Honored Social Butterfly

Moron TX GOP Rep. Berated Staff for Wearing Masks

Gohmert Aide - "Staffers Are ‘Berated’ For Wearing Masks, Office Is Regularly Full"

Politico playbook author Jake Sherman posted an email ostensibly from an aide to Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Tex.) — who confirmed Wednesday he had tested positive for coronavirus — suggesting Gohmert requires the office to be full and that staffers are berated for wearing masks.

Gohmert reportedly told staffers about his diagnosis in person, which Sherman says has led to a “lot of frustration” towards him.

“Jake, thank you for letting our office know Louie tested positive for the Coronavirus,” the email begins.

The aide claims that Gohmert “requires full staff to be in the office, including three interns, so that ‘we could be an example to America on how to open up safely.’”

“When probing the office, you might want to ask how often people were berated for wearing masks,” they added.

Gohmert, who regularly shirks masks when on Capitol Hill, was reprimanded by Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) for taking off his mask during a House Judiciary Committee hearing — he also walked maskless and in close contact with Attorney General William Barr, whose office now says he will get tested as well.

Forbes has reached out to Gohmert’s office for comment

“I keep being tested, and I don’t have it,” Gohmert told CNN last month. “So I’m not afraid of you, but if I get it I'll wear a mask.” Gohmert’s positive diagnosis came during routine White House testing as part of his now-canceled plans to travel with President Trump to West Texas on Wednesday. Gohmert is reportedly at least the eighth member of Congress to contract the virus, which has exploded in his home state of Texas in recent weeks. 

Gohmert Aide - "Staffers Are ‘Berated’ For Wearing Masks, Office Is Regularly Full" 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Dan Patrick:  the Lt. Gov of Texas has said that old people must just die....

So today:   Turning Point USA (money backer died of Covid 19)

So today:    Herb Cain, Mr. 999  GOP presidential candidate died of Covid 19

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Silver Conversationalist

Louie Gohmert lost the plot long ago.

-------------------------------

The Republican Party lost the plot long ago.

Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.
Donald Trump
Honored Social Butterfly

Louie Gohmert lost the plot long ago.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png