Help seniors affected by the California wildfires! Donate now and your gift will be matched up to a total of $500,000.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
156
Views

Re: Most Think Obama White House Spied

156 Views
Message 1 of 44

jimc91 wrote:

To get back on TOPIC:

 

This from the original post about the results of their recent survey:

 

Some 55% of those said it was "likely" that the Obama administration "improperly surveilled the Trump campaign during the 2016 election." There was an obvious partisan split among the responses, with 87% of Republicans and 55% of independents saying the improper spying took place, but only 31% of Democrats.

 

 

 


So what?  Even if this survey is to be believed, what information has been released that would allow people to make an informed decision?  How does this "OPINION" translate to a fact.  For most of human history if you took a poll, the earth was flat.  Opinion polls and facts have little in common.

This is especially true when IDB doesn't even bother to post the methodology of the survey (how they came up with the sample, the wording of the script to ask the questions and how the answers are interpretted).

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
156
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
162
Views

Re: Most Think Obama White House Spied

162 Views
Message 2 of 44

jimc91 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

 

Most American people want to know the answers to the questions asked above, Really?  Any proof to that statement?  Most understand when there is evidence that an American citizen is contacting Russians, the expect the government to look into it.  Apparently this is shocking news to Conservatives....

 

As you like to say, Jim, "too funny"......


This from the original post about the results of their recent survey:

 

Some 55% of those said it was "likely" that the Obama administration "improperly surveilled the Trump campaign during the 2016 election." There was an obvious partisan split among the responses, with 87% of Republicans and 55% of independents saying the improper spying took place, but only 31% of Democrats.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

 

@Centristsin2010, Please consider reading the original post/survey at the beginning of this thread.

 

Thanks, Jim.  I did.  And I posted a topic about which polls are the most reliable seconds later.  But thanks for the suggestion anyways.

 


Cool...  Good for you.  Its always a good idea to start your own thread to share your opinion rather than hijacking another persons' thread by steering it OFF TOPIC.  Everyone here has an opinion and no one person's opinion is more important than those of others...  Agreed?

 

"More important" isn't relevant.  More objective is far more relevant.  To me, those who only squat in their own political bigotry have far less objective opinions, therfore, far less accurate, than those who change the channel and/or read and attempt to understand, opposing views.  For example, you have an opinion.  It's important to you and you're welcome to it, and I respect it.  But it clearly relies solely on far-right wing Conservative sources. So, is it relevant?  I don't think so.  Is it well-informed?  Again, I don't think so.  Does it foster political bigotry?  I think so.  I also feel and believe the same about far-left extremists.  It's why, IMO, most Americans are neither.


You made your point very clear.  Your opinion is more important than mine.

 

I respectfully disagree, have a nice day...:-)

 

Wow, apparently reading comprehension is a challenge for some.  No one said anyone's opinion is more important than anyone else's but you, Jim.  Just more dishonesty from a Conservative posting here....it's become the norm.  A little honesty goes a long way, give it a try.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
162
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
166
Views

Re: Most Think Obama White House Spied

166 Views
Message 3 of 44

To get back on TOPIC:

 

This from the original post about the results of their recent survey:

 

Some 55% of those said it was "likely" that the Obama administration "improperly surveilled the Trump campaign during the 2016 election." There was an obvious partisan split among the responses, with 87% of Republicans and 55% of independents saying the improper spying took place, but only 31% of Democrats.

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
166
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
173
Views

Most Think Obama White House Spied

173 Views
Message 4 of 44

Why do people get angry at this political paranioa? Because those who believe these dangerous right wing conspiracy theories never let the facts get in their way.

 

Trump, who's currently our President, cannot produce one shred of evidence backing up his claim.

 

Former US intelligence chief James Clapper denied that any wiretap had been ordered.

 

Mr. Clapper said the intelligence agencies he had supervised did not wiretap Mr. Trump last year, and nor did the FBI obtain a court order to monitor Mr. Trump's phones. As intelligence director, he told NBC, he would have known about a "court order on something like this".

 

This is a reference to the US Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, which can grant wiretaps on the grounds of national security.

 

Finally, U.S. Presidents cannot order wiretaps. This is something which only can be done by federal law enforcement agencies.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
173
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
176
Views

Re: Most Think Obama White House Spied

176 Views
Message 5 of 44

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

 

Most American people want to know the answers to the questions asked above, Really?  Any proof to that statement?  Most understand when there is evidence that an American citizen is contacting Russians, the expect the government to look into it.  Apparently this is shocking news to Conservatives....

 

As you like to say, Jim, "too funny"......


This from the original post about the results of their recent survey:

 

Some 55% of those said it was "likely" that the Obama administration "improperly surveilled the Trump campaign during the 2016 election." There was an obvious partisan split among the responses, with 87% of Republicans and 55% of independents saying the improper spying took place, but only 31% of Democrats.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

 

@Centristsin2010, Please consider reading the original post/survey at the beginning of this thread.

 

Thanks, Jim.  I did.  And I posted a topic about which polls are the most reliable seconds later.  But thanks for the suggestion anyways.

 


Cool...  Good for you.  Its always a good idea to start your own thread to share your opinion rather than hijacking another persons' thread by steering it OFF TOPIC.  Everyone here has an opinion and no one person's opinion is more important than those of others...  Agreed?

 

"More important" isn't relevant.  More objective is far more relevant.  To me, those who only squat in their own political bigotry have far less objective opinions, therfore, far less accurate, than those who change the channel and/or read and attempt to understand, opposing views.  For example, you have an opinion.  It's important to you and you're welcome to it, and I respect it.  But it clearly relies solely on far-right wing Conservative sources. So, is it relevant?  I don't think so.  Is it well-informed?  Again, I don't think so.  Does it foster political bigotry?  I think so.  I also feel and believe the same about far-left extremists.  It's why, IMO, most Americans are neither.


You made your point very clear.  Your opinion is more important than mine.

 

I respectfully disagree, have a nice day...:-)

 

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
176
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
190
Views

Re: Most Think Obama White House Spied

190 Views
Message 6 of 44

jimc91 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

 

Most American people want to know the answers to the questions asked above, Really?  Any proof to that statement?  Most understand when there is evidence that an American citizen is contacting Russians, the expect the government to look into it.  Apparently this is shocking news to Conservatives....

 

As you like to say, Jim, "too funny"......


This from the original post about the results of their recent survey:

 

Some 55% of those said it was "likely" that the Obama administration "improperly surveilled the Trump campaign during the 2016 election." There was an obvious partisan split among the responses, with 87% of Republicans and 55% of independents saying the improper spying took place, but only 31% of Democrats.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

 

@Centristsin2010, Please consider reading the original post/survey at the beginning of this thread.

 

Thanks, Jim.  I did.  And I posted a topic about which polls are the most reliable seconds later.  But thanks for the suggestion anyways.

 


Cool...  Good for you.  Its always a good idea to start your own thread to share your opinion rather than hijacking another persons' thread by steering it OFF TOPIC.  Everyone here has an opinion and no one person's opinion is more important than those of others...  Agreed?

 

"More important" isn't relevant.  More objective is far more relevant.  To me, those who only squat in their own political bigotry have far less objective opinions, therfore, far less accurate, than those who change the channel and/or read and attempt to understand, opposing views.  For example, you have an opinion.  It's important to you and you're welcome to it, and I respect it.  But it clearly relies solely on far-right wing Conservative sources. So, is it relevant?  I don't think so.  Is it well-informed?  Again, I don't think so.  Does it foster political bigotry?  I think so.  I also feel and believe the same about far-left extremists.  It's why, IMO, most Americans are neither.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
190
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
203
Views

Re: Most Think Obama White House Spied

203 Views
Message 7 of 44

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

 

Most American people want to know the answers to the questions asked above, Really?  Any proof to that statement?  Most understand when there is evidence that an American citizen is contacting Russians, the expect the government to look into it.  Apparently this is shocking news to Conservatives....

 

As you like to say, Jim, "too funny"......


This from the original post about the results of their recent survey:

 

Some 55% of those said it was "likely" that the Obama administration "improperly surveilled the Trump campaign during the 2016 election." There was an obvious partisan split among the responses, with 87% of Republicans and 55% of independents saying the improper spying took place, but only 31% of Democrats.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

 

@Centristsin2010, Please consider reading the original post/survey at the beginning of this thread.

 

Thanks, Jim.  I did.  And I posted a topic about which polls are the most reliable seconds later.  But thanks for the suggestion anyways.

 


Cool...  Good for you.  Its always a good idea to start your own thread to share your opinion rather than hijacking another persons' thread by steering it OFF TOPIC.  Everyone here has an opinion and no one person's opinion is more important than those of others...  Agreed?

 

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
203
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
215
Views

Re: Most Think Obama White House Spied

215 Views
Message 8 of 44

jimc91 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

 

Most American people want to know the answers to the questions asked above, Really?  Any proof to that statement?  Most understand when there is evidence that an American citizen is contacting Russians, the expect the government to look into it.  Apparently this is shocking news to Conservatives....

 

As you like to say, Jim, "too funny"......


This from the original post about the results of their recent survey:

 

Some 55% of those said it was "likely" that the Obama administration "improperly surveilled the Trump campaign during the 2016 election." There was an obvious partisan split among the responses, with 87% of Republicans and 55% of independents saying the improper spying took place, but only 31% of Democrats.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

 

@Centristsin2010, Please consider reading the original post/survey at the beginning of this thread.

 

Thanks, Jim.  I did.  And I posted a topic about which polls are the most reliable seconds later.  But thanks for the suggestion anyways.

 

What do you think the poll results would have been if folks actually waited until the investigation was complete before all the right-wing hysteria, faux facts and bogus memo were released?


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
215
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
221
Views

Re: Most Think Obama White House Spied

221 Views
Message 9 of 44

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

 

Most American people want to know the answers to the questions asked above, Really?  Any proof to that statement?  Most understand when there is evidence that an American citizen is contacting Russians, the expect the government to look into it.  Apparently this is shocking news to Conservatives....

 

As you like to say, Jim, "too funny"......


This from the original post about the results of their recent survey:

 

Some 55% of those said it was "likely" that the Obama administration "improperly surveilled the Trump campaign during the 2016 election." There was an obvious partisan split among the responses, with 87% of Republicans and 55% of independents saying the improper spying took place, but only 31% of Democrats.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

 

@Centristsin2010, Please consider reading the original post/survey at the beginning of this thread.

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
221
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
227
Views

Most Think Obama White House Spied

227 Views
Message 10 of 44

Why do people get angry at this kind of garbage? Because those who believe these dangerous right wing conspiracy theories never let the facts get in their way.

 

Trump, who's currently our President, cannot produce one shred of evidence backing up his claim.

 

Former US intelligence chief James Clapper denied that any wiretap had been ordered.

 

Mr. Clapper said the intelligence agencies he had supervised did not wiretap Mr. Trump last year, and nor did the FBI obtain a court order to monitor Mr. Trump's phones. As intelligence director, he told NBC, he would have known about a "court order on something like this".

 

This is a reference to the US Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, which can grant wiretaps on the grounds of national security.

 

Finally, U.S. Presidents cannot order wiretaps. This is something which only can be done by federal law enforcement agencies.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
227
Views