader is immune from criticism, so finding someone else to blame is mandatory.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

President Trump is not the congress.

@CriticalThinking wrote:

You are reading from the Trump Cult playbook. In Trump World, he is never wrong, he can't be criticized, and anyone who does that, becomes the enemy. 

Since Trump is perfect, Trump World has to find a way to place the blame on their scapegoat of the day. Yesterday it was China, now it's Pelosi and/or Schumer. Remember, in a cult, the Supreme Leader is immune from criticism, so finding someone else to blame is mandatory.

This has nothing to do with President Trump... your diverting attention away from the congress,  who by the way is responsible for legislation. The Executive branch makes suggestions to the senate majority leader and the house minority leader.... but you know that. I guarantee president Trump will sign what's put in front of him for the "good of the nation".

Just more of the same... 

Honored Social Butterfly

Someone in this country has to have the stones to speak for the ones that don't  have anyone to do so for them.
All of those workers that make minimum  wage, that live pay to pay and have no savings. are the ones that need help.
The Millionaires and Billionaires need them more that anyone else , because they don't do the work that they do. so they better help.
Those big companies that are taking advantage of this situation should be allowed to fail. There should not be buybacks, or dividends. or bonuses for anyone. only the direct help to those workers|
I am retired, and already have lost thousands of dollars, But I understand who needs the help. I have had to cut down in who I hire because I don't know what will be my needs in the future.  So, blaming Pelosi, is not time. see what can be done and to whom that money is going to. After all it is your money also.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

No name -  Nancy Pelosi is the original "never let a crisis go to waste" advocate so it is she that you should address.  Make sure she gets notified that you don't need the PORK that is included in her request.

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

No name -  Nancy Pelosi is the original "never let a crisis go to waste" advocate so it is she that you should address.  Make sure she gets notified that you don't need the PORK that is included in her request.

The important thing that you are not getting that PORK  at this time may be necessary. but, I don't know what you are calling pork, getting money to the poor, getting unemployment to the ones that lost their jobs. helping the homeless, providing health  care for free. if that is what you call pork, please give me some pork chops, I love them
haha.jpg

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The important thing that you are not getting that PORK  at this time may be necessary. but, I don't know what you are calling pork, getting money to the poor, getting unemployment to the ones that lost their jobs. helping the homeless, providing health  care for free. if that is what you call pork, please give me some pork chops, I love them
haha.jpg

Nancy has more need for Pork than the needy.  She really doesn't care about them either.

Social Butterfly

There is a stable genius in Washington, D.C. Her name is Nancy Pelosi.

Honored Social Butterfly

@LouLit01 wrote:

There is a stable genius in Washington, D.C. Her name is Nancy Pelosi.

No plan Nancy? is that whom you speak of? 

Honored Social Butterfly

Nancy is acting like the nations mother in law.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png