Live Your Best Life With Rewards for Good. Start Earning Reward Points Now. Get Started Now!

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: Mueller seeks May trial date for Manafort and Gates

Message 1 of 5

Although the crooked Congress and Senate probably won’t do it, a moral representative would put in place directives that would prevent the idiot in chief from pardoning anyone found guilty in the Russian investigation. 

The only upside I can think of to this is that if trump  chooses to pardon these two criminals,  it may trigger a cry for impeachment or removal,; however, with the corrupt Republicans in place, I don’t see that happening either. 

November is coming.  If we can’t rid ourselves of the largest most vile and most disgusting swamp creature —trump – – let’s rid ourselves of all the bottom feeders that are in the swamp. You’ll know them – – they have an R after their name. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 5

Following links through another report, trial date of May 7th (but now May 14th), I found Mueller's 12 COUNT CRIMINAL INDICTMENT against Manafort and Gates – filed in the District Court of Columbia and assigned to Judge Amy Jackson.

https://www.scribd.com/embeds/363005274/content?start_page=1&view_mode=scroll&access_key=key-l8olWWa...

The first Count being “conspiracy against the United States”, an overall charge that refers specifically to the failure to inform the government of foreign income and foreign bank accounts, and failing to register lobbying work for foreign interests.

My theory is Mueller will have many more indictments waiting in the wings for their own trial dates before this first – historical compilation of a follow-the-money case makes its appearance at trial.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 5

alferdpacker wrote:

My bet is that guilty-as-hell trump pardons them to keep them from cutting a deal with prosecution...

That is one reason Mueller is working with state Attorney Generals (New York for Manafort and Pennsylvania for Flynn). If Trump pardons them on the federal charges they will still face state charges.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 5

My bet is that guilty-as-hell trump pardons them to keep them from cutting a deal with prosecution...

Have pity for Melania - she hasn't yet got rid of that ugly fat.
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

Mueller seeks May trial date for Manafort and Gates

Message 5 of 5

The feds have given the defense team 590K electronic documents relating to the case. I am thinking somebody is going to rat out Trump or Trump will pardon them. Either way, it is a win. 

The indictment charges Manafort and Gates with receiving tens of millions of dollars over about a decade for work related to Ukraine and failing to report various bank accounts used to hold those funds. They're also accused of submitting false information to the Justice Department about their activities for Ukraine.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/12/mueller-russia-investigation-may-trial-manafort-gates-3387...

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors