Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Most Americans Want Ban on Automatic Rifles

Message 21 of 428

It's sad that many conservatives are more and more on the wrong side of history and social change. The culture has passed them by. 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 428

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Heroin is banned throughout the U.S. yet widely available in Chicago. Your "ban" would work the same way!

More of the knee-jerk comments by the anti-gun crowd.  I don't own guns and don't allow them on my property, but I have no objections to responsible ownership by others.  I do have a problem with those who attempt to force their ideas on others.  That is the pathway for dictatorships and losing constitutional freedoms.

And in addressing the topics blaming Veterans, I was just reading this reader's comment on a media site in response to the shooting in California with restrictive gun control:

"It strikes me that in previous generations, soldiers returning from war also had PTSD. They received no treatment for their condition, and they certainly didn't receive the best treatment from VA centers, yet they didn't go crazy and try to shoot everyone when they felt wronged. Why are people today going on these killing rampages?"

Also remember the last two major shootings wasn't by vets but by young people who managed to get their hands on guns, but thinking back as far as the Second World War onward I can't recall hearing of mass shootings by Veterans except in isolated cases. 

The last mass shooting in Florida had so many red flags yet no one is willing to fix the real problem(s). Many reports of problems with this kid (Cruz) who had police visits some 30+ times. He posted on line that he was going to be the next school shooter. FBI got several tips informing of future problems. He was getting bullied. Police chief who told police "stand down" and wait for SWAT.

Agreed!  How many red flags were there in the largest massacre in US history?  You know, the one where 58 innocent Americans were slaughtered by a wealthy man armed with 28 semi-automatic weapons?

I just question if any of the real problems will be looked at or ever fixed?

Not as long as fascist Conservatives are in control.

As long as the radical left pursues elimination of the 2nd Amendment either outright or incrementally, there will be pushback from gun owners. LOL.....eliminate the 2nd amendment...those who worship Fox News, are so out of touch with reality.....

Does all the left spend their weekend LOLing????  Must leave little time for productive work. Work???? What a dirty word to a liberal.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 428

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010

More of your repetitious 'purty' pictures?  

Image result for eye roll judge judy

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 428

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@john258wrote:

Did Congress vote on the Tariffs? No. Did Congress vote to ban Muslims? No. Will congress vote on  extending the death penalty? No. Congress voted sanctions on Russia, and Trump refused to put them on. Trump is a dictator. We still have an independent investigators because Trump has not found a way he can fire them. Has he tried? Yes but no one would carry out his orders. In time that will change.  How little our far right know. Now all can see how Hitler took over in Germany. Stop the Dicator.

Good points, John.

One atta-boy for a fellow lefty!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 428

@john258wrote:

Did Congress vote on the Tariffs? No. Did Congress vote to ban Muslims? No. Will congress vote on  extending the death penalty? No. Congress voted sanctions on Russia, and Trump refused to put them on. Trump is a dictator. We still have an independent investigators because Trump has not found a way he can fire them. Has he tried? Yes but no one would carry out his orders. In time that will change.  How little our far right know. Now all can see how Hitler took over in Germany. Stop the Dicator.

Good points, John.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 428

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@john258wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@john258wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@john258wrote:

Notice how fast and furious they come back  on the story I posted about in this mornings paper. The followers are just like the Brown shirts covering for what their Dictator wants to do. Lets see if thinking people are fooled by it. You post is typical right wing diversion and proves the experts correct about the Right Wing. Our Dicator counts on that.

The "brown shirts" are the mentally ill liberals who make up the "resistance".

Yep Cent, nothing like the adult discussion offered here from the right !

And also the infantile discussion and LOLing from the radical left.

That is what the followers told the thinking people of Germany when Hitler came to power. We saw what that got the people.

You seem to like Hitler quite a bit so my suggestion is go to Venezuela where they have the type of government you want.

Why? We have the same type of government as Venezuela. A Dictator is taking over here also. All Dictators are right wing.

If a dictator was taking over here you would see radical change without the Congress voting. We had the last dictator who passed many EOs without the vote of Congress which was much fewer than the previous GOP President.  Poor, poor Fox viewers.....

BTW, where there are dictators, you don't have independent investigators (Mueller) trying their utmost to prosecute him so your picture of Trump as a dictator is a figment of YOUR imagination.  He's tried to be a dictator, but thankfully, the Constitution rules the day.  Too bad for his fellow fascists....

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 428

@Centristsin2010

More of your repetitious 'purty' pictures?  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 428

@john258wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Again, there really is no requirement that you post a response, especially when you have nothing to contribute to the discussion..

Now you think you are the judge as to what qualifies as value to the discussion? In my opinion (for whatever value it has), your opinion has no value!

Lets vote on that.  I vote that there is not one opinion that has any truth or value from the Right Wing.

Well, there is that......

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 428

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

the redistribution of wealth by taxation and we'll see where it leads.

What has that to do with this discussion?

What does your comment have to do with it?

Ask Olderscout, he is the one who went off-topic.  But of course you give a pass to another liberal?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 428

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Heroin is banned throughout the U.S. yet widely available in Chicago. Your "ban" would work the same way!

More of the knee-jerk comments by the anti-gun crowd.  I don't own guns and don't allow them on my property, but I have no objections to responsible ownership by others.  I do have a problem with those who attempt to force their ideas on others.  That is the pathway for dictatorships and losing constitutional freedoms.

And in addressing the topics blaming Veterans, I was just reading this reader's comment on a media site in response to the shooting in California with restrictive gun control:

"It strikes me that in previous generations, soldiers returning from war also had PTSD. They received no treatment for their condition, and they certainly didn't receive the best treatment from VA centers, yet they didn't go crazy and try to shoot everyone when they felt wronged. Why are people today going on these killing rampages?"

Also remember the last two major shootings wasn't by vets but by young people who managed to get their hands on guns, but thinking back as far as the Second World War onward I can't recall hearing of mass shootings by Veterans except in isolated cases. 

The last mass shooting in Florida had so many red flags yet no one is willing to fix the real problem(s). Many reports of problems with this kid (Cruz) who had police visits some 30+ times. He posted on line that he was going to be the next school shooter. FBI got several tips informing of future problems. He was getting bullied. Police chief who told police "stand down" and wait for SWAT.

Agreed!  How many red flags were there in the largest massacre in US history?  You know, the one where 58 innocent Americans were slaughtered by a wealthy man armed with 28 semi-automatic weapons?

I just question if any of the real problems will be looked at or ever fixed?

Not as long as fascist Conservatives are in control.

As long as the radical left pursues elimination of the 2nd Amendment either outright or incrementally, there will be pushback from gun owners. LOL.....eliminate the 2nd amendment...those who worship Fox News, are so out of touch with reality.....

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors