Mueller Charges 12 Russian Intelligence Officers with Hacking the Democrats during the 2016 election

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Mueller Charges 12 Russian Intelligence Officers with Hacking the Democrats during the 2016 elec

Message 31 of 220

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Here are some very powerful thoughts 

• Trump attacked Canada, our strongest ally
  • looking out for the interests of America is the job of the President
  • Trump attacked Germany
  • He pointed out that Germany was helping Russia's economy while expecting us to protect them
  • Trump attacked NATO
  • ......by asking member States to do their fair share
  • Trump attacked the EEU
  • It isn't good for the Brits - he agreed with them.
  • Trump attacked the TPP
  • As did Hillary
  • But Trump had nothing but kind words for Vladimir
  • Its called the "negotiation waltz"
  • Trump trashed the U.S. Intelligence Agencies, just as he trashes the FBI
  • Only the corrupted elements

Note: When reading the first 5 points above, keep in mind that all of those attacks were goals of Vladimir Putin.

Note: When reading my truths above, keep in mind they are about an American president doing what is best for America - not mind reading Putin.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Mueller Charges 12 Russian Intelligence Officers with Hacking the Democrats during the 2016 elec

Message 32 of 220

Rosenstein stated that he briefed Trump on the coming indictments.

I didn't know that. I guess that would explain why Trump did not seem to be surprised after the announcement. 

I just heard on the radio that Butina plans on pleading innocent. At least, through her lawyer, she's denying the charges - making it sound like it's a misunderstanding, and that she didn't have to register as a foreign agent, as the indictment claims she should have. That was on conservative talk radio.

I guess Trump using the term "captive by Russia" is a subtle threat to Germany, but also a jab at Russia before the summit.

I don't think Germany will scrap its plans for importing oil or gas from Russia. It makes sense economically to make the U.S. and Russia compete for their business. 

In 2017, Germany used up a record 53 billion cubic meters of Russian gas, comprising about 40 percent of Germany's total gas consumption. The Russian Nord Stream 2's delivery system is designed to carry up to 55 billion cubic meters of gas per year.
The gas pipeline would allow Germany to effectively double the amount of gas it imports from Russia.

https://www.dw.com/en/nord-stream-2-gas-pipeline-what-is-the-controversy-about/a-44677741

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 220

@williamb39198 wrote:

@ChasKy53

Does it seem like we are in a constant state of trying to reason with trump supporters who deflect, troll, bait, fabricate accusations, and try to sow seeds of confusion. And not answer reasonable questions, run out of facts, then dismiss you like they don’t have time to discuss a subject because we are in a lower caste system than they are in. 

So, may we maintain that we know where they are philosophically, who they are as trump supporters, and why they support an absolutely terrible president. 

May the truth prevail

I am glad to see that some of you are finally seeing the futility that It is to actually try to convince  any of the Trump Followers of the thutr. As we have seen, even now, they are willing to forgive and forget a President that is willing to sell this country to our enemy and that now, wants an allegiance with Russia. 
Do you remember when any American have actually accepted those terms?

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 220

@gordyfl wrote:

The timing of all this raises suspicions.

July 10 - Trump Arrives in Europe.

July 11 - Trump accused Germany on of being a “captive” of Russia due to its energy reliance.

July 14 - 12 Russians indicted in Mueller investigation.

July 15 - Russian Mariia Butina is arrested as Russian Agent.

July 16 - Trump meets with Putin.

Are these extraordinary coincidences? Or was it all planned?

Did Trump know these indictments were coming while he was touring Europe? Not likely since Mueller keeps his investigations tight-lipped.

It appears Trump was blind-sided by Rosenstein's announcements, but Trump didn't seem to show much emotion or surprise, either. Hmmm...
Was anyone else, besides me, surprised by Trump using the term "captive of Russia" days before he was to meet with Putin?

What has Rosenstein's sabotaging of the meeting to do with "captive of Russia"?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Mueller Charges 12 Russian Intelligence Officers with Hacking the Democrats during the 2016 elec

Message 35 of 220

MaVolta asked a very good question. 

@CriticalThinking - You know, sometimes I doubt the "collusion" aspect of all this. Rather, maybe Trump's ignorance is only exceeded by his huge ego. He got played like a fine tuned violin, and Putin directed the orchestra.

MaVolta, it's certainly a viable possiblity. Only Mueller and his team know the answer to that question. Is Trump simply the dumbest U.S. President ever who's ruled by his massive ego? Or, as I suspect, the answer to your question is possibly BOTH. I think the above is obviously true but I'm hoping Mueller proves Trump and his flunkies committed a number of crimes along the way.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 220

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Not Happening continually feeds into the following myth, "Interesting how the Obama/Hillary cult looked at Obama with rose colored glasses"

Unlike his hero Trump and his cult members, President Obama received plenty of criticism. I don't know where NH was every time that happened, but he either missed it or ignored it.

Strange phrasing. It seems to imply the lack of criticism for President Trump.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 220

@CriticalThinking - You know, sometimes I doubt the "collusion" aspect of all this. Rather, maybe Trump's ignorance is only exceeded by his huge ego. He got played like a fine tuned violin, and Putin directed the orchestra.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 220

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

In RK's fantasy world, Trump never denied the Russians interfered in the 2016 election. Was RK watching his Supreme Leader in action today?

President Trump stood next to President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia and publicly challenged the conclusion of his own intelligence agencies that Moscow interfered in the 2016 presidential election.

Since rk does not have a "Supreme Leader", responding to ct's posts gets difficult. However, rk would like to point out that "his own intelligent agencies" are the same people (in some cases) that are attacking our President on a daily basis.

Interesting how the Obama/Hillary cult looked at Obama with rose colored glasses and they see Trump with blinders on.

Interesting how the Trump-haters are unable to respond to the content in posts so go off to some cliche.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Mueller Charges 12 Russian Intelligence Officers with Hacking the Democrats during the 2016 elec

Message 39 of 220

Here are some very powerful thoughts 

• Trump attacked Canada, our strongest ally
  • Trump attacked Germany
  • Trump attacked NATO
  • Trump attacked the EEU
  • Trump attacked the TPP
  • But Trump had nothing but kind words for Vladimir
  • Trump trashed the U.S. Intelligence Agencies, just as he trashes the FBI

Note: When reading the first 5 points above, keep in mind that all of those attacks were goals of Vladimir Putin.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 220

@gordyfl - I doubt that any of this was coordinated. No one can coordinate anything with Trump.

Rosenstein stated that he briefed Trump on the coming indictments, so I take him at his word. IMO, Trump had already made up his mind to sell out the Mueller investigation to Putin, so what difference did it make?

The Butina arrest seemed to indicate that she might be preparing to leave the country. They wanted to make sure that they got her before she left. This one will be interesting to follow as it will be tried in court, and who knows where it will lead. It is also separate from the Mueller investigation. As for Mueller's indictments, I suppose those Russians could be tried in absentia.

What to make of Germany being a "captive of Russia"? Yes, a little surprising, but it's more likely that Trump was complaining that Germany should be buying more energy from the US instead. Seems like an odd way to go about trying to sell your product by insulting the chief "buying officer" as it were.

There was also that pending Exxon deal with a Russian energy company that got waylaid by Obama sanctions. That might be a part of Trump's agenda with Putin, who knows?

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors