Honored Social Butterfly

Mueller Told Barr Summary Caused Confusion

A frustrated Mueller told AG Barr his short summary of the special counsel report caused confusion.
The special counsel expressed frustration over the lack of context and substance of the letter that Barr made public.
Napolitano, Mueller Testify At Senate Homeland Security Committee Hearing
Robert Mueller, then FBI director, at a hearing on Capitol Hill on Sept. 13, 2011.Brendan Hoffman / Getty Images file

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Well I think it would be a great idea to invite Mr. Mueller to one of these hearings.  Get it from the horses mouth don't you all agree?

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

Well I think it would be a great idea to invite Mr. Mueller to one of these hearings.  Get it from the horses mouth don't you all agree?

Have bo doubt about that,, I have heard from many that know Mueller that when he testifies in the HOuse or the Senate, that he will be professional and truthful but don't expect him to be the kind of person that Bar is, he will not defy the institution that he is to proud of  , which is the Justice Depart.ment.

But I do expect his team make up for what he won't say in those hearing.s

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

No worries, Jim. He will appear before the House judiciary committee in May.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/01/robert-mueller-to-testify-before-house-committee

At the end of the Senate hearing today, chairman Lindsey Graham said that Mr Mueller was welcome to come before the committee if he "wished" to clarify anything for the committee regarding AG Barr's testimony. Senator Diane Feinstein formally requested that Mueller appear, but at the time Graham responded that it "wasn't necessary." So it isn't clear that Graham will actually invite Mueller to testify. It seems that Graham isn't really interested in getting to the truth of the matter. Barr's lies are good enough for him.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

No confusion - Barr is the Toady of a Toad, so he lied to cover the crimes of his ToadPOTUS.

Remember, we're dealing with a gaggle of nincompoops who explain their decades long failure to find a single criminal charge they could make stick on the Clintons by telling themselves the FBI is corrupt.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

So....WHAT will Congress do?

Honored Social Butterfly

The House will do its job, the Senate will not. GOP is totally complicit with Trump and his behaviors.....
Honored Social Butterfly

Every GOP Senator up for reelection should be challenged on the grounds of being incompetent and unwilling to do their sworn duty to uphold the Constitution. It's that simple. 

Honored Social Butterfly

This is very disturbing. I’ve tried not to comment on the report until I’ve read it myself. And I just got my copy last night. 

But this new information is direct evidence of more obstruction by the AG.

Honored Social Butterfly

NY Times just updated their story. Mueller complained not once, but twice! A letter was issued on March 25th stating that the Mueller team had prepared documents ready for the public, and reiterated that point in a letter on March 27th. For the doubters, the text of the 2nd letter is available on a link in the following story. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/01/us/politics/mueller-letters-barr.html

Barr lied to Congress, and should resign immediatedly. If not, he should be charged with obstruction of justice and removed. Seems to be a pattern with this administration. They should all be impeached.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

Barr testimony ongoing now on the news channel or media of your choice.

For non-subscribers who may have trouble accessing the NYT link, here is another link to the letter via Scribd.

Honored Social Butterfly

What I have said before.

Bar will try to derail the investigations that are ongoing in order to protect Trump. he stated in his hearing that he could not recall if he had discussed with anyone  about those investigations  sol guys remember, anytime that you don't want to answer a question'
I DON'T RECALL  is the way to go.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Mueller sent his letter to Barr three days later, saying the resulting confusion threatened to undermine public confidence in the investigation

That is the whole point, not to get at truth, but to sow confusion, to undermine confidence in our government, law enforcement, intelligence agencies, democracy,  and to keep the Republican Party in power.

The oligarchy of plutocrats, the  plutarchy must be allowed to keep their money, for that wealth is their source of power, and future additions to their wealth,   therefore they must stay in power.

Honored Social Butterfly

Unidentified leakers can hardly be taken as totally "gospel" particularly on such a highly partisan political issue.

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

Unidentified leakers can hardly be taken as totally "gospel" particularly on such a highly partisan political issue.

Isn't it interesting that this document was leaked shortly after Rod Rosenstein resigned. I'm not saying that Rosenstein was the source, just sayin' it was an interesting cooincidence. 

Honored Social Butterfly

I was so pleased that Mueller took it upon himself to chime in. Once again, I was not surprised to hear his comments about Barrs "take" on the Mueller report. This screams of a cover up. Barr has no business being AG of the United States. He was hired to do one thing, and one thing only, and that was to protect Trump, and nothing else . Fortunately for us, he is failing.....it's still unraveling around Trump....and will continue to do so.
Honored Social Butterfly

Barr got the letter from Mueller - 2 weeks B4 Barr told the Congress - he didnt know what Mueller thought about his Mueller Report Summary.

Barr received the letter from Mueller - 2 weeks B4 he answered questions to the Congress about having No Idea why people were saying Barrs Letter wasn't a accurate summary of the Mueller report

Too bad we didn't have a Democratic Leadership in the House that took their Constitutional Responsibility seriously

Because Barr is the Second Trump Official who knowingly Lies under oath - lies to the American People

AND

Should be Impeached

But Pelosi has taken Impeachment off the Table for reasons of Political Expediency not US or Constitutional Law

Pelosi should also be on the Impeachment List

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png