Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Mueller’s ‘witch hunt’

Message 21 of 92

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Ed, as Trump Cult member, I don't expect him to understand economics. But why is making it so obvious? 

The issue isn't the petty question of who's paying higher tariffs. I'm sure that's important in Trump World, but not in the real world. The issue how devastating a trade war can be to the global economy.

Not only is imposing tariffs idiotic, why do it now when our economy is booming?

CeeTee....obviously Ed doesn't understand the impact of $50 Billion in tariffs the Chinese are placing on the US, which will result in higher prices and is expecting costing the US thousands of jobs.....that doesn't include the Canada and Mexico tariffs and any European tariffs as well.  Pork and soybean farmers in the Midwest are already had significant cuts in orders.

'It's a nightmare scenario': Trump tariffs would devastate auto industry, experts warn

TRUMP’S UNPOPULAR TARIFFS COULD COST U.S. 400,000 JOBS, ECONOMISTS ESTIMATE

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Mueller’s ‘witch hunt’

Message 22 of 92

Ed, as Trump Cult member, I don't expect him to understand economics. But why is making it so obvious? 

The issue isn't the petty question of who's paying higher tariffs. I'm sure that's important in Trump World, but not in the real world. The issue is how devastating a trade war can be to the global economy.

Not only is imposing tariffs idiotic, why do it now when our economy is booming?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 92

Critical wrote-That's true, but the Trade War is just starting. China and the U.S. imposed multi-billion dollar tariffs on each other on Thursday and Friday, but European countries are still analyzing their options. I believe Canada's new U.S. tariffs don't kick in until July 1st.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So when their Tarrifs kick in who will be paying higher prices ?? It will be the Chinese and Canadians who if they want our products (whiskey,cigaretes,I phones ,dairy ,food,etc.) will have to pay. Some of the things we make and grow , they can`t.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Mueller’s ‘witch hunt’

Message 24 of 92

EasyEd said, "-last I checked our economy was still doing great."

That's true, but the Trade War is just starting. China and the U.S. imposed multi-billion dollar tariffs on each other on Thursday and Friday, but European countries are still analyzing their options. I believe Canada's new U.S. tariffs don't kick in until July 1st.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 92

Critical wrote-I should say the economy WAS doing great until Trump started a global trade war.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------last I checked our economy was still doing great.What do we care if other countries are experiencing a bad economy? Where were they when we had 8 years of a poor economy when they were stealing our jobs with their anti-USA high tarrifs?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Mueller’s ‘witch hunt’

Message 26 of 92

EasyEd said, "And if I remember correctly you were crediting the wrong White House (Obama`s) for the good economy."

That's very true about President Obama, but Trump's been President for 17 months and the economy is doing great. He should receive credit for that. 

I should say the economy WAS doing great until Trump started a global trade war.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 92

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

RK said, "So I wonder- what is Mueller needed for?"

Of course you do RK. Everybody's explained it to him in detail, but he doesn't want to hear it.

Nor anything other than the fake news spewed forth by Fox and Limblah.  It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Fox and Limbaugh have nothing to do with the fact that all the indictments that are being ranted about have been for past activities that are the responsibility of various law enforcement agencies. That's exactly what Fox and Limblah spew daily.  But what you and Fox and Limblah want other mental-midgets to think is that it's not part of Muellers mandate.....but though, it is. But, it is true. It's "gaslighting".  It doesn't matter who investigates it.  Did it matter to you that the Special Council investigated White Water?  How about sexual harrassment?  A consensual sex act? So, what does it matter who says it? What matters is the mandate says from Rosenstein....Once again, since there are and have been agencies responsible for those supposed offenses, why do we need Mueller. (sic)  The Justice Department determined one was necessary.

So, again, what is Mueller needed for?  Ahhh.....more of the "rk" gaslighting.... Is truth now called "gaslighting? Maybe you need to look up ANOTHER word.....

As to, "he doesn't want to hear it" - trust me he does. So, lay it on me (or him).  Enjoy your journey into your rabbithole.... Again, no logical response so trot out the "rabbithole".  It's what occurs when you rely on twisted facts and rhetoric from Fox and Limblah....you usually end up in your own "rabbit hole".....it could be worse.

"In appointing Mueller, however, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein gave him broad authority not only to investigate "any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated" with Trump's campaign, but also to examine "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."

Rosenstein also gave Mueller the power to investigate "any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a)" — including perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses."

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 92

EasyEd said, "Actually ,you  don`t want to debate anyone who has anything positive to say about this White House. (which there is plenty to acknowledge"

CRITICAL WROTE-Actually EasyEd is wrong again! All he has to do is read some of my other posts where I talked about the state of our economy. Try it Ed!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And if I remember correctly you were crediting the wrong White House (Obama`s) for the good economy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 92

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Of course you do RK. Everybody's explained it to him in detail, but he doesn't want to hear it.

Nor anything other than the fake news spewed forth by Fox and Limblah.  It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Fox and Limbaugh have nothing to do with the fact that all the indictments that are being ranted about have been for past activities that are the responsibility of various law enforcement agencies. That's exactly what Fox and Limblah spew daily.  But what you and Fox and Limblah want other mental-midgets to think is that it's not part of Muellers mandate.....but though, it is. But, it is true. So, what does it matter who says it? Once again, since there are and have been agencies responsible for those supposed offenses, why do we need Mueller.

So, again, what is Mueller needed for?  Ahhh.....more of the "rk" gaslighting.... Is truth now called "gaslighting?

As to, "he doesn't want to hear it" - trust me he does. So, lay it on me (or him).  Enjoy your journey into your rabbithole.... Again, no logical response so trot out the "rabbithole".

"In appointing Mueller, however, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein gave him broad authority not only to investigate "any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated" with Trump's campaign, but also to examine "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."

Rosenstein also gave Mueller the power to investigate "any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a)" — including perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses."

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 92

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Fox and Limbaugh have nothing to do with the fact that all the indictments that are being ranted about have been for past activities that are the responsibility of various law enforcement agencies. 

So, again, what is Mueller needed for?

As to, "he doesn't want to hear it" - trust me he does. So, lay it on me (or him).

If Mueller wasn't needed, he would not have been appointed.

Of course - there are obtuse trumplings who believe ridiculous Rudy Giuliani - but hey - they're so stupid they believe trump, and take delight in telling each other in the trump klan the latest lies...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors