Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: N. Korea summit? Ain't gonna happen

Message 1 of 6

@Richvawrote:

@jimc91wrote:

OMG @rk9152, but what if it works?  Then democrats would have to figure out a way to tell us its a very bad thing!  If it fails then what?  Then it would be the same as its been for the last 50 years.  I thought the democrats embraced a "progressive" stance in their world view.

I know it is confusing to listen to what democrats say these days...

RESIST!  Regardless of how stupid it make you sound to the rest of the normal people.

Every president since the 50's has had the ability to set up talks with whichever Kim was in office. They all understood that the meeting of two leaders is the last thing that happens in international diplomacy.  The diplomats meet and hammer out the details of agreements then the leaders meet for the photos and actually sign the agreements.  Trump is the only president stupid enough to go for the photos before he had an agreement in hand.  

Oh boy, Trump gets to meet Kim Jung Un and get his photo taken.  Well, that may be the only person who wants his photo taken with Trump but he does not have any agreements to sign and he does not have any staff to negotiate them. 

Never fear - it's all handled - Daddy Vadly and Xi will help Kim and liddle donnie with all those tricky negotiations and picky little details of the agreement - after all - there's no doubt that they're easily as honest as Roy Cohn...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

@jimc91wrote:

OMG @rk9152, but what if it works?  Then democrats would have to figure out a way to tell us its a very bad thing!  If it fails then what?  Then it would be the same as its been for the last 50 years.  I thought the democrats embraced a "progressive" stance in their world view.

RESIST!  Regardless of how stupid it make you sound to the rest of the normal people.

Every president since the 50's has had the ability to set up talks with whichever Kim was in office. They all understood that the meeting of two leaders is the last thing that happens in international diplomacy.  The diplomats meet and hammer out the details of agreements then the leaders meet for the photos and actually sign the agreements.  Trump is the only president stupid enough to go for the photos before he had an agreement in hand.  

Oh boy, Trump gets to meet Kim Jung Un and get his photo taken.  Well, that may be the only person who wants his photo taken with Trump but he does not have any agreements to sign and he does not have any staff to negotiate them. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

@jimc91wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Richvawrote:

Once again, the Trump administration is pushing alternate facts. I perked up when I was reading reports that N. Korea had not announced the meeting. Then I found that there was never a written offer from N. Korea.  They said "something" to S. Korea and S. Korea said "something" to the Trump administration which immediately announced as if Trump was on his way.  At some point in the conversation, the adults in the White House pointed out there was no offer and no terms.  Presto! Sara Huckaby Sanders begins talking about  how the N. Koreans had to keep certain promises.  What promises?  This is like a chain of Jr. High girls passing the word to the cute guy that Betty Sue "likes him". 

God, I hate having a president who has no idea what he is doing. 

Of course there is nothing written in stone. But, "let's talk about talking" seems like a reasonable start to serious negotiations.

HEY!  One thing at a time!!!  I'm still waiting for Mexico to pay for the wall.  And after that for Trump to tear up the Iran agreement.  Then he can denuclearize the Korean Peninsula. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@rk9152wrote:

@Richvawrote:

Once again, the Trump administration is pushing alternate facts. I perked up when I was reading reports that N. Korea had not announced the meeting. Then I found that there was never a written offer from N. Korea.  They said "something" to S. Korea and S. Korea said "something" to the Trump administration which immediately announced as if Trump was on his way.  At some point in the conversation, the adults in the White House pointed out there was no offer and no terms.  Presto! Sara Huckaby Sanders begins talking about  how the N. Koreans had to keep certain promises.  What promises?  This is like a chain of Jr. High girls passing the word to the cute guy that Betty Sue "likes him". 

Of course there is nothing written in stone. But, "let's talk about talking" seems like a reasonable start to serious negotiations.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

@Richvawrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

N. Korea summit? Ain't gonna happen

Message 6 of 6

Kudos
Views
Replies