Honored Social Butterfly

Mueller Expands his Probe

I think the following sends a message that Mueller's investigation is growing.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller is tapping additional Justice Department resources for help with new legal battles as his year-old investigation of Russian interference with the 2016 election continues to expand. 

As Mueller pursues his probe, he’s making more use of career prosecutors from the offices of U.S. attorneys and from Justice Department headquarters, as well as FBI agents, a sign that he may be laying the groundwork to hand off parts of his investigation eventually, several current and former U.S. officials said.  

Mueller and his team of 17 federal prosecutors are coping with a higher-than-expected volume of court challenges that has added complexity in recent months, but there’s no political appetite at this time to increase the size of his staff, the officials said.

Mueller’s probe has come under attack from President Donald Trump and his allies who say it’s going on too long, expanding too far and costing too much. But the special counsel’s charter, issued by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, includes investigating whether Trump or associates colluded with Russia and “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-05/mueller-said-to-tap-more-career-prosecutors-as-tr...

Honored Social Butterfly

Presidents always invite long term business associates. But the standard model is for those business associates to be fellow pols.

Since President Trump is not a lifetime pol, it figures that his associates would be fellow businessmen. And, as an international businessman, it figures his associates would not all be from Kansas.

Honored Social Butterfly

rk9152: 

Presidents always invite long term business associates. But the standard model is for those business associates to be fellow pols.

Since President Trump is not a lifetime pol, it figures that his associates would be fellow businessmen. And, as an international businessman, it figures his associates would not all be from Kansas.

Thanks for clearing that up rk. I always wondered why Trump's campaign attracted Russians like roadkill attracts flies. Lol

Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152: 

Thanks for clearing that up rk. I always wondered why Trump's campaign attracted Russians like roadkill attracts flies. Lol

Thanks for clearing what up - did you not know that Mr. Trump was an international businessman, not a career pol?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Oooops - wrong button. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

And looking at Trump’s history it figures that the only ‘businessmen’ he knows are crooks, con-men, and grafters.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And looking at Trump’s history it figures that the only ‘businessmen’ he knows are crooks, con-men, and grafters.

Who are the "crooks, con-men, and grafters" that attended the parties under discussion? Or are you just venting as usual?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

9152 asks "Who are the "crooks, con-men, and grafters" that attended the parties under discussion?"

----------------

Don't fear 9152 and fellow trumpkins , the Honorable Prosecutor Robert Mueller will make that announcement at the appropriate time.

Honored Social Butterfly

@mandm84 wrote:

9152 asks "Who are the "crooks, con-men, and grafters" that attended the parties under discussion?"

----------------

Don't fear 9152 and fellow trumpkins , the Honorable Prosecutor Robert Mueller will make that announcement at the appropriate time.

But it was brought up by a poster. Is it your theory that Mueller is posting here or one of our posters is a Mueller insider using the boards to leak?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Who are the "crooks, con-men, and grafters" that attended the parties under discussion? Or are you just venting as usual?

Why cannot you stand anyone who doesn't bow down to Trump responding to your posts?

Honored Social Butterfly

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Why cannot you stand anyone who doesn't bow down to Trump responding to your posts?

What "cannot stand"?? You brought up "crooks, con-men, and grafters" and I just asked who they were at the parties since the discussion went to who attended the parties.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I'm wondering will Mueller catch the Big Fish before the election. 

mueller fishing2.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

that will be the key question I think. Will it conclude BEFORE the election, or after? If it is before, will it be too distracting or not. I really don't have the answer to that.
Honored Social Butterfly

That will be the key question I think. Will it conclude BEFORE the election, or after? If it is before, will it be too distracting or not. I really don't have the answer to that.

Yes, I thought the same thing. What would be the repercussions if the investigation is still going on by election day? How will people view that?

Dems will be motivated to vote since many media outlets will run with all kinds of speculations. Republicans will also be motivated as they will feel it is a witch hunt. 

I expect a big turnout for a midterm election - no matter what.

One way it could hurt Republicans is if Mueller indicts Jared, Trump Jr., Ivanka, or Trump himself before the election. 

My own thoughts - it is possible Jared or Trump Jr. will be indicted on something. They're young, rich and in business. International business dealings, as well. I'm sure they've done some wheeling and dealing in such a way that it is considered illegal. If they did, Mueller will find it.

Maybe they stepped outside the law during the campaign. Another problem.

But, I'm sure they will have the best legal team money can buy, even though that won't prevent them from at least being indicted - on something.

If Mueller wants to find information on Trump, his family, or his friends, he knows exactly where to look. It's at his fingertips, so to speak. (Trump said he was "wire-tapped". That, to me sounded dumb. "Surveilled" would have made much more sense).

Did you see this past week the NSA deleted hundreds of millions of records of phone calls and texts after it found that it had no authority to receive some of those records, according to the NY Times.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/nsa-deletes-records-of-calls-and-texts-because-of-irregu...

Mueller has access to all kinds of information, it's a wonder this investigation hasn't concluded by now. 

What I've found surprising is why would Flynn, or others, lie to Mueller. Anything Mueller asks, he more than likely already knows the answer. You might as well be totally honest, or at least, as Jeff Sessions does, "I don't recall".

Mueller wants to interview Trump. I can't see anyone more likely to be tripped up into telling a lie than Donald Trump. There would be plenty of "gotcha" moments by the Team Mueller. 

Anyway, four months until the election.

jared saudi.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

I read an article today about expanding the investigation into the Inauguration. Ton of Russians showed up and hob nobbed at quartermil to million dollar venues, and its illegal for foreigners to donate. Also..50 mil is unacounted for.
So it begins.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I think this has been brought up before but Mueller is also looking into several wealthy Russians who were granted unusual access to Trump inauguration parties. He continues to follow the money, and there is LOTS of it!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/17848e44-6f91-3aee-afaa-0c8e49b0b4fd/ss_why-trump%E2%80%99s-inauguratio...
Honored Social Butterfly

@Tom5678 wrote:
I think this has been brought up before but Mueller is also looking into several wealthy Russians who were granted unusual access to Trump inauguration parties. He continues to follow the money, and there is LOTS of it!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/17848e44-6f91-3aee-afaa-0c8e49b0b4fd/ss_why-trump%E2%80%99s-inauguratio...

"Follow the Money" worked great to bring down Nixon, and it will bring down Der Trumper as well.

Lemontop got $400M from Deutsche Bank when nobody else would lend the serial fraudster/bankruptee a dime -

DB was convicted of laundering hundreds of millions for the Russian mob, Oligarchs and Government (often the same folks)

Der Trumper told our State Dept to STOP COLLECTING the sizable fines we had imposed on DB for their criminal activity, and of course he's been much more supportive of Russia than any of our actual allies.

Russian PsyOps warriors from the KGB designed and delivered millions of anti-Hillary posts on Social Media to carefully selected likely Trump voters, with 200,000 of those ads going to people in the 4 swing states in the weeks before the election.

We KNOW all this already. Any GOPers who consider the process of finding this, and enough dirty deeds to indict 19 of Trumpers top advisers and associates, (5 of whom have ALREADY plead guilty to FELONY crimes including conspiracy Against The United States) to be a "fishing expedition" is delusional or so desperate to make a last stand in their losing battle of the culture wars they don't care their position is untenable.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:

"Follow the Money" worked great to bring down Nixon, and it will bring down Der Trumper as well.

Lemontop got $400M from Deutsche Bank when nobody else would lend the serial fraudster/bankruptee a dime -

DB was convicted of laundering hundreds of millions for the Russian mob, Oligarchs and Government (often the same folks)

Der Trumper told our State Dept to STOP COLLECTING the sizable fines we had imposed on DB for their criminal activity, and of course he's been much more supportive of Russia than any of our actual allies.

Russian PsyOps warriors from the KGB designed and delivered millions of anti-Hillary posts on Social Media to carefully selected likely Trump voters, with 200,000 of those ads going to people in the 4 swing states in the weeks before the election.

We KNOW all this already. Any GOPers who consider the process of finding this, and enough dirty deeds to indict 19 of Trumpers top advisers and associates, (5 of whom have ALREADY plead guilty to FELONY crimes including conspiracy Against The United States) to be a "fishing expedition" is delusional or so desperate to make a last stand in their losing battle of the culture wars they don't care their position is untenable.

I never heard of a Special Council spending $17m (as of May 31st) to investigate the guest list at parties.

Regular Social Butterfly

Tom5678

Yes , they showed on the news they did have Rich or at least Russians at parties, so he can't lie about that.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Regular Social Butterfly

Other cases took years, they just want to stop the investagation to hide the truth. 

Keep on the right track and time will tell.

Honored Social Butterfly

Meanwhile I see where Cohen has removed any Trump affiliation from his twitter and linkedin accounts. Me thinks he is getting ready to flip. Not good news for Trump!!
Honored Social Butterfly

It's hard to explain logic to Trump Cult members, but let's give it a try. 

If there was nothing there, as cult members claim (per the words of their hero in the White House), Mueller would be winding down or shutting down the investigation. However, he's expanding the investigation. 

Since the investigtion's expanding in scope, logic (which automatically eliminates Trump Cult members) tells us the investigation is widening and becoming more complex. Hmmm... I wonder why?

Finally, the comment that Mueller is handing off portions of the investigations to the regular U.S. Attorneys (as in the Michael Cohen case) is a strategy to protect the investigation if Trump fires Rosenstein and Mueller.

Honored Social Butterfly

CriticalThinking:  Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, includes investigating whether Trump or associates colluded with Russia and “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

I think Mueller opened a really wicked Pandora's Box of criminal activity and thuggery with this investigation. The people who want the whole matter dropped to protect Trump are ethically and morally vacant and really ought to drop the pretense that they are patriotic Americans. They are not, they're cultists who threw the country under the bus to save Trump.

Honored Social Butterfly

Where's the beef?

Honored Social Butterfly

NOTHAPPENNING:  Where's the beef?

Mueller's briefcase with multiple copies in safe places?

Regular Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum
News stations showed a couple of them at parties sitting there as comfortable as can be.

Surely no one is going to say Fake News to pictures.?
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png