Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: More than enough of the idiocy in DC

Message 1 of 102

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

You want equality and justice with other people's money?

"Other people's money" .... that would be money taken away from middle class tax paying Americans to serve as a handout to the already wealthy!

The only handouts are to you

Wrong NOTHAPPENING.

I have received no "handouts" as you falsely accuse.

I have, however, received massive state income tax increases at the hands of Republicans who were governing my state!

and the liberals who want the new green deal, reparations, minimum wage at $15, guaranteed income for citizens and illegal aliens,free college, and a list of freebies that will bankrupt the country

As NONE of the actions you mentioned are in effect, there NEVER was any "handout" for them!

- but you and liberals don't care!

Liberals do in fact "care" about the tax paying middle class who were robbed by Republican bandits to fund massive tax cuts for America's most wealthy and wealthy corporations ..... allowing corporations to make billions in profits and pay no taxes on those massive profits!

I only get scared when Democrats start planning for how THEY will waste MY money.

Continued Republican handouts to the most wealthy, the Republican wars, the Republican recession and most recently the Trump/Republican tax scam clearly indicates that it's the Republicans who are wasting your money NOTHAPPENING!

Do you insist on tax cuts going to people not paying taxes.

No NOTHAPPENING .... I never stated nor advanced any such absurd action as you falsely implied. As such, you have generated yet another straw man argument!

Enough with your strawmen argument. 

You and liberals like you are always looking for others to fund you and other liberal causes.

Typical liberal thought process.

No .... typical straw man argument generated when conservatives are unable to factually counter an argument that negates what they would like to believe.

Enough with your strawmen argument. You and liberals like you are always looking for others to fund you and other liberal causes.

I have made no straw man argument NOTHAPPENING.

I did, however, address your straw man argument wherein you questioned me on a comment that I never made .... hence creating a straw man!

You have no idea about my finances yet make an insulting personal attack stating that I am unable to fund myself.

I do fund myself NOTHAPPENING, contrary to your insulting false claim!

And with the massive tax cuts Trump handed out to the most wealthy, I am also forced to fund wealthy people with more Republican handouts!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 102

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Part of what John258 posted..

" As the article tells us Bush 2 got a really good carry forwarded economy from Clinton.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That is not true. The economy wass going down as Clinton left office...remember? I do. The dot-com boom that lifted the market...not Clinton, had ended when Bush 2 was elected. Then there was 9/11 and you must remember what that did to our economy.

You can post your left wing opinions but you can not change what has happened .

You better go back and look again. If you do you will find that there were articles being written by economists about what would happen if we paid down to much of the National Debt. They were worried the Feds would not be able to use the normal tools to control the up and down that takes place. You need to relook at your memory. 9/11 was used by the necons as the ruse to take us to war. The first error Bush made was his tax cuts which were not paid for but came from what he got passed on from Clinton. The second error was allowing his VP  to run foreign policy. Go see the movie Vice it will explain it all to you in detail.  The proof on the necons came during the 2nd Bush term when it got so bad daddy got into it, and you saw quite a few leave. Like Rummey is an example. They were replaced by people who had served in the Bush 1 era. The sec. of defence stayed on in the Obama Admin.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 102

Part of what John258 posted..

" As the article tells us Bush 2 got a really good carry forwarded economy from Clinton.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That is not true. The economy was going down as Clinton left office...remember? I do. The dot-com boom that lifted the market had ended when Bush 2 was elected. Then there was 9/11 and you must remember what that did to our economy.

You can post your left wing opinions but you can not change what has happened .

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 102

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:
Wrong again John.  You must find another "expert".

Barack Obama: Added $8.588 trillion, a 74 percent increase from the $11.657 trillion debt at the end of Bush’s last budget, FY 2009.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296

Guess what if you read and understand the support article you use it supports what I said so in this case your support article is my expert. One thing that is needed is an understanding of economics. I did have a few of those courses. The support article clearly tells you that you can not rely on the usual numbers to get a true understanding of what happened. You have to break out of the numbers what part belong to each President. Here is an example. If a President has a recession during his time in office there is a budget cost to get us out of it. It can take up to 10 years as is pointed out the the support article. All the money spent to do that should be charged to the President who got us into the problem. As the article tells us Bush 2 got a really good carry forwarded economy from Clinton. The support article then tells us what Bush 2 did to allow the recession to happen so he then gets the money charged to him for the full recovery. Here is another example. Roosevelt got a Depression from the Reb. He reversed it, but the big effort that really ended it was WW2 spending which was more then offset by the extra money spent on the war. There is more to this story so after one completes a study of economics they will have not trouble understand that part.

Interesting that I posted this same link earlier in this thread.  That's because I got the same takeaway you did, @john258 .  It is not as black and white as Trumpnomics.

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 102

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Don't Blame Obama For Doubling The Federal Deficit

Republicans use a sound bite that the federal debt doubled under Obama. In looking at the numbers that is close to being numerically correct but falls short of being 100%. However when you take into account the Great Recession, making W. Bush’s temporary tax cuts permanent, increased Social Security and Medicare spending as more Baby Boomers retire and become 65 years old and the Afghanistan and Iraq wars he inherited the story is quite different.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/01/15/obamas-federal-debt-grew-at-a-slower-rate-than-re...

I don't blame Obama for the deficit. I blame Obama for doubling our national debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion dollars!

Great. You are correct not to blame Obama for the deficit. Now you are not correct about our national debt. That came from Bush 2 and his wars plus bad Reb. economic policy which Obama corrected. How about what is happening now. Did I hear we have over a one trillion deficit and the national debt has to be raised again. All due to Trump tax cuts which were not paid for. Did I hear Trump has increased spending and it all flowed into the deficit.  Question for you. Leader Trump said his followers were wrong when they said or posted Go back to where you came from, or leave the USA if you are unhappy with Trump. He said they should not do that. When will we see apologies for all the enablers. They should not speak on anything until they follow their leader. If they leave their leader that would not apply. Since you disagree with Trump on the deficit have you left him?

Barack Obama: Added $8.588 trillion, a 74 percent increase from the $11.657 trillion debt at the end of Bush’s last budget, FY 2009.

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Republicans use a sound bite that the federal debt doubled under Obama. In looking at the numbers that is close to being numerically correct but falls short of being 100%. However when you take into account the Great Recession, making W. Bush’s temporary tax cuts permanent, increased Social Security and Medicare spending as more Baby Boomers retire and become 65 years old and the Afghanistan and Iraq wars he inherited the story is quite different.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/01/15/obamas-federal-debt-grew-at-a-slower-rate-than-re...

I don't blame Obama for the deficit. I blame Obama for doubling our national debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion dollars!

Great. You are correct not to blame Obama for the deficit. Now you are not correct about our national debt. That came from Bush 2 and his wars plus bad Reb. economic policy which Obama corrected. How about what is happening now. Did I hear we have over a one trillion deficit and the national debt has to be raised again. All due to Trump tax cuts which were not paid for. Did I hear Trump has increased spending and it all flowed into the deficit.  Question for you. Leader Trump said his followers were wrong when they said or posted Go back to where you came from, or leave the USA if you are unhappy with Trump. He said they should not do that. When will we see apologies for all the enablers. They should not speak on anything until they follow their leader. If they leave their leader that would not apply. Since you disagree with Trump on the deficit have you left him?

Guess what if you read and understand the support article you use it supports what I said so in this case your support article is my expert. One thing that is needed is an understanding of economics. I did have a few of those courses. The support article clearly tells you that you can not rely on the usual numbers to get a true understanding of what happened. You have to break out of the numbers what part belong to each President. Here is an example. If a President has a recession during his time in office there is a budget cost to get us out of it. It can take up to 10 years as is pointed out the the support article. All the money spent to do that should be charged to the President who got us into the problem. As the article tells us Bush 2 got a really good carry forwarded economy from Clinton. The support article then tells us what Bush 2 did to allow the recession to happen so he then gets the money charged to him for the full recovery. Here is another example. Roosevelt got a Depression from the Reb. He reversed it, but the big effort that really ended it was WW2 spending which was more then offset by the extra money spent on the war. There is more to this story so after one completes a study of economics they will have not trouble understand that part.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 102

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 102

tRrump is a bone spur coward - a pathological liar - over 10,000 lies thus far - and a man who committed treason at Helsinki when he stood next to Putin - America's enemy - and backed up and supported the statements of a man who is dedicated to destroying America.

Can't say that I agree with those who approve of a moron who is too stupid and dishonest to do what's good for the long term health and well-being of The United States of America...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 102

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 102

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING 

If deficits mean nothing, why blame Obama for the deficit. And where were repubs in helping to run up debt in the last 6-7 years. 

And what about trump’s promise to pay off the deficit?

So who are you going to blame for all of the debt that trump and the Republicans pile up?  trump promised that he would reduce the deficit, how come he hasn't done that? how come he has increased the deficit?  He promised to reduce the debt, how come he has piled on more?

Use Google to prove this to yourself.  Obama doubled the debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion dollars in ONLY 8 years (an increase of 100%).  Trump pushed that debt up from $20 trillion to $22 trillion dollars in 3 years (an increase of 10%).

Which guy is best at managing debt?  The left will still insist Obama but those are the FACTS!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 102

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors