Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: My county just got its first three cases of Coronavirus

Message 11 of 21

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So you are in Maryland.

I am in Kentucky, the southern part, just above Tennessee. The virus has shown up now within an hour or so of where I am. I would bet it is here in my town now but not yet diagnosed. I have a compromised immune system from have ongoing cancer treatments since 2011. I just visited my oncologist at Vanderbilt University Hospital on Tuesday and was told to be very cautious.

Be safe.

You too. Here, we are being told this spreads through close contact like family members in house, or in hospitals. Stuff like regular office work contact isn't as bad, but it's a good idea to increase disinfection protocols for doorknobs and other surfaces. Clean the cell phone too. 

Stay safe.

I have been dealing with a compromised immune system for more than several years now and precautions have become habit. I even wear thin surgical type gloves to the grocery store and any department stores I go into, always remembering not to touch my face. With this virus surfacing now I will stay away from crowded places even more than I have been. I use sanitary wipes a lot, and have learned to not touch surfaces. As a result, I have taken ill for for close to a year now.  Thanks for your advice and concern and you stay saafe too.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 21

@MsStretch wrote:

I heard Gov. Hogan do his press conference last night.  A couple in their 70s and a man in his 50s (I believe) who had traveled overseas, but all quarantined and in good condition.  Montgomery County, right?  Hogan said this is what MD has prepared for and indeed, I had been hearing how MD has been taking action since this threat surfaced.

Hogan just updated the info.  They had been on an Egyptian cruise on the Nile and didn't get tested for 2 weeks when they got back.   At the time, only people from China were getting tested.   And unfortunately they visited an assisted living facility before they were tested.....so now as many as 100 people could have been exposed.  

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 21

I heard Gov. Hogan do his press conference last night.  A couple in their 70s and a man in his 50s (I believe) who had traveled overseas, but all quarantined and in good condition.  Montgomery County, right?  Hogan said this is what MD has prepared for and indeed, I had been hearing how MD has been taking action since this threat surfaced.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 21

We have now two cases being treated in a Pensacola hospital. and would you believe that the idiots in this place are still blaming the medai for the hype.
I just told one not to worry, after all this vius is no more that a common cold.  The amount of not only  ignorance but partisanship that Trump has created will obviously make this virus a lot more dangerous that it should have been.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 21

I was never vaxed and I still had never gotten the flu up through age 40.

I only started getting the vax when my dad had lung  cancer and my youngest had asthma. 

Still have never gotten the flu.

But I did take care of an old boyfriend with it once. And he was knocked down for a week. I'd never seen anything like it. And we were really young and fit. 

I wouldn't wish this on anyone over 50 for sure. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 21
Get your Pneumonia vaccine(s). It's the respiratory infections from colds and flu that lead to pneumonia. The flu itself is not the problem... in most cases.

Eventually (over time) the whole world will get coronavirus just like and other flu bug. I don't know anyone who has never gotten the flu over time. It's a easily transmitted disease and apparently can live on surfaces for some time... just like other viruses.

Libs search for the light of day in the dead of night
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 21

@Roxanna35 wrote:

We just got one still unconfirmed case in the country adjacent to Pensacola. Santa Rosa county.  so, things are beginning to really get very seriours.
So, where are the Trump followers that were saying that the virus was just like a common cold?? well, we will see how many of them get "a common cold" 
I asked a long time ago in a post as how long this virurs stayed in the surfaces of anything. Yesterday, One of the scientist on TV did answered that question between  hours and 9 days, 
I an wandering if anyone of them has a theory as to how much the regular flue shot could create some immunity to this virus although I realize that is a completely different strain. Have they made any kind of study about this. the people that have the virurs, are all or some also also have had their flu shot?

Our health officer says the flu shot offers no protection to this virus. But what it does do is reduce the chance of getting flu. And that keeps your lungs healthier. Back-to-back bouts of flu then Coronavirus would be much worse than just catching Coronavirus. If that makes sense.

Two of the three here with confirmed cases are a married couple in their 70s and doing just fine. The other is in ther 50s and also doing well. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 21

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So you are in Maryland.

I am in Kentucky, the southern part, just above Tennessee. The virus has shown up now within an hour or so of where I am. I would bet it is here in my town now but not yet diagnosed. I have a compromised immune system from have ongoing cancer treatments since 2011. I just visited my oncologist at Vanderbilt University Hospital on Tuesday and was told to be very cautious.

Be safe.

You too. Here, we are being told this spreads through close contact like family members in house, or in hospitals. Stuff like regular office work contact isn't as bad, but it's a good idea to increase disinfection protocols for doorknobs and other surfaces. Clean the cell phone too. 

Stay safe.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 21

We just got one still unconfirmed case in the country adjacent to Pensacola. Santa Rosa county.  so, things are beginning to really get very seriours.
So, where are the Trump followers that were saying that the virus was just like a common cold?? well, we will see how many of them get "a common cold" 
I asked a long time ago in a post as how long this virurs stayed in the surfaces of anything. Yesterday, One of the scientist on TV did answered that question between  hours and 9 days, 
I an wandering if anyone of them has a theory as to how much the regular flue shot could create some immunity to this virus although I realize that is a completely different strain. Have they made any kind of study about this. the people that have the virurs, are all or some also also have had their flu shot?

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 21

So you are in Maryland.

Be safe.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors