Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Most Americans Want Ban on Automatic Rifles

Message 51 of 428

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

If we do as you suggested (cut down on the mentally ill), that would mean wiping out most liberals. Do you really mean that?

Again, there really is no requirement that you post a response, especially when you have nothing to contribute to the discussion..

Nor you, yet you are among the most prolific posters here.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 428

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Hadn't thought about that... but it would be a consideration.

That would include Bernie supporters.....LMAO!!!

Is he running for something?  You have heartburn about that?

Careful all that frequent laughing...people might misjudge your mental state.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 428

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

If we do as you suggested (cut down on the mentally ill), that would mean wiping out most liberals. Do you really mean that?

Again, there really is no requirement that you post a response, especially when you have nothing to contribute to the discussion..

Now you think you are the judge as to what qualifies as value to the discussion? In my opinion (for whatever value it has), your opinion has no value!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 428

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Hadn't thought about that... but it would be a consideration.

That would include Bernie supporters.....LMAO!!!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 428

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Heroin is banned throughout the U.S. yet widely available in Chicago. Your "ban" would work the same way!

More of the knee-jerk comments by the anti-gun crowd.  I don't own guns and don't allow them on my property, but I have no objections to responsible ownership by others.  I do have a problem with those who attempt to force their ideas on others.  That is the pathway for dictatorships and losing constitutional freedoms.

And in addressing the topics blaming Veterans, I was just reading this reader's comment on a media site in response to the shooting in California with restrictive gun control:

"It strikes me that in previous generations, soldiers returning from war also had PTSD. They received no treatment for their condition, and they certainly didn't receive the best treatment from VA centers, yet they didn't go crazy and try to shoot everyone when they felt wronged. Why are people today going on these killing rampages?"

Also remember the last two major shootings wasn't by vets but by young people who managed to get their hands on guns, but thinking back as far as the Second World War onward I can't recall hearing of mass shootings by Veterans except in isolated cases. 

The last mass shooting in Florida had so many red flags yet no one is willing to fix the real problem(s). Many reports of problems with this kid (Cruz) who had police visits some 30+ times. He posted on line that he was going to be the next school shooter. FBI got several tips informing of future problems. He was getting bullied. Police chief who told police "stand down" and wait for SWAT.

Agreed!  How many red flags were there in the largest massacre in US history?  You know, the one where 58 innocent Americans were slaughtered by a wealthy man armed with 28 semi-automatic weapons?

I just question if any of the real problems will be looked at or ever fixed?

Not as long as fascist Conservatives are in control.

As long as the radical left pursues elimination of the 2nd Amendment either outright or incrementally, there will be pushback from gun owners. Liberals can stick it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 428

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 428

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Heroin is banned throughout the U.S. yet widely available in Chicago. Your "ban" would work the same way!

More of the knee-jerk comments by the anti-gun crowd.  I don't own guns and don't allow them on my property, but I have no objections to responsible ownership by others.  I do have a problem with those who attempt to force their ideas on others.  That is the pathway for dictatorships and losing constitutional freedoms.

And in addressing the topics blaming Veterans, I was just reading this reader's comment on a media site in response to the shooting in California with restrictive gun control:

"It strikes me that in previous generations, soldiers returning from war also had PTSD. They received no treatment for their condition, and they certainly didn't receive the best treatment from VA centers, yet they didn't go crazy and try to shoot everyone when they felt wronged. Why are people today going on these killing rampages?"

Also remember the last two major shootings wasn't by vets but by young people who managed to get their hands on guns, but thinking back as far as the Second World War onward I can't recall hearing of mass shootings by Veterans except in isolated cases. 

The last mass shooting in Florida had so many red flags yet no one is willing to fix the real problem(s). Many reports of problems with this kid (Cruz) who had police visits some 30+ times. He posted on line that he was going to be the next school shooter. FBI got several tips informing of future problems. He was getting bullied. Police chief who told police "stand down" and wait for SWAT.

Agreed!  How many red flags were there in the largest massacre in US history?  You know, the one where 58 innocent Americans were slaughtered by a wealthy man armed with 28 semi-automatic weapons?

Not as long as fascist Conservatives are in control.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 428

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Polls supporting what I stated have been posted here,

Polls mean nothing and can be misleading depending on the questions asked, and who is being asked.  And I doubt that all Americans has(have) been polled, so how can you say 'most Americans'? You mean they mean nothing to you unless the results agree with you. As I said, more than just a few polls have been posted here validating my claim. Newspapers and other news sources have also validated my claim. Can you post reputable sources to disprove what those polls, the newspapers, and news shows have shown?

If you believe the polls, then you still believe that Hillary is President. Oh, I forgot, you already know she is President.

Doubtful that you are that familiar, but if you have I'm sure you've noticed that it isn't the gun that is firing by itself but the person pulling the trigger.  That needs to be addressed before any restriction on firearms or size of magazines. That is just your opinion and that has been tried with background checks, how's it working?

As far as the capacity of the magazines, I've fired off a(an) ammo box full of regular magazines, one at a time, and it took me minimal time to eject the magazine and reload.  It took me less than 30 minutes to empty the ammo container.  That was my final hurrah in firing a(an) M-16. Well good for you !  But limiting magazines to 7 to 9 rounds would cause many more reloads and cause them to carry many more magazines, slowing down a person trying to kill dozens in seconds. Why are you so  against slowing down their capability?

Which is it you like? 7 or 9 rounds. If legislation is written, it must say the maximum rounds. Scout would say one round maximum. You say between 7 and 9. Can't libs settle on anything?

Ahhhh, the obligatory partisan attack from NOTHAPPING....so "quaint".  Most people appreciate the diversity of opinion from those left of far-right extremists. From moderate Republicans to the far left and all that remains between the two.

I most appreciate all the compliments from you - left of the far left posters.

Please let us all know when you get one.

Are you speaking for the collective of all liberals by using the phrase "let us all know" again? No, just like last time, speaking for readers of Conservative nonsense.  But thanks for asking.....

I assume so since you are their most prolific poster.  You should assume much less; you're never even close.

Glad I met your most liberal expectations!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 428

@john258wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@john258wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@john258wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Yes it did and the biggest one was that Cruz was a member of the Far Right. He even had the Nazi symbol in his body art. Get rid of the far right and you will end most of this. That will also cut down the number of mentally ill people as all the far right fit in to that category. Look at our President.

Looks like the new Trump policy of mass executions on order of the Dictator is being passed down to the followers. Red the story in the press I posted about. Trump wants to impose the Death penalty by Executive Order and here is the first sign we see from the followers that they approve of killing Americans who oppose the Dictator. WAKE UP PEOPLE. GERMANY OF THE 1930 IS ARRIVING. THEY HAD HITLER WE HAVE TRUMP.

So, I see you approve of wiping out all mentally ill people (that would be all liberals). Trump is the savior.

Notice how fast and furious they come back  on the story I posted about in this mornings paper. The followers are just like the Brown shirts covering for what their Dictator wants to do. Lets see if thinking people are fooled by it. You post is typical right wing diversion and proves the experts correct about the Right Wing. Our Dicator counts on that.

The "brown shirts" are the mentally ill liberals who make up the "resistance".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 428

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Polls supporting what I stated have been posted here,

Polls mean nothing and can be misleading depending on the questions asked, and who is being asked.  And I doubt that all Americans has(have) been polled, so how can you say 'most Americans'? You mean they mean nothing to you unless the results agree with you. As I said, more than just a few polls have been posted here validating my claim. Newspapers and other news sources have also validated my claim. Can you post reputable sources to disprove what those polls, the newspapers, and news shows have shown?

If you believe the polls, then you still believe that Hillary is President. Oh, I forgot, you already know she is President.

Doubtful that you are that familiar, but if you have I'm sure you've noticed that it isn't the gun that is firing by itself but the person pulling the trigger.  That needs to be addressed before any restriction on firearms or size of magazines. That is just your opinion and that has been tried with background checks, how's it working?

As far as the capacity of the magazines, I've fired off a(an) ammo box full of regular magazines, one at a time, and it took me minimal time to eject the magazine and reload.  It took me less than 30 minutes to empty the ammo container.  That was my final hurrah in firing a(an) M-16. Well good for you !  But limiting magazines to 7 to 9 rounds would cause many more reloads and cause them to carry many more magazines, slowing down a person trying to kill dozens in seconds. Why are you so  against slowing down their capability?

Which is it you like? 7 or 9 rounds. If legislation is written, it must say the maximum rounds. Scout would say one round maximum. You say between 7 and 9. Can't libs settle on anything?

Ahhhh, the obligatory partisan attack from NOTHAPPING....so "quaint".  Most people appreciate the diversity of opinion from those left of far-right extremists. From moderate Republicans to the far left and all that remains between the two.

I most appreciate all the compliments from you - left of the far left posters.

Please let us all know when you get one.

Are you speaking for the collective of all liberals by using the phrase "let us all know" again? No, just like last time, speaking for readers of Conservative nonsense.  But thanks for asking.....

I assume so since you are their most prolific poster.  You should assume much less; you're never even close.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors