Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
261
Views

Re: More than enough of the idiocy in DC

261 Views
Message 11 of 102

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING 

If deficits mean nothing, why blame Obama for the deficit. And where were repubs in helping to run up debt in the last 6-7 years. 

And what about trump’s promise to pay off the deficit?


I don't blame Obama for the deficit. I blame Obama for doubling our national debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion dollars!


So who are you going to blame for all of the debt that trump and the Republicans pile up?  trump promised that he would reduce the deficit, how come he hasn't done that? how come he has increased the deficit?  He promised to reduce the debt, how come he has piled on more?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
261
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
244
Views

Re: More than enough of the idiocy in DC

244 Views
Message 12 of 102

@cm9889168 wrote:

@MsStretch wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Is the Devil we know better than the one that we don't know?

 

I think if Trump is reelected  it will be the devil unchained. 

 

You can't vote for a monster and put him in office with all the power of the President  and not be a monster yourself.   Right, just look at the Socialist Liberals...they did that in voting for Obomba


You are correct Gruffstuff. Those who voted for and support trump are dirtying themselves with the hatred, bigotry, racism, and corruption surrounding trump and his administration  And again JYO and never any proof/VF Link.....get it all out!!


Again, an attack hate session.  If that's what works for you....what a sad shame.  I know I learned a lot from history.

 


Did you learn from history that Hitler was elected in a free election by using lying propaganda, inducing fear of a race of people and of the sitting political party in power? Those who knew history and recognized it repeating itself didn't support trump, his lying propaganda, nor the Russian's. I'm pretty sure you're confusing Rodham Clinton with the Russians.  And that will all be coming out shortly if you keep up with the REAL News.  One more time - NO Collusion for Pres Trump!! 


Nooo, I learned from history...did you?  Oh that's right (in your own words).  It actually sounds like you're describing the Socialist Liberal party.  Because of the history (that most intelligent Americans did learn from) they DID vote for Donald Trump. 

Many learned from Obomba and his lying propaganda [attacking the 'white' police in his first month when they tried to help a 'black' man] and [choosing BLM over law enforcement - constantly] and especially him 'inducing fear of a race of people and of the sitting political (Conservative) party in power' [Obomba pitting race against race, never supporting other races except black (Jewish for one).

And when he took over the office I thought "well at least he should make race relations better since he's 1/2 white and 1/2 black ::wow was I wrong:::: and now race relations are so much worse since Obomba that the 'racist' word is thrown around like it means nothing; and thanks to the Socialists it doesn't, which is really sad for the Black and Jewish people who suffered greatly. (I suggest you read some books about the Holocaust if you're not familiar).

 

"IF YOU'RE AGAINST EVERYTHING, YOU'RE AGAINST NOTHING"


I don't see (as you put it) any "VF links".  I trust it was an oversight and you will rectify it shortly.


Ditto


So, cm9889168, Where are your "V F Links" for all or your claims, like you so often demand of others?  No links, no validity to any of your claims.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
244
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
240
Views

More than enough of the idiocy in DC

240 Views
Message 13 of 102
 
Don't Blame Obama For Doubling The Federal Deficit
 

Republicans use a sound bite that the federal debt doubled under Obama. In looking at the numbers that is close to being numerically correct but falls short of being 100%. However when you take into account the Great Recession, making W. Bush’s temporary tax cuts permanent, increased Social Security and Medicare spending as more Baby Boomers retire and become 65 years old and the Afghanistan and Iraq wars he inherited the story is quite different.

 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/01/15/obamas-federal-debt-grew-at-a-slower-rate-than-re...

 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
240
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
231
Views

Re: More than enough of the idiocy in DC

231 Views
Message 14 of 102

@williamb39198 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING 

If deficits mean nothing, why blame Obama for the deficit. And where were repubs in helping to run up debt in the last 6-7 years. 

And what about trump’s promise to pay off the deficit?


I don't blame Obama for the deficit. I blame Obama for doubling our national debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion dollars!

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
231
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
219
Views

Re: More than enough of the idiocy in DC

219 Views
Message 15 of 102

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

EdM965653 posted..

Good morning to all-

I see that the present occupant of the White House had a "press meeting" recently- which means only the people he approves of were offically invited. Of course, like most of the present occupant's dealings, it degenerated into a cursing, shouting match and showed yet again just how low, crude, and limited the present occupant and his supporters are.

Friends, if ANY of the previous Presidents had behaved as this present occupant does, he would have been impeached- immediately. Can you imagine if President Obama had done a fraction of the abusive, mean, cruel and let's be honest here- stupid- things the present occupant has done?

Of course, President Obama was a decent, concerned and let's be honest here- intelligent- man, and the present occupant is none of these things.

I hope the rest of the coutnry is getting as weary with the present occupant's behavior and ignorance as I am.

Vote the garbage out. Send them home.

good day to all- Ed

===============================================================

I suggest that you look at what Trump has done not just at some of the things he says.

Food for thought...think about what the Democrat Socialists candidates are suggesting they will do if elected.

They are suggesting change of the highest order: free college, free healthcare to citizens as well as illegal aliens, $15 minimum wage, higher taxes on all, a new wealth tax, reparations for blacks, universal childcare, a new carbon tax, guaranteed income if you work or not, guaranteed housing, Medicare for all.


Boo....does equality and justice for all scare some???


You want equality and justice with other people's money?

"Other people's money" .... that would be money taken away from middle class tax paying Americans to serve as a handout to the already wealthy!

 

The only handouts are to you

Wrong NOTHAPPENING.

I have received no "handouts" as you falsely accuse.

I have, however, received massive state income tax increases at the hands of Republicans who were governing my state!

 

and the liberals who want the new green deal, reparations, minimum wage at $15, guaranteed income for citizens and illegal aliens,free college, and a list of freebies that will bankrupt the country

As NONE of the actions you mentioned are in effect, there NEVER was any "handout" for them!

 

 

- but you and liberals don't care!

Liberals do in fact "care" about the tax paying middle class who were robbed by Republican bandits to fund massive tax cuts for America's most wealthy and wealthy corporations ..... allowing corporations to make billions in profits and pay no taxes on those massive profits!

 

  I only get scared when Democrats start planning for how THEY will waste MY money.

Continued Republican handouts to the most wealthy, the Republican wars, the Republican recession and most recently the Trump/Republican tax scam clearly indicates that it's the Republicans who are wasting your money NOTHAPPENING!


Do you insist on tax cuts going to people not paying taxes.

No NOTHAPPENING .... I never stated nor advanced any such absurd action as you falsely implied. As such, you have generated yet another straw man argument!

Enough with your strawmen argument.  You and liberals like you are always looking for others to fund you and other liberal causes.

  Typical liberal thought process.

No .... typical straw man argument generated when conservatives are unable to factually counter an argument that negates what they would like to believe.

Enough with your strawmen argument. You and liberals like you are always looking for others to fund you and other liberal causes.


 


 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
219
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
259
Views

Re: : More than enough of the idiocy in DC

259 Views
Message 16 of 102

@KidBoy2 wrote:
CT Posted....

The value of the stock market more than TRIPLED during President Obama's 8 years in office.

===========================================================

So?

So that fact further proves Trump inherited a highly vibrant economy from President Obama .... the economy whose coat tails Trump now rides on!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
259
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
255
Views

Re: More than enough of the idiocy in DC

255 Views
Message 17 of 102

@KidBoy2 wrote:
myexper posted..


America's economic recovery from the Bush/Republican recession occurred under President Obama's administration and resulted from economic actions directed by President Obama.

Trump is merely riding on the coat tails of President Obama's highly successful economic recovery actions!

=========================================================
You and the people that buy that story show their lack of knowledge on the how and why we have a recession and why and how we get out of it. Obama is not the reason the economy recovered.


Why don't you enlighten us then?

 

In the meantime, a couple of links for your reading pleasure:

 

The starting point must be with Mr Obama’s inheritance: the economy was in free fall in early 2009. As the report notes, perfectly correctly: “It is easy to forget how close the US economy came to an outright depression during the crisis. Indeed, by a number of macroeconomic measures . . . the first year of the Great Recession . . . saw larger declines than at the outset of the Great Depression in 1929-30.”

Responsibility for the successful recovery does not rest with this administration alone: the administration of George W Bush was responsible for the immediate response (though bearing some responsibility for the severity of the crisis); the US Federal Reserve acted effectively; and Congress passed important legislation. Yet, shockingly, most congressional Republicans opposed all significant monetary, financial and fiscal actions taken to deal with the crisis.

The Obama administration implemented a number of important fiscal measures, notably the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. It also provided strong moral support for the Fed (including the reappointment of Ben Bernanke, who had been President Bush’s nominee). The administration also restored the financial sector faster than expected and carried out a highly successful rescue of the car industry.

About that debt and deficit, check these out:

 

  • Business Insider - The US national debt just pushed past $22 trillion — here's how Trump's $2 trillion in debt compares with Obama, Bush, and Clinton
  • The Balance - US Debt by President by Dollar and Percent

 

I'm still thinking sounding and looking like "coattails" here, but regardless, Trump did NOT inherit an economy in dire straits like his predecessor who brought us back from the brink of a depression.

 



    

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
255
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
254
Views

Re: More than enough of the idiocy in DC

254 Views
Message 18 of 102

@KidBoy2 wrote:
myexper posted..


America's economic recovery from the Bush/Republican recession occurred under President Obama's administration and resulted from economic actions directed by President Obama.

Trump is merely riding on the coat tails of President Obama's highly successful economic recovery actions!

=========================================================
You and the people that buy that story
A highly FACTUAL story KidBoy2 .... You omitted that!

show their lack of knowledge on the how and why we have a recession and why and how we get out of it.
Wrong AGAIN KidBoy2 ...... The last recession was due to Republican deregulation. President Obama got us out of it with the successful economic actions he took!

Obama is not the reason the economy recovered.
Documented FACTS clearly show otherwise KidBoy2.
From the previous Republican administration, President Obama inherited an economy in a massive recession, the worst recession since the Great Depression.
In contrast, Trump inherited a vibrant economy created by President Obama's highly successful recovery actions.
As such, Trump rides on the coat tails of President Obama's economic recovery actions!

 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
254
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
276
Views

Re: : More than enough of the idiocy in DC

276 Views
Message 19 of 102

@CriticalThinking 

Does it strike you that some people apparently did not live on this planet during the 2008-2016 years?

Or their view is so clouded by the trump cult lies, that any true perspective of the past no longer exists...more attempts to rewrite history, even at the expense of being untrue!

Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
276
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
274
Views

Re: More than enough of the idiocy in DC

274 Views
Message 20 of 102

@cm9889168 wrote:

 


@myexper wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
JANMB posted...

The USA NEEDS to do something about the Electoral College----For the second time in twelve years and the fifth time in the nation’s history the winner of the popular vote lost the electoral vote and therefore the presidency. ( BELOW ISTHE POPULAR VOTE) Clinton: 65,844,610 (48.2%) Trump: 62,979,636 (46.1%) Others: 7,804,213(5.7%) This is how the THIRD WORLD holds elections..... We had PUTIN interferring(sic) and otherwise members of the Electoral College messing with the votes.

========================================

"We had PUTIN interferring(sic) and otherwise members of the Electoral College messing with the votes.'

And you know that because? MSNBC?


I do not think you understand why we have the EC.

Sounds like poor losers..why only complain when they lose?  Votes were played and messed with when Obomba won......where were you when all those dead people voted?  Twice even?  And some live people voted twice?

Any VF Links to that statement cm.......?

 

And now complaining about the electoral democratic system we've had for years? 

Just because it's old doesn't mean it still has any useful function in today's voting system, other than to make it easier for Russia to focus on what is the best combination of states to interject their interference for maximum electoral vote totals .... just as they did in the last presidential election.

I don't see any VF link on this?

Look below ....

 
So where are the "VF links" you were asked to provide?
 

  It should be easy now that the 'investigation' on the Socialist Libs (Clinton for one) has begun...it will all be out soon.

Yup .... "it will soon be out" that the 'investigation' of Clinton was just another witch hunt to evade from Trump's numerous obstruction of justice incidents described in the Mueller Report!  

 


I never said if it was useful or not. 

Actually, your statement regarding the "electoral democratic system we've had for years" certainly suggests that you do indeed find it useful based on its age.  I think you're reading what you want it to say, but that never was what I said. I said our country has been using it for years but you never complained under Dictator Obomba (twice) but now you complain under Pres Trump because Liberals lost in 2016.

You failed to mention that President Obama also won the popular vote ...."TWICE" .... unlike Trump who lost the popular vote and only won via an antiquated electoral system and Russian interference!

 

Just strange that the Alt Left didn't complain about it when Obomba won twice and there had been reports of 'dead people' voting, and some people voting more than once (mail-in and in person). And NOW that they lost they whine about it. 

An enormous evasion .... NOTHING to do with our antiquated electoral system.

Here comes the complaining again with no action.  Plus, the topic was NOT about that anyway so I wasn't evading anything. I just was answering your question.

Wrong again cm9889168 as I posed no question to you! Thus ... just another evasion.

 

Americans are tired of listening to the Socialist Liberals constantly talking about it..

SO where's your VF link on that accusatory generalization?

 

if YOU don't like it, then work to change it; but please stop complaining about it if you don't.

Complaining about it enough, by enough people, will lead to changing it.

That's not true, eventually it becomes blah blah blah when it's the same whining and the person whining doesn't bother to do something to change it...like an action.

Wrong again ...... Complaining IS an action

 

 

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.”  Gandhi

Ghandi was not aware of Republican obstruction to changes which could benefit ALL Americans!

See....you have to argue about everything

Stating facts is a valid argument to counter misapplication of quotes.


So where are all the VF links that you were asked to provide? You demand them of others while you fail to provide any when asked to do so.


Where are yours? 

Right in this very thread!

SO once AGAIN cm9889168 .... where are yours?

 

 

I kept asking you for yours but nothing.

Not true. I have provided links upon your numerous requests.

 

  I never 'demanded' but asked since that was what AARP said we should be posting.

Yet you fail to do so.

 

  If it is something I'm quoting, by all means I'll post one. 

Yet you demand that other posters post links even when it doesn't include anything they're quoting.

As such, you exempt yourself from the very standards you demand of others!

 

 

I noticed a lot of Socialist Liberals never post them and then some say 'it's a fact' like we're all suppose to trust them lol. 

Wrong again cm9889168!

Because you chose to ignore the numerous links others post does not mean that they were not provided!

 

Then when some links are posted it has to be from the Fake News or they don't believe it.

So which sources utilized render your baseless accusation as "fake news"?

Your other accusatory statement makes no sense.

 

 

  What the Socialists trust in and what the Conservatives trust are always different.

True Americans trust in the Constitution.

Conservatives trust in their immoral, unethical, criminal leader .... Trump .... who feels that he is above the law and our Constitution!

 

"The media has one job, and they fail at it daily."

Not all of the media .... just Fox News!


 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
274
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors