Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NANCY PELOSI

Message 21 of 24

@rker321 wrote:

Wow Chasky,  what you have posted as the desire of the Progressives, is what I think that all Parties should be working on. Just not only the Democrats.

Those are important issues for the Country, not for any individual Party.

They are not leftists issues, they are what this country needs. and both parties should be working toweard to.

One thing is for certain .............. voting Republicans into office will bring none of those things about.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 24

Wow Chasky,  what you have posted as the desire of the Progressives, is what I think that all Parties should be working on. Just not only the Democrats.

Those are important issues for the Country, not for any individual Party.

They are not leftists issues, they are what this country needs. and both parties should be working toweard to.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 24

Thank you for the topic, it is pertinent and current to politics today.  I also think that Pelosi has done a decent job as a leader.  However, I think it is time for her to let go and allow the Party to change and evolve to something more representative of the democratic (and Independent) electorate.  The electorate is moving to the left, towards the progressive side. Pelosi is entrenched and will not get on board with the change that has already started. We need a Speaker of the House that will embrace the progressives in the Party and help bring about the things that progressives in the electorate desire. Most of the nation is in favor of:

Universal Single Payer Health Care

Raising taxes back up on the wealthiest in our nation and giving breaks to the middle class and below

Deep and meaningful campaign finance reform including overturning Citizens United

Protect Social Security and other safety nets.

Reasonable and compassionate immigration reform

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

NANCY PELOSI

Message 24 of 24

This one is for you Chasky.

Nancy Pelosi,  my own personal opinion.   I truly believe that she has been an outstanding speaker. no question about it.  I will not take the time in commenting ab out her accomplishments.  but.

Nancy Pelosi has in my view made a grave mistake.  I don't believe that she has ever groomed her replacement.  and that is something that she should have considered a long time ago.

If she had, we wouldn't be seeing the division that is now present in the Democratic Party NO matter how great she may be, it is time to see new leadership.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors