Honored Social Butterfly

Mueller report in 30 minutes

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/all-of-the-mueller-reports-major-findings-in-less-than-30-minutes

All of the Mueller report’s major findings in less than 30 minutes

When Robert Mueller broke his silence in May, his main point was that his long-awaited report spoke for itself. But the report is 448 pages long. So Lisa Desjardins and William Brangham decided to dig into what the findings say – and what they don't. Here, in less than 30 minutes, are all of the most important points from the Mueller report.

Honored Social Butterfly

The jury is not out on the Mueller Report, which carefully documented an array of evidence on Russian Interference. That was followed by a large number of indictments. Only someone who ignores facts could possibly deny what happened. 

In addition to the Mueller Report, every U.S. Intelligence Agency documented Russia's interference in the 2016 election. But for some people, that isn't good enough. They will believe whatever they want.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In addition to the Mueller Report, every U.S. Intelligence Agency documented Russia's interference in the 2016 election. But for some people, that isn't good enough. They will believe whatever they want.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Believe what you want, but some of us like to see "proof". 

From the Intelligence Report...They provide a disclaimer...

"Judgments are not intended to imply that we have proof that shows something to be fact.

Assessments are based on collected information, which is often incomplete or fragmentary, as well as logic, argumentation, and precedents."

russian intel report appendix b.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Robert Mueller:

And I will close by reiterating the central allegation of our indictments, that there were multiple, systematic efforts to interfere in our election by Russia. And that allegation deserves the attention of every American. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

From the Right:

left click to hear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2KVj2vVxUs

Image result for pictures of crickets chirping

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Tom, how ironic is it that Trump Lovers compeletely ignore the Russian attacks on our deomocracy.? They always talk about how patriotic they are, but they really aren't. They are far more concerned with protecting their "Supreme Leader" in the White House, than they are about defending America.

In fact, nothing's more important to them than preserving more of Trump's pathological lying and criminal behavior.

Honored Social Butterfly

That is what is has all come down to. It's all about keeping Trump in power and nothing else, SAD! As I have said before, can you imagine for one minute the outcry there would have been from the right if say for example, this whole scenario would have happened to Obama when he was running for re election?? The R's would have called for his head!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Trump World doesn't care, but 

"Mueller says the Russians directly targeted our election systems. They used cyberattacks against private technology firms that make election software, as well as officials in several states and county governments."

Honored Social Butterfly

That they did, and will probably try to get away with as much as they can get away with again in 2020 since the Criminal in Chiefs would welcome their help once again. Sad.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

So true Tom, Trump Lovers will never read the Mueller Report. They get their mythical summary from both Fox and AG Barr. Always remember, they get confused by FACTS.

Honored Social Butterfly

Did any objective, fair minded person have any delusions that Trump Lovers would read the report? I hope not. They get the ficitional version from Fox and AG Barr.

Honored Social Butterfly

they dare not read it based on the fact that over 1,000 former Prosecutors said Trump committed crimes, and as we all know, they NEVER let the truth or facts, get in the way of their thinking CriticalThinking.
Honored Social Butterfly

: Mueller report in 30 minutes

You guys ever see the movie " Goodfellas  " ?

Remember that part where the Mafia Don didn't own a phone and wouldn't talk on one, when he wanted to make a call he sent an intermediary to a public phone booth with a message.

Russian intelligence was in this up to their ears, think they could find a way to communicate on the down low with the Trump Team or Trump himself?

Honored Social Butterfly

Robert Mueller: 

When a subject of an investigation obstructs that investigation or lies to investigators, it strikes at the core of the government's effort to find the truth and hold wrongdoers accountable

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking 

Thanks for pointing out specific areas of the report...not surprising. Why do trump supporters want us to disbelieve Mueller and disbelieve their dark sun anti god trump...to hide the truth about trump. 

As far as opposing trump, we know what we hear, and what we see everyday in the trump administration, and nothing is good for our Country and Citizenry. Just more lies, bad policies and coverups. 

Can hardly wait for Mueller to testify...

long overdue!

Honored Social Butterfly

and usually the reason they are obstructing, is to try to hide something......I am getting close to the end of volume 1. Was struck by a comment made by a Russian shortly after Trump was elected, and he was talking to someone else, who I do not know because this portion was redacted, but his comment was "Putin won," in reference to Trump winning. Interesting comment!
Honored Social Butterfly

While reading the following, please keep in mind there is NO federal law for collusion.

""The report looks at Russia's hacking, concluding, Russia's largest foreign intelligence service, known as the GRU, attacked the Democratic Party and the Clinton campaign.

The investigation found the GRU stole the password and identities of network administrators and used those to get access to Democratic files. The report said, "The GRU's operations extended beyond stealing material, and included releasing documents stolen from the Clinton campaign and its supporters."

Honored Social Butterfly

Indeed yes I read that.
Honored Social Butterfly

Tom, you are so right. I never thought I would see right wing voters accept an attack on our society by the Russians. But defending Trump is more important to them.

Honored Social Butterfly

One must always remember that Trump Lovers aren't concerned with protecting us from Russian Cyber Attacks or keeping America Safe. They couldn't care less that Russia attacked our country and the President is doing NOTHING about it. Their one and only concern is protecting their Supreme Leader in the White House. They don't care about protecting America the way we do.

That means, instead of getting outraged over Trump's criminal conduct, they are looking for a technicality in the law to excuse his criminal behavior.

But since he asked, here are two examples, Martha Stewart and Scooter Libby.

Honored Social Butterfly

denial also comes to mind, as well.
Honored Social Butterfly

• To Mueller, obstruction is a crime of paramount importance. He went out of his way to say that in public.
  • Robert Mueller:

When a subject of an investigation obstructs that investigation or lies to investigators, it strikes at the core of the government's effort to find the truth and hold wrongdoers accountable.

• Lisa Desjardins:

Mueller's report lays out a long string of examples where it finds evidence, sometimes substantial evidence, that the president tried to obstruct justice.

Honored Social Butterfly

A movie maker with a preconceived agenda and vendetta...  

Reminds me of Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth."  Then we find out the "science experiment" in the movie was a fake...  And it was proven fake.

Got it...

"No Evidence of collusion" with the Russians.  You can't obstruct something that did not happen...

Again I ask, "show me a case that has been successfully prosecuted..."

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

"No Evidence of collusion" with the Russians.  You can't obstruct something that did not happen...

Again I ask, "show me a case that has been successfully prosecuted..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I read a book called "The Plot to Hack America" by Malcolm Nance. He is a former United States Navy senior chief petty officer specializing in naval cryptology. The book was a New York Times Best Seller.

I thought this book would answer a lot of the questions I had about Russiagate, so I bought it.

The author spent a lot of time depicting Putin as some sort of evil genius. The Russian intelligence as masterminds. Throughout the book I kept waiting for "proof", or at least "hard evidence" of Russian interference. Chapter after chapter - nothing but opinions, conjecture and guesswork (and some history).

I wish I hadn't paid full price for the book. It should have been on the discount rack.

For me, the jury is still out.

book russian hacking.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

why don't you read the Mueller Report Jim? It's all there! Especially copious amounts of obstruction of justice by the Criminal in Chief, Trump!
Honored Social Butterfly

William Brangham:

For example, the president asked FBI Director James Comey to let go of one investigation. He told his White House counsel, Don McGahn, that Mueller has to go, and later told him to lie and deny that conversation ever happened.

Honored Social Butterfly

• Lisa Desjardins:

Mueller writes, "U.S. law rests on the fundamental principle that no person in this country is so high that he is above the law."

On the question of what to do now, Mueller points to Congress.

• Robert Mueller:

The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.

Honored Social Butterfly

Lisa Desjardins:

Overall, Mueller writes, "The evidence does point to a range of personal motives animating the president's conduct. Those include concerns the investigation would call into question the legitimacy of his election and whether certain events could be seen as criminal activity by the president, his campaign or family."

Honored Social Butterfly

• Through two years of this investigation, through the indictment of 34 individuals, and then spelled out clearly in his final report, Robert Mueller made one thing crystal clear, Russia attempted to interfere with our 2016 election.

Here's the last thing Mueller said.

• Robert Mueller:

And I will close by reiterating the central allegation of our indictments, that there were multiple, systematic efforts to interfere in our election. And that allegation deserves the attention of every American. Thank you.

Honored Social Butterfly

William Brangham:

The Russians created fake hashtags, like #KidsForTrump. They bought thousands of online ads. They impersonated U.S. citizens and set up political rallies, like a 2015 Confederate rally in Houston. They made posters like this one of "Miners for Trump" to promote a rally in Pittsburgh in 2016.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png