Regular Social Butterfly

My Truth, Your Truth, or THE Truth?

In doing some research on different subjects this morning, i ran across the following:

https://blavatskytheosophy.com/my-truth-your-truth-or-the-truth/🤔

It’s very common in today’s New Age Movement and other spiritual circles to hear people saying things such as –

“I know we disagree but you have your Truth and I have my Truth.”

“We can all say different things because we each have our own Truth.”

“I love the way you speak your Truth.”

“You may not believe that the Archangel Michael visited me last night and activated my chakras but that’s my Truth.”

“If reincarnation is your Truth then maybe you’ll reincarnate; but it isn’t my Truth.”

And so on.

The idea seems to be promulgated and widely accepted that there is no actual Truth, that Truth is something purely subjective and personal, little more than a matter of an individual insisting that what they would like to be true IS true, simply because they wish it so, and that therefore just about everything – no matter how wild, bizarre, disturbing, unphilosophical, or even dangerous and harmful – should be considered as being equally true and tolerated and even celebrated as such.

Can people not see the great danger and ignorance in this? Not only does it give carte blanche authorisation for, and authority to, the most ludicrous and self-destructive psychic delusions and mediumistic hallucinations, but it also shows a shocking – some might say disgraceful – contempt for the concept of Truth itself.

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

In doing some research on different subjects this morning, i ran across the following:

https://blavatskytheosophy.com/my-truth-your-truth-or-the-truth/🤔

It’s very common in today’s New Age Movement and other spiritual circles to hear people saying things such as –

“I know we disagree but you have your Truth and I have my Truth.”

“We can all say different things because we each have our own Truth.”

“I love the way you speak your Truth.”

“You may not believe that the Archangel Michael visited me last night and activated my chakras but that’s my Truth.”

“If reincarnation is your Truth then maybe you’ll reincarnate; but it isn’t my Truth.”

And so on.

The idea seems to be promulgated and widely accepted that there is no actual Truth, that Truth is something purely subjective and personal, little more than a matter of an individual insisting that what they would like to be true IS true, simply because they wish it so, and that therefore just about everything – no matter how wild, bizarre, disturbing, unphilosophical, or even dangerous and harmful – should be considered as being equally true and tolerated and even celebrated as such.

Can people not see the great danger and ignorance in this? Not only does it give carte blanche authorisation for, and authority to, the most ludicrous and self-destructive psychic delusions and mediumistic hallucinations, but it also shows a shocking – some might say disgraceful – contempt for the concept of Truth itself.

You should re read your support and understand it is really a very weird religion. It seem to be associated with some for of Buddhism. Was that used at the Trump gathering yesterday?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Helena Blavatsky

Theosophy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helena_Blavatsky

As presented by Blavatsky, Theosophy teaches that there is an ancient and secretive brotherhood of spiritual adepts known as the Masters, who—although found across the world—are centered in Tibet. These Masters are believed to have cultivated great wisdom

and supernatural powers, and Theosophists believe that it was they who initiated the modern Theosophical movement through disseminating their teachings via Blavatsky. They believe that these Masters are attempting to revive knowledge of an ancient religion once found across the world and which will again come to eclipse the existing world religions. Theosophical groups nevertheless do not refer to their system as a "religion". Theosophy preaches the existence of a single, divine Absolute. It promotes an emanationist cosmology in which the universe is perceived as outward reflections from this Absolute. Theosophy teaches that the purpose of human life is spiritual emancipation and claims that the human soul undergoes reincarnation upon bodily death according to a process of karma. It promotes values of universal brotherhood and social improvement, although it does not stipulate particular ethical codes.

According to her later claims, in 1849 she embarked on a series of world travels, visiting Europe, the Americas, and India. She also claimed that during this period she encountered a group of spiritual adepts, the "Masters of the Ancient Wisdom", who sent her to ShigatseTibet, where they trained her to develop a deeper understanding of the synthesis of religion, philosophy and science. Both contemporary critics and later biographers have argued that some or all of these foreign visits were fictitious, and that she spent this period in Europe. By the early 1870s, Blavatsky was involved in the Spiritualist movement; although defending the genuine existence of Spiritualist phenomena, she argued against the mainstream Spiritualist idea that the entities contacted were the spirits of the dead. Relocating to the United States in 1873, she befriended Henry Steel Olcott and rose to public attention as a spirit medium, attention that included public accusations of fraudulence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theosophy

She's a con artist; "a spirit medium" with "supernatural abilities."
This religion is a con job. Does anyone research before posting? 

Helena Blavatsky was a charlatan and theosophy is pure hokum.

The logo for the Theosophical Society brought together various ancient symbols

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theosophy#/media/File:Emb_logo.png

Regular Social Butterfly

LouLit01 wrote:

Does anyone research before posting?🙄

MY answer to your question is:  Sometimes i just post something because "I" find it interesting. 😁  Is that against the Haters World law??  Otherwise i do indeed research what i post.  I wish ya'll did as much.  You are the ones picking everything that's posted apart and commenting like the poster is responsible!  I find it all hilarious!

Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

"Can people not see the great danger and ignorance in this? Not only does it give carte blanche authorisation for, and authority to, the most ludicrous and self-destructive psychic delusions and mediumistic hallucinations, but it also shows a shocking – some might say disgraceful – contempt for the concept of Truth itself."

Liars are going to lie and legal systems are designed to correct their lies.  Contempt for the law cause some people to their whole lives disregard, stomp on and fight like heck against the truth.  Shocking, I know.

Regular Social Butterfly

@Richva  I think you are asking the wrong person? 🤔  I didn't write this.

I thought maybe i should add, because of comments already made, i found the article interesting and thought i would share it thinking others might also.  That's all. 

Honored Social Butterfly

sunluver1943--

@Richva I think you are asking the wrong person? 🤔 I didn't write this.

I thought maybe i should add, because of comments already made, i found the article interesting and thought i would share it thinking others might also. That's all.

I am certainly aware you did not write the article you quoted. I was responding that the concept only made sense if we are discussing the unprovable.  God and angels being the example. In fact, the only example, I could imagine. The Conway quote was simply an interesting example of what happens when you attempt to apply the concept to things we can observe and measure. 

Regular Social Butterfly

Richva wrote:

I am certainly aware you did not write the article you quoted.

@Richva Just an FYI:   I didn't "quote" the "article" either. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

sunluver1943    

Richva wrote:

I am certainly aware you did not write the article you quoted.

@Richva Just an FYI:   I didn't "quote" the "article" either. 

Well, Good for YOU......

speaker-nancy-pelosi-and-vice-president-mike-pence-applaud-news-photo-1094200504-1549463488 (1).jpg

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Please remember to post according to the community guidelines, and refrain from insults and inflammatory comments.

Thank you for your cooperation in making the AARP Community a safe and welcoming place for all.
http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

It's important to know the difference between "truth" and "facts".

To me facts are discover-able and truth is a product of those discoveries. So questions lead to facts, facts lead to discoveries, and truth is the product. As an engineer math is the science of logic.

1 + 1 = 2 The number one is a fact adding one more produces a question (what does it equal) and two is the discovered truth.

Hard to with subjective values. Wisdom and imagination then plays a part in the truth.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

Fishslayer777--It's important to know the difference between "truth" and "facts".

To me facts are discover-able and truth is a product of those discoveries. So questions lead to facts, facts lead to discoveries, and truth is the product. As an engineer math is the science of logic.

1 + 1 = 2 The number one is a fact adding one more produces a question (what does it equal) and two is the discovered truth.

Hard to with subjective values. Wisdom and imagination then plays a part in the truth.

I think we are on the same page.  If we are discussing things which are not subject to measurement or verification such as the existence of God or the manner in which God wishes to be worshipped, then the essay is valid. If you are applying this philosophy to things we can measure or verify, it is invalid. 

Honored Social Butterfly

I just presented a measurable equation... simple with facts, yet truthful. Once truth is accepted it become knowledge.

The difference between knowledge and imagination is "knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world".

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

GOPers want people to think the ephemeral nature of subjective is equivalent to the permanence of the objective.

They want to deny actual events and replace them with an alternative reality that supports their beliefs. For example, the objective reality that in 5 years of constant investigation, they failed to produce a single indictment against Hillary must be replaced with their alternative reality in which all-powerful sinister forces conspire to conceal her crimes, so they chant "lock her up!" to satisfy that Fox-crafted belief there's a crime there someplace and SHE committed it. Likewise, instead of dealing with sworn testimony of over a dozen witnesses that their Toad committed extortion, bribery, misappropriation of federal funds, and sexual assault, they chant HOAX HOAX HOAX! to support their subjective notion that tRumptoad did nothing wrong - EVER.

Most recently, the GOPerBots focus on Toad's CLAIM that he was handed NOTHING to battle Covid19 with (their subjective belief that Obama was bad) and totally ignore the objective Truth that Toad disbanded Obama's Emergency Pandemic Response Teams in CDC and NSA, cancelled the contract to maintain the material in the Strategic Medical Emergency Stockpile causing the vital material to deteriorate into uselessness, and ignored warnings from our intelligence services back in November of 2019 that a very serious epidemic was raging in China and doing NOTHING for 63 DAYS, then banning travel BY CHINESE, but allowing 40,000 travelers FROM CHINA to enter the US AFTER the World knew of Covid19 and the threat it posed. Then tRump told us it was a Democratic hoax designed to harm him politically, suggested he wanted the infected Americans aboard cruise ships to stay there so their illness would not be counted and make him look bad, and of course his encouraging Americans to use a potentially deadly drug because he wanted to look like he'd found a solution to the pandemic. The GOPerBots ignore the huge cost in lives and dollars his refusal to take action to present a unified plan for combating the Covid19 and instead maximizing profits for the Corporate Oligarchs by forcing the 50 States to bid against each other AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT for life saving equipment and supplies just so he could blame Governors for HIS failure.

No other Nation suffered the total lack of National leadership we have with a ToadPOTUS and a sycophantic Senate majority. No other Nation has suffered as many deaths and no other Nation is STILL after six weeks watching the infection rate AND death toll INCREASE DAILY.

Here's how being led by a psychopathic moron compares with having actual leaders:

Germany - high point of infections  6,294 on 28 Mar, today 638, decrease of 89.9%

France       high point of infections  7,578 on 31 Mar, today 240, decrease of 96.8%

Belgium     high point of infections  2,454 on 15 Apr, today 299, decrease of 87.8%

Spain         high point of infections   9,159 on 26 Mar, today 482, decrease of 94.7%

USA           high point of infections 36,137 on 24 Apr, today 22,784, decrease of 36.9%

ToadPOTUS is leading his followers to IGNORE all advice from actual medical experts, use deadly and absurd self treatments BUT MOST OF ALL, GET OUT THERE AND BOOST THE DJA!! Tens of thousands have already DIED NEEDLESSLY because of Toad, tens of thousand more will continue to die because of Toad.

Honored Social Butterfly

The only time I ever heard anyone say "You have your truth and I have my truth" was in context of a discussion about religious beliefs.   I think Kellyanne Conway's comment about how people have "Alternate Facts" was the closest I have seen in any discussion of facts.  Where else have you seen this?

Honored Social Butterfly

Richva:   I think Kellyanne Conway's comment about how people have "Alternate Facts" was the closest I have seen in any discussion of facts. 

That is what I thought of.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png