Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with AARP’s job board.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Mueller Audits Trump's Tax Returns

Message 1 of 8

Related image

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Mueller Audits Trump's Tax Returns

Message 2 of 8

Going back to the title of this thread has Mueller gotten hold of his taxes and has re reviewed them?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8
  • In July 2016, the FBI opened its counterintelligence investigation into whether various Trump campaign officials were linked to Russia. This probe would focus particularly on four campaign advisers: George Papadopoulos, Paul Manafort, Michael Flynn, and Carter Page.
  • In late 2016 and early 2017, the FBI was “suspicious” of Trump’s Russia links as well, per the Times. But they did not yet choose to explicitly name the president as a focus of their investigation, alongside those four advisers, perhaps out of fear of political controversy.
  • In May 2017, after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, that changed. The bureau then quickly approved an investigation into not only whether Trump had criminally obstructed justice (which we learned long ago but also whether Trump had been acting on Russia’s behalf. Shortly afterward, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed Mueller as special counsel to take charge of the probe.

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/12/18179662/trump-russia-mueller-fbi-new-york-times

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8
I get the sneaking suspicion there are many ties and links to some shady banks, like Deutsche bank which comes to mind, one known for its shady dealings and MONEY LAUNDERING for and with Russia. Trump did a lot of business with them. Then I suspect many ties and links to Russia, a place he said many times he had no business dealings with. Yeah right. There are a million reasons why Trump does not want to release his tax returns. Not too hard to figure out why for most of us.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

For  what I have read  the report has to be presented to the DOJ   in this case the AG  will probably be the first to see it. 

I am concerned that this new AG with Trump will  redact as much as they can in this report and then Congress will have to ask for this report and then either unredacted or bring it to the public. 

Either way we will not see that report for quite some time.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

Seem to recall that Muellers charterr calls for him to turn the report over to DOJ, and if DOJ declines to prosecute, the report is made public. So what if DOJ decides to prosecute, but Hillary instead of Trump? So far, Muellers whole team has been leak-proof, but I don't think that would remain the case if Der Trumper attempts any "redactions" .

LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP...

and throw away the key.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Donald Trump was the first presidential candidate in approximately 40 years who refused to voluntarily make public his tax returns. If you're capable of thinking, you have to ask yourself what is he hiding from the American people.

Thankfully, the Mueller Team audited Trump's tax returns and reviewed his credit history, which means it's only a matter of time before we learn what Comrade Trump hid from the American people.

I have no doubt of  what you are saying. but the problem that I have is that I don't think that we will have the opportunity to see the Mueller report. I am convinced that between the AG and Trump  they will  redact that report and declare victory and the public will not see that report without the redactions.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 8 of 8

Donald Trump was the first presidential candidate in approximately 40 years who refused to voluntarily make public his tax returns. If you're capable of thinking, you have to ask yourself what is he hiding from the American people.

Thankfully, the Mueller Team audited Trump's tax returns and reviewed his credit history, which means it's only a matter of time before we learn what Comrade Trump hid from the American people.

Kudos
Views
Replies