Explore your flexible work options with AARP's Flexible Work Online Expo from 2-5 p.m. ET Tuesday! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Mueller team disputes BuzzFeed report claiming Trump told Cohen to lie

Message 11 of 32

fish says "Buzzfeed is the new and news equivalent, of writings on the bathroom wall. For a good time call... 1-800-buz-feed"

------------------

Or in the same category as the " we report - you decide Fox "news"

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 32

I find it most amusing that the Conservatives, who have been disparaging the Mueller investigation all these months as he racked up indictments and convictions, are NOW convinced he is the source of all truth. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 32

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

This is Typically How These Things Work Folks

1. MSM gets a Bombshell Report

2. They attempt to corroborate & typically will not publish unless they receive corroboration from more then one Credible Source

3. MOST IMPORTANTLY THEY CONTACT THE PRINCIPLES INVOLVED IN THE REPORT

AS THEY DID IN THIS CASE - BUZZFEED CONTACTED MUELLERS OFFICE AND SAID

THIS IS THE REPORT WE ARE GOING TO BE RUNNING

IS IT ACCURATE - MUELLER - NO COMMENT

THEN MUELLER WAITS OVER 24 HOURS AND LETS THE STORY FESTER IN THE PUBLIC AND THEN MAKES A - COMMENT

WHY?

THEY COULD HAVE DISPUTED THE STORY WHEN BUZZFEED INITIALLY CONTACTED THEM - THEY COULD HAVE TOLD THEM IT WAS NOT ACCURATE

WHY DIDN'T THEY?

ONE REASON - MAYBE TECHNICALLY THE DETAILS IN THE STORY ARE TRUE - BUT THEY DID NOT COME FROM MUELLERS INVESTIGATION SO MUELLER CAN DENY

MAYBE THE INFORMATION CAME FROM THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK INVESTIGATIOIN AFTERALL  - THEY ARE THE ACTUAL JUSTICE DEPT. OFFICE PROSECUTING COHEN

#2  Did you attempt to corroborate your made up story unless you receive corroboration from more then one Credible Source?

I don't think so.... this is "typically" Fake news

Well, First thanks for the Compliment - apparently you are assuming I am a MSM Journalist

Regardless - Second, what are you criticising exactly - that MSM Outlets do not Typically make sure they have corroboration from more than one source?

OR

that I personally do not seek multiple sources to supprt my Personal Opinons?

Thats Pretty Much Journalism 101 & the Model most Credible News Outlets developed especially after Watergate

In fact here is just one example of what I'm referring to from the American Press Institute founded in 1946 BTW

Its essence is a discipline of verification

Journalists rely on a professional discipline for verifying information.

While there is no standardized code as such, every journalist uses certain methods to assess and test information to “get it right.”

Being impartial or neutral is not a core principal of journalism. Because the journalist must make decisions, he or she is not and cannot be objective. But journalistic methods are objective.

When the concept of objectivity originally evolved, it did not imply that journalists were free of bias.

It called, rather, for a consistent method of testing information – a transparent approach to evidence – precisely so that personal and cultural biases would not undermine the accuracy of the work. The method is objective, not the journalist.

Seeking out multiple witnesses, disclosing as much as possible about sources, or asking various sides for comment, all signal such standards. This discipline of verification is what separates journalism from other forms of communication such as propaganda, advertising, fiction, or entertainment.

Source - https://www.americanpressinstitute.org/about/about-us/?utm_content=nav

Nonetheless

I read the Original Buzz Feed Article where it said - "Buzzfeed says its report is based on testimony from two unnamed law enforcement officials investigating the matter."

Cohen pleaded guilty in November to lying about the deal in testimony and in a two-page statement to the Senate and House intelligence committees.

Mueller noted that Cohen’s false claim that the project ended in January 2016 was an attempt to “minimize links between the Moscow Project and Individual 1” — widely understood to be Trump — “in hopes of limiting the ongoing Russia investigations.”

Now the two sources have told BuzzFeed News that Cohen also told the special counsel that after the election, the president personally instructed him to lie — by claiming that negotiations ended months earlier than they actually did — in order to obscure Trump’s involvement.

"The two law enforcement sources disputed this characterization and said that he and Cohen had multiple, detailed conversations on this subject during the campaign"....................

Source - https://www.buzzfeednews.com/#.lfWarV1b2

Did you Bother to Read the Buzzfeed article B4 you became enough of a Expert on it to criticise the Opinions of others?

If not are you not simply illustrating & re-enforcing your own Hypocrisy?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 32

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Bottom Line: This rare public statement from the Mueller team illustrates how important the truth is to their investigation.

I find it extremely interesting that Mueller’s office issued a statement. And it bears watching.

I’m stunned (not really) that the right has latched onto this and suddenly give him tons of credibility. 

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 32

@mickstuder wrote:

2. They attempt to corroborate & typically will not publish unless they receive corroboration from more then one Credible Source

THEN MUELLER WAITS OVER 24 HOURS AND LETS THE STORY FESTER IN THE PUBLIC AND THEN MAKES A - COMMENT

WHY?

THEY COULD HAVE DISPUTED THE STORY WHEN BUZZFEED INITIALLY CONTACTED THEM - THEY COULD HAVE TOLD THEM IT WAS NOT ACCURATE

WHY DIDN'T THEY?

ONE REASON - MAYBE TECHNICALLY THE DETAILS IN THE STORY ARE TRUE - BUT THEY DID NOT COME FROM MUELLERS INVESTIGATION SO MUELLER CAN DENY

MAYBE THE INFORMATION CAME FROM THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK INVESTIGATIOIN AFTERALL  - THEY ARE THE ACTUAL JUSTICE DEPT. OFFICE PROSECUTING COHEN

#2  Did you attempt to corroborate your made up story unless you receive corroboration from more then one Credible Source?

I don't think so.... this is "typically" Fake news

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 32

Okay, I'm gonna try this a little different....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9dC7Y4aBsQ

at approx. 16 min into the video....Preet Bharara's viewpoint.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 32

HERE IS THE REAL DAMAGE FROM THIS MESS

NOW WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO LISTEN TO THIS EVERYTIME A ACCUSATION IS MADE IN THE FUTURE - CREDIBLE OR NOT

Trump Buzz feed.png

Trump Buzz feed 1.png

Trump Buzz feed 2.png

Trump Buzz feed 3.png

Source - Trump Twitter Feed

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 32

I found last nights report/opinions on Anderson Cooper to be a mystery in the works.  Cohen's charges brought by the NY district was a very interesting point.....this is where the news came from that he was told by Individual #1 to lie. Someone else who may have seen it can help me if I am understanding this correctly.  That was a very interesting point!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyAtzNiSzzc

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 32

WHY?

WHY DIDN'T THEY?

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 32

@nctarheel wrote:

Is there a reason that @jimc91 failed to attribute his VERBATIM news report to FOXNEWS, the literal origin of his post.

The fact that no other news organization ran with the "TRUTHFULNESS" of this story, no politician stated that it was TRUTHFUL, and finally, as others have said, Mueller's Office itself has disputed it just shows how reliable the REAL INFORMATION will be when it is released.

The fact that INDIVIDUAL-1 is attempting every diversion possible (government shutdown, Pelosi War Zone visit cancellation, trip to a war zone, McDonald's burger photo op, and other diversions indicates that INDIVIDUAL-1 knows the walls are closing in and the end is near.

The Buzzfeed story, while not accurate, DID NOT cause a TWITTER BARRAGE by INDIVIDUAL-1, I do wonder why that was.

It's also important that Individual #1 - Never Disputed The Buzz Feed Story - saying only this in 24 hours B4 the Mueller Statement Broke

tump buzz feed no denial.png

Source - Trump Twitter Feed

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views