Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Most Americans want the Senate to remove Trump

Message 31 of 73

Most Americans will be very upset when they read about, or watch the farce of a trial, the Republicans are controlling. Who ever heard of a trial where evidence is not allowed and witnesses are not allowed to testify?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Most Americans want the Senate to remove Trump

Message 32 of 73

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank God the founders knew what they were doing when they set up the electoral college otherwise we would have New York choosing our President(or worse -California)

Snoopy wrote-Why shouldn't everyone's vote be counted equally?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The founders didn`t want the large population states (original 13 ) to control who was Preident. Even more timportant  today with ultra liberal states like New York and California controling so  the other 48 states not having a voice with their votes.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 73

@JANMB wrote:

Faithless electors” are free to cast their votes for whoever they please, regardless of who won the popular vote in their state. 

Moreover, many states only impose a fine on electors who defy their state’s voters, and it’s not clear that such penalties are even Constitutional to begin with.

"A Historic Number of Electors Defected, and Most Were Supposed to Vote for Clinton,” as investigated by the nytimes. and  reported  Dec. 19, 2016 ////////

/THE Electoral College gives too much power to "swing states" and to be decided by a handful of states.   WE MUST FIGHT FOR ONE  VOTE ONE COUNT....

This is now in the Supreme Court.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - As the 2020 race heats up, the Supreme Court agreed on Friday to hear a dispute involving the complex U.S. presidential election system focusing on whether Electoral College electors are free to break their pledges to back the candidate who wins their state’s popular vote, an act that could upend an election.

Read more.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 73

Faithless electors” are free to cast their votes for whoever they please, regardless of who won the popular vote in their state. 

Moreover, many states only impose a fine on electors who defy their state’s voters, and it’s not clear that such penalties are even Constitutional to begin with.

"A Historic Number of Electors Defected, and Most Were Supposed to Vote for Clinton,” as investigated by the nytimes. and  reported  Dec. 19, 2016 ////////

/THE Electoral College gives too much power to "swing states" and to be decided by a handful of states.   WE MUST FIGHT FOR ONE  VOTE ONE COUNT....

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 73

"Thanks for moving on from the phony Russian collusion which took 2 1/2 years and 40 million dollars. Now we have to put up with another 5 years of phony impeachment charges. (As Maxine Walters recently said ,I will impeached Trump if it takes another 5 years.)  No Balleyhoo,just more accomplishments in spite of the Trump-haters."

This is just total B.S.

The nearly two-year special counsel investigation of Russian election interference led by Robert Mueller cost nearly $32 million in total, a new filing shows.

Special Counsel’s Office Statement of Expenditures October 1, 2018 through May 31, 2019

https://www.justice.gov/jmd/page/file/1190286/download

So right off the bat Donnie and the Trumpettes are $8 million off. But Trump and Fox News say the number is $40-42 million so that must be the right number because research would slowly and painfully kill conservatives. It must, otherwise they might actually research something. Anything.

And then there are the convictions and indictments that prove the Mueller prove was not a witch hunt. A witch hunt happens because witches do not exist. They did not exist in Massachusetts in 1693 and they do not exist now, Wiccans notwithstanding.

The Mueller investigation is not a witch hunt because guilty people did exist and were convicted. 

Then there are the monetary and property fines collected by the Mueller probe, which in Manafort's case alone, exceeded $40 million, meaning the probe paid for itself and cost taxpayers nothing.

I'm really tired of these easily debunked outright lies professed by Trump, the shell of what was once the Republican party, and their deluded adherents among the great unwashed.

"The buck stops here." Harry S Truman
"I don't take responsibility at all." Donald J. Trump
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 73

@MsStretch wrote:

According to FiveThirtyEight which tracks several polls in realtime, as of today, on the day the impeachment trial begins,  51.4% support impeachment and/or removal of IMPOTUS from office; 44.9% do not.

51.4% is higher than tRump's approval rating. Interesting.

Gallop has him at 44%, considerably lower than the average:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 73

@john258 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
JANMB posted..

There are MANY examples why the Electoral College was not created for modern times like this. I moved several times. for example... NY R I NJ GA MA and FL .....so my vote shouldn't count in some of the states...after I pay taxes and was a born citizen ?
SO RIDICULOUS

=================================================================

You do not understand why we have a E C. Do you care?

The electoral college was created to protect the slave holding states.

Please tell us why everyone's vote shouldn't carry the same weight?

Wrong again. The electoral college was created so that only the educated informed people of the day would take part and even they were once removed. The States elected the President, and the States named the electors. If we followed the idea behind the electoral college today there would not be any of Trumps enablers voting since per the experts they do not fall into the group allowed to vote in any election by the founding fathers.

Wrong again indeed. The states do not name the electors. The members of the electoral college in each state are chosen by the political parties. But God forbid anyone should do some research. In the age of Trump "truth is not truth" and facts may be replaced by "alternative facts." Research is an old-fashioned concept and Trumpettes consider it a waste of time. So does Trump as evidenced to his reference of the "phoney emoluments clause."

How are my electors chosen? What are their qualifications? How do they decide who to vote for?

"Each candidate running for President in your State has his or her own group of electors (known as a slate). The slates are generally chosen by the candidate’s political party in your State, but State laws vary on how the electors are selected and what their responsibilities are. Read more about the qualifications of the electors and restrictions on who the electors may vote for."

https://www.archives.gov/electoral-college/about

Before Trump some people may have read and digested the facts about the electoral college before engaging in heated debate about it. No more. Education is now looked down upon as a brainwashing tool of the liberal left and higher education is blamed for the ills of the country by conservative talking heads and members of the great unwashed in their thrall.

If I could find the person or people responsible for removing civics courses from our educational curriculum I'd hang them as traitors. I don't believe the government can be trusted to fairly implement the death penalty so I'd hang the idiots myself. If they lock me up for it, fine.  When Emerson visited Thoreau in jail and asked why he was there, Thoreau, who'd been imprisoned for failing to pay a poll tax, replied, "The question is why aren't you here?" 

"The buck stops here." Harry S Truman
"I don't take responsibility at all." Donald J. Trump
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 73

According to FiveThirtyEight which tracks several polls in realtime, as of today, on the day the impeachment trial begins,  51.4% support impeachment and/or removal of IMPOTUS from office; 44.9% do not.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 73

In actual reality, the percentage of people that want trump removed is higher than his approval rating.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Most Americans want the Senate to remove Trump

Message 40 of 73

Virtually all of Trump's blindly loyal cult membes are addicted to the Fox Propaganda Network. The primary purpose of Fox is to promote and protect Comrade Trump. Talk abouit FAKE NEWS!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors