Science is honing in on better ways to treat chronic pain. Read about it in this AARP series.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Mueller Expands his Probe

Message 81 of 85
Meanwhile I see where Cohen has removed any Trump affiliation from his twitter and linkedin accounts. Me thinks he is getting ready to flip. Not good news for Trump!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Mueller Expands his Probe

Message 82 of 85

It's hard to explain logic to Trump Cult members, but let's give it a try. 

If there was nothing there, as cult members claim (per the words of their hero in the White House), Mueller would be winding down or shutting down the investigation. However, he's expanding the investigation. 

Since the investigtion's expanding in scope, logic (which automatically eliminates Trump Cult members) tells us the investigation is widening and becoming more complex. Hmmm... I wonder why?

Finally, the comment that Mueller is handing off portions of the investigations to the regular U.S. Attorneys (as in the Michael Cohen case) is a strategy to protect the investigation if Trump fires Rosenstein and Mueller.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 85

Where's the beef?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 85

CriticalThinking:  Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, includes investigating whether Trump or associates colluded with Russia and “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

I think Mueller opened a really wicked Pandora's Box of criminal activity and thuggery with this investigation. The people who want the whole matter dropped to protect Trump are ethically and morally vacant and really ought to drop the pretense that they are patriotic Americans. They are not, they're cultists who threw the country under the bus to save Trump.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Mueller Expands his Probe

Message 85 of 85

I think the following sends a message that Mueller's investigation is growing.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller is tapping additional Justice Department resources for help with new legal battles as his year-old investigation of Russian interference with the 2016 election continues to expand. 

As Mueller pursues his probe, he’s making more use of career prosecutors from the offices of U.S. attorneys and from Justice Department headquarters, as well as FBI agents, a sign that he may be laying the groundwork to hand off parts of his investigation eventually, several current and former U.S. officials said.  

Mueller and his team of 17 federal prosecutors are coping with a higher-than-expected volume of court challenges that has added complexity in recent months, but there’s no political appetite at this time to increase the size of his staff, the officials said.

Mueller’s probe has come under attack from President Donald Trump and his allies who say it’s going on too long, expanding too far and costing too much. But the special counsel’s charter, issued by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, includes investigating whether Trump or associates colluded with Russia and “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-05/mueller-said-to-tap-more-career-prosecutors-as-tr...

Kudos
Views
Replies