My brother didn't die fighting Hitler for Nazis to go unchallenged today

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: My brother didn't die fighting Hitler for Nazis to go unchallenged today

Message 11 of 36

If a "be a proud American" message is considered Nazi - the blind hatred crowd is a real threat to our way of life.

That is a cop out, this has been going on since well before the election. You and the others knew about all this before you voted for Trump and you all voted for him anyway.

So take a fifty pound block of salt, carve it into a bust of Trump, coat it with camphor oil, and go Seig Heil yourself with it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 36

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

As a proud IWW member

So do you consider being a IWW member more important than being an American?  And do you think that being an American means supporting the Constitution or supporting suppression of free speech and assembly? 

So far not many are actually posting based on factual information, but on the mood of the crowd. 

please point out factual errors i may have made. my opinion my contain rhetoric, all of us do that in out opinion..we all have one Smiley Happy Do i place being an IWW member above being an American? no I dont. Its one of the many facets of life here in America, and its a right that was fought for too. Im not a vet, never fought in a war.. the age thing. So it goes. DO i support free speech? sure. I also support people that protest WHAT IS BEING SAID. Face it, the alt right didnt stick to sve the statue slogans, and that wasnot the real intent of the event. I have noticed a difference between the vets that fought commie and the vets that fought nazis. Just an opinion, subject to being wrong.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 36

@MIseker wrote:

As a proud IWW member

So do you consider being a IWW member more important than being an American?  And do you think that being an American means supporting the Constitution or supporting suppression of free speech and assembly? 

So far not many are actually posting based on factual information, but on the mood of the crowd. 

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 36

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
The ACLU stands up for everyones free speech, even the Nazis, and thats fine its their job. How we react as a society, is up to us.

You do not like the Nazis, I do not like the Nazis. Your solution is to go kill them with big wrenches. Is that the American way that the fella in the topic died for??

No one said "kill them with big wrenches", why do you say such things? Do you take the pictures that the right posts literally too?

America has a problem and until we admit it we will never fix it. It is underlying racism in many people, across party lines. But Trump and the Republicans trying to sweep it under the rug fixes nothing. White Supremacy promoted by NAZI-like groups such as the KKK needs to be called out and admonished, Trump simply won't do that, and it seems neither will many of his supporters.

Yes, I take people at their word. If someone sees the solution to a problem as rolling up your sleeves and grabbing a big wrench, I accept that as their meaning.

Since you have appointed yourself as MIseker's spokesperson, possibly you can interpret.

To the best of my knowledge, no one is trying to sweep the Nazis and Kluxers under the rug. There are some, however, who seem to want to ignore the fact that they were not the only ones who came to town looking for a fight.

As a proud IWW member I can tell you a lot of KKK rallys are opposed ( and sometimes violently ) by members of the Union. More so in the past, before fascist elements in the govt almost wiped the IWW out, but it lives. The man shot in Seattle was an IWW member and the GDC there is at every hate rally.. and the reason so many hate rallys are held there is because the haters know there will be violence and press. If you review some videos of recent events you will see that IWW flag at all of them.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 36

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
The ACLU stands up for everyones free speech, even the Nazis, and thats fine its their job. How we react as a society, is up to us.

You do not like the Nazis, I do not like the Nazis. Your solution is to go kill them with big wrenches. Is that the American way that the fella in the topic died for??

How silly. He died with that wrench in his hand.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 36

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:
what he says and does.
Goggle " trump invokes Nazi imagery examples ", it's easier for me then putting up a lot of links.

The first one I saw was an op/ed claim that the President of the United States honoring the Boy Scouts evoked Nazi imagery. That sort of thing has become common in the "Resistance".

If a "be a proud American" message is considered Nazi - the blind hatred crowd is a real threat to our way of life.

Diversion, diversion, diversion. And what does your post has to do with the topic?  

It was a response to gruffstuff's post. In your self-appointed monitor role, do you not allow gruffstuff to get a response????

Why are you shouting???

And, no small thing - what has your post to do with the topic?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 36

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

No one said "kill them with big wrenches", why do you say such things? Do you take the pictures that the right posts literally too?

America has a problem and until we admit it we will never fix it. It is underlying racism in many people, across party lines. But Trump and the Republicans trying to sweep it under the rug fixes nothing. White Supremacy promoted by NAZI-like groups such as the KKK needs to be called out and admonished, Trump simply won't do that, and it seems neither will many of his supporters.

Yes, I take people at their word. If someone sees the solution to a problem as rolling up your sleeves and grabbing a big wrench, I accept that as their meaning.

Since you have appointed yourself as MIseker's spokesperson, possibly you can interpret.

To the best of my knowledge, no one is trying to sweep the Nazis and Kluxers under the rug. There are some, however, who seem to want to ignore the fact that they were not the only ones who came to town looking for a fight.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 36

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:
what he says and does.
Goggle " trump invokes Nazi imagery examples ", it's easier for me then putting up a lot of links.

The first one I saw was an op/ed claim that the President of the United States honoring the Boy Scouts evoked Nazi imagery. That sort of thing has become common in the "Resistance".

Diversion, diversion, diversion. And what does your post has to do with the topic?  

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 36

@gruffstuff wrote:
what he says and does.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 36

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.