Watch AARP's Movies for Grownups Awards at 9 p.m. ET on PBS' Great Performances. See A Preview

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: My brother didn't die fighting Hitler for Nazis to go unchallenged today

Message 31 of 36

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

You really can't argue with the Senator's view except from one perspective - what shall we do with the Nazis?? His brother died for the freedoms we enjoy. Shall we restrict the rights he fought for?

That is not trolling. That is a sincere approach to a very difficult question to answer.

A significant step in the correct direction is to openly and publicly refer to the "alt-right" and "white supremacists" by identifying them as what they really are - irrational treasonous nazi/KKK domestic terrorists...

Yes, and perhaps we should begin to include the "neo-Repubs" along with the "alt-right" and the "KKK" (or "kkk") ....................

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 36

Shall we restrict the rights of Nazi's ??? Freedom to be a Nazi in America - rk9152 ? I hope I'm reading you wrong !!!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 36

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

You really can't argue with the Senator's view except from one perspective - what shall we do with the Nazis?? His brother died for the freedoms we enjoy. Shall we restrict the rights he fought for?

That is not trolling. That is a sincere approach to a very difficult question to answer.

A significant step in the correct direction is to openly and publicly refer to the "alt-right" and "white supremacists" by identifying them as what they really are - irrational treasonous nazi/KKK domestic terrorists... 

Is he really asking what we should do with hate-filled domestic terrorists?  What should we do with Islamic terrorists that are US citizens?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 36

rk9152 wrote:

Have pity for Melania - she hasn't yet got rid of that ugly fat.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 35 of 36

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

My brother didn't die fighting Hitler for Nazis to go unchallenged today

Message 36 of 36

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/346348-hatch-my-brother-didnt-die-fighting-hitler-for-nazis-to-go...

Hatch: My brother didn't die fighting Hitler for Nazis to go unchallenged today

EXCLUSIVE: The Cast of 'Big Little Lies' Reveal Little Lies They Told to Book a Job

Autoplay: On | Off

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) condemned violent clashes in Charlottesville, Va. on Saturday, saying that World War II veterans, including his brother, didn't fight so Nazi ideas could persist in the United States today.

"We should call evil by its name. My brother didn't give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home. -OGH," Hatch tweeted, signing the tweet to signal he, not staff, shared it on social media.

It took him a while, way to long in my opinion,  but he finally got it right, or at least he said the right things. We can't make a deal with the devil, we MUST call evil by it's name.