Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Most Americans Want Ban on Automatic Rifles

Message 71 of 428

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@john258wrote:

Yes it did and the biggest one was that Cruz was a member of the Far Right. He even had the Nazi symbol in his body art. Get rid of the far right and you will end most of this. That will also cut down the number of mentally ill people as all the far right fit in to that category. Look at our President.

This has nothing to with political opinions nor with what Cruz had tattood on his body.  But plenty about mental illness and is similar to the shooter at Sandy Hook.

Typical answer from the far right followers try and hide the subject. It is about the far right and mental illness. All members of the far right have a mental illness so reduce the far right and you reduce mental illness. Just read the far right posts and they prove it every time.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 428

@john258wrote:

Yes it did and the biggest one was that Cruz was a member of the Far Right. He even had the Nazi symbol in his body art. Get rid of the far right and you will end most of this. That will also cut down the number of mentally ill people as all the far right fit in to that category. Look at our President.

This has nothing to with political opinions nor with what Cruz had tattood on his body.  But plenty about mental illness and is similar to the shooter at Sandy Hook.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 428

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Heroin is banned throughout the U.S. yet widely available in Chicago. Your "ban" would work the same way!

More of the knee-jerk comments by the anti-gun crowd.  I don't own guns and don't allow them on my property, but I have no objections to responsible ownership by others.  I do have a problem with those who attempt to force their ideas on others.  That is the pathway for dictatorships and losing constitutional freedoms.

And in addressing the topics blaming Veterans, I was just reading this reader's comment on a media site in response to the shooting in California with restrictive gun control:

"It strikes me that in previous generations, soldiers returning from war also had PTSD. They received no treatment for their condition, and they certainly didn't receive the best treatment from VA centers, yet they didn't go crazy and try to shoot everyone when they felt wronged. Why are people today going on these killing rampages?"

Also remember the last two major shootings wasn't by vets but by young people who managed to get their hands on guns, but thinking back as far as the Second World War onward I can't recall hearing of mass shootings by Veterans except in isolated cases. 

The last mass shooting in Florida had so many red flags yet no one is willing to fix the real problem(s). Many reports of problems with this kid (Cruz) who had police visits some 30+ times. He posted on line that he was going to be the next school shooter. FBI got several tips informing of future problems. He was getting bullied. Police chief who told police "stand down" and wait for SWAT.

I just question if any of the real problems will be looked at or ever fixed?

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Heroin is banned throughout the U.S. yet widely available in Chicago. Your "ban" would work the same way!

More of the knee-jerk comments by the anti-gun crowd.  I don't own guns and don't allow them on my property, but I have no objections to responsible ownership by others.  I do have a problem with those who attempt to force their ideas on others.  That is the pathway for dictatorships and losing constitutional freedoms.

And in addressing the topics blaming Veterans, I was just reading this reader's comment on a media site in response to the shooting in California with restrictive gun control:

"It strikes me that in previous generations, soldiers returning from war also had PTSD. They received no treatment for their condition, and they certainly didn't receive the best treatment from VA centers, yet they didn't go crazy and try to shoot everyone when they felt wronged. Why are people today going on these killing rampages?"

Also remember the last two major shootings wasn't by vets but by young people who managed to get their hands on guns, but thinking back as far as the Second World War onward I can't recall hearing of mass shootings by Veterans except in isolated cases. 

The last mass shooting in Florida had so many red flags yet no one is willing to fix the real problem(s). Many reports of problems with this kid (Cruz) who had police visits some 30+ times. He posted on line that he was going to be the next school shooter. FBI got several tips informing of future problems. He was getting bullied. Police chief who told police "stand down" and wait for SWAT.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 428

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Rather doubtful.  Those do-gooders here and elsewhere will continue their attacks on the tools used but not the root of the problem.  They'll continue their righteous indignation at gun ownership until its run its course than move on to the next matter to be indignated about. 

Then they'll attempt to force their ideas on everyone whether they like it or not.

Meanwhile the mental health issue will be ignored completely and the cycle will be repeated.  They don't want the problem to be addressed so they can continue their attacks on gun ownership by those who are responsible gun owners.

And here it does appear that they don't want the problem solved so they can engage in attacking anyone that doesn't share their views (and some that does).  It's a game of 'king of the hill' for them and especially the leaders of the cult.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 428

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 428

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 428

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Polls supporting what I stated have been posted here,

Polls mean nothing and can be misleading depending on the questions asked, and who is being asked.  And I doubt that all Americans has(have) been polled, so how can you say 'most Americans'? You mean they mean nothing to you unless the results agree with you. As I said, more than just a few polls have been posted here validating my claim. Newspapers and other news sources have also validated my claim. Can you post reputable sources to disprove what those polls, the newspapers, and news shows have shown?

If you believe the polls, then you still believe that Hillary is President. Oh, I forgot, you already know she is President.

Doubtful that you are that familiar, but if you have I'm sure you've noticed that it isn't the gun that is firing by itself but the person pulling the trigger.  That needs to be addressed before any restriction on firearms or size of magazines. That is just your opinion and that has been tried with background checks, how's it working?

As far as the capacity of the magazines, I've fired off a(an) ammo box full of regular magazines, one at a time, and it took me minimal time to eject the magazine and reload.  It took me less than 30 minutes to empty the ammo container.  That was my final hurrah in firing a(an) M-16. Well good for you !  But limiting magazines to 7 to 9 rounds would cause many more reloads and cause them to carry many more magazines, slowing down a person trying to kill dozens in seconds. Why are you so  against slowing down their capability?

Which is it you like? 7 or 9 rounds. If legislation is written, it must say the maximum rounds. Scout would say one round maximum. You say between 7 and 9. Can't libs settle on anything?

Ahhhh, the obligatory partisan attack from NOTHAPPING....so "quaint".  Most people appreciate the diversity of opinion from those left of far-right extremists. From moderate Republicans to the far left and all that remains between the two.

I most appreciate all the compliments from you - left of the far left posters.

Please let us all know when you get one.

Are you speaking for the collective of all liberals by using the phrase "let us all know" again? I assume so since you are their most prolific poster.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 428

@Richvawrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@MIsekerwrote:

your post, with its demonstration of gun smuggling enabling murder, is odd. you said what the problem is, but refuse to acknowledge it.

So what's wrong with what I said?  Guns are in ample supply in Chicago, mostly hand guns, inspite of laws.  There are guns available in Houston, again mostly hand guns used in crimes. The same around the country.  They were stolen, smuggled from other states, etc.

What have I refused to acknowledge?  If any type of gun is banned, there will be a supply where there is a demand.  Simple economics.

Actually, that has not been the case. In Australia they banned such guns and the street price of an AK-47 rose to $10,000. In America, they are $500 or less. Banning guns in Chicago while allowing unrestricted sales an hour's drive away would seem to be counter productive. The only reasonable ban would be nationwide. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 428

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Polls supporting what I stated have been posted here,

Polls mean nothing and can be misleading depending on the questions asked, and who is being asked.  And I doubt that all Americans has(have) been polled, so how can you say 'most Americans'? You mean they mean nothing to you unless the results agree with you. As I said, more than just a few polls have been posted here validating my claim. Newspapers and other news sources have also validated my claim. Can you post reputable sources to disprove what those polls, the newspapers, and news shows have shown?

If you believe the polls, then you still believe that Hillary is President. Oh, I forgot, you already know she is President.

Doubtful that you are that familiar, but if you have I'm sure you've noticed that it isn't the gun that is firing by itself but the person pulling the trigger.  That needs to be addressed before any restriction on firearms or size of magazines. That is just your opinion and that has been tried with background checks, how's it working?

As far as the capacity of the magazines, I've fired off a(an) ammo box full of regular magazines, one at a time, and it took me minimal time to eject the magazine and reload.  It took me less than 30 minutes to empty the ammo container.  That was my final hurrah in firing a(an) M-16. Well good for you !  But limiting magazines to 7 to 9 rounds would cause many more reloads and cause them to carry many more magazines, slowing down a person trying to kill dozens in seconds. Why are you so  against slowing down their capability?

Which is it you like? 7 or 9 rounds. If legislation is written, it must say the maximum rounds. Scout would say one round maximum. You say between 7 and 9. Can't libs settle on anything?

Ahhhh, the obligatory partisan attack from NOTHAPPING....so "quaint".  Most people appreciate the diversity of opinion from those left of far-right extremists. From moderate Republicans to the far left and all that remains between the two.

I most appreciate all the compliments from you - left of the far left posters.

Please let us all know when you get one.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 428

@Richvawrote:

Actually, that has not been the case. In Australia they banned such guns and the street price of an AK-47 rose to $10,000. In America, they are $500 or less. Banning guns in Chicago while allowing unrestricted sales an hour's drive away would seem to be counter productive. The only reasonable ban would be nationwide. 

And you know that isn't going to happen, at least in the near future.  After the knee-jerk uproar and the cause de jour having its 15 minutes of fame the indignation will move on to other matters.

Kudos
Views