Super Contributor

More than enough of the idiocy in DC

Good morning to all-

I see that the present occupant of the White House had a "press meeting" recently- which means only the people he approves of were offically invited. Of course, like most of the present occupant's dealings, it degenerated into a cursing, shouting match and showed yet again just how low, crude, and limited the present occupant and his supporters are.

Friends, if ANY of the previous Presidents had behaved as this present occupant does, he would have been impeached- immediately.  Can you imagine if President Obama had done a fraction of the abusive, mean, cruel and let's be honest here- stupid- things the present occupant has done?

Of course, President Obama was a decent, concerned and let's be honest here- intelligent- man, and the present occupant is none of these things.

I hope the rest of the coutnry is getting as weary with the present occupant's behavior and ignorance as I am.

Vote the garbage out. Send them home.

good day to all- Ed

Honored Social Butterfly

Don't Blame Obama For Doubling The Federal Deficit

Republicans use a sound bite that the federal debt doubled under Obama. In looking at the numbers that is close to being numerically correct but falls short of being 100%. However when you take into account the Great Recession, making W. Bush’s temporary tax cuts permanent, increased Social Security and Medicare spending as more Baby Boomers retire and become 65 years old and the Afghanistan and Iraq wars he inherited the story is quite different.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/01/15/obamas-federal-debt-grew-at-a-slower-rate-than-re...

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Republicans use a sound bite that the federal debt doubled under Obama. In looking at the numbers that is close to being numerically correct but falls short of being 100%. However when you take into account the Great Recession, making W. Bush’s temporary tax cuts permanent, increased Social Security and Medicare spending as more Baby Boomers retire and become 65 years old and the Afghanistan and Iraq wars he inherited the story is quite different.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/01/15/obamas-federal-debt-grew-at-a-slower-rate-than-re...

I don't blame Obama for the deficit. I blame Obama for doubling our national debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion dollars!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I don't blame Obama for the deficit. I blame Obama for doubling our national debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion dollars!

Great. You are correct not to blame Obama for the deficit. Now you are not correct about our national debt. That came from Bush 2 and his wars plus bad Reb. economic policy which Obama corrected. How about what is happening now. Did I hear we have over a one trillion deficit and the national debt has to be raised again. All due to Trump tax cuts which were not paid for. Did I hear Trump has increased spending and it all flowed into the deficit.  Question for you. Leader Trump said his followers were wrong when they said or posted Go back to where you came from, or leave the USA if you are unhappy with Trump. He said they should not do that. When will we see apologies for all the enablers. They should not speak on anything until they follow their leader. If they leave their leader that would not apply. Since you disagree with Trump on the deficit have you left him?

Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Great. You are correct not to blame Obama for the deficit. Now you are not correct about our national debt. That came from Bush 2 and his wars plus bad Reb. economic policy which Obama corrected. How about what is happening now. Did I hear we have over a one trillion deficit and the national debt has to be raised again. All due to Trump tax cuts which were not paid for. Did I hear Trump has increased spending and it all flowed into the deficit.  Question for you. Leader Trump said his followers were wrong when they said or posted Go back to where you came from, or leave the USA if you are unhappy with Trump. He said they should not do that. When will we see apologies for all the enablers. They should not speak on anything until they follow their leader. If they leave their leader that would not apply. Since you disagree with Trump on the deficit have you left him?

Wrong again John.  You must find another "expert".

Barack Obama: Added $8.588 trillion, a 74 percent increase from the $11.657 trillion debt at the end of Bush’s last budget, FY 2009.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Barack Obama: Added $8.588 trillion, a 74 percent increase from the $11.657 trillion debt at the end of Bush’s last budget, FY 2009.

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Guess what if you read and understand the support article you use it supports what I said so in this case your support article is my expert. One thing that is needed is an understanding of economics. I did have a few of those courses. The support article clearly tells you that you can not rely on the usual numbers to get a true understanding of what happened. You have to break out of the numbers what part belong to each President. Here is an example. If a President has a recession during his time in office there is a budget cost to get us out of it. It can take up to 10 years as is pointed out the the support article. All the money spent to do that should be charged to the President who got us into the problem. As the article tells us Bush 2 got a really good carry forwarded economy from Clinton. The support article then tells us what Bush 2 did to allow the recession to happen so he then gets the money charged to him for the full recovery. Here is another example. Roosevelt got a Depression from the Reb. He reversed it, but the big effort that really ended it was WW2 spending which was more then offset by the extra money spent on the war. There is more to this story so after one completes a study of economics they will have not trouble understand that part.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Guess what if you read and understand the support article you use it supports what I said so in this case your support article is my expert. One thing that is needed is an understanding of economics. I did have a few of those courses. The support article clearly tells you that you can not rely on the usual numbers to get a true understanding of what happened. You have to break out of the numbers what part belong to each President. Here is an example. If a President has a recession during his time in office there is a budget cost to get us out of it. It can take up to 10 years as is pointed out the the support article. All the money spent to do that should be charged to the President who got us into the problem. As the article tells us Bush 2 got a really good carry forwarded economy from Clinton. The support article then tells us what Bush 2 did to allow the recession to happen so he then gets the money charged to him for the full recovery. Here is another example. Roosevelt got a Depression from the Reb. He reversed it, but the big effort that really ended it was WW2 spending which was more then offset by the extra money spent on the war. There is more to this story so after one completes a study of economics they will have not trouble understand that part.

Interesting that I posted this same link earlier in this thread.  That's because I got the same takeaway you did, @john258 .  It is not as black and white as Trumpnomics.

Honored Social Butterfly

Part of what John258 posted..

" As the article tells us Bush 2 got a really good carry forwarded economy from Clinton.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That is not true. The economy was going down as Clinton left office...remember? I do. The dot-com boom that lifted the market had ended when Bush 2 was elected. Then there was 9/11 and you must remember what that did to our economy.

You can post your left wing opinions but you can not change what has happened .

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Part of what John258 posted..

" As the article tells us Bush 2 got a really good carry forwarded economy from Clinton.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That is not true. The economy wass going down as Clinton left office...remember? I do. The dot-com boom that lifted the market...not Clinton, had ended when Bush 2 was elected. Then there was 9/11 and you must remember what that did to our economy.

You can post your left wing opinions but you can not change what has happened .

You better go back and look again. If you do you will find that there were articles being written by economists about what would happen if we paid down to much of the National Debt. They were worried the Feds would not be able to use the normal tools to control the up and down that takes place. You need to relook at your memory. 9/11 was used by the necons as the ruse to take us to war. The first error Bush made was his tax cuts which were not paid for but came from what he got passed on from Clinton. The second error was allowing his VP  to run foreign policy. Go see the movie Vice it will explain it all to you in detail.  The proof on the necons came during the 2nd Bush term when it got so bad daddy got into it, and you saw quite a few leave. Like Rummey is an example. They were replaced by people who had served in the Bush 1 era. The sec. of defence stayed on in the Obama Admin.

Honored Social Butterfly

During President Obama's 8 Years:

Our major banks were saved

• GM and Chrysler were saved
  • Bin Laden was killed along with hundreds of Al Qaeda leaders
  • 3/4 of ISIS was eliminated
  • A treaty was signed with Iran which stopped their progress towards a nuclear bomb
  • Health Care: Pre-Conditions were eliminated
  • Health Care: Self-Employed, Those who work for a company with no health plan, and those who lost their job, could finally buy health insurance.
  • Corporate profits were booming the last 4 years of his administration, with many records set
  • Unemployment was cut by more than one half
  • We had a president who was a family man and someone who respected and obeyed the rule of law
Honored Social Butterfly

The value of the stock market more than TRIPLED during President Obama's 8 years in office.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking 

Does it strike you that some people apparently did not live on this planet during the 2008-2016 years?

Or their view is so clouded by the trump cult lies, that any true perspective of the past no longer exists...more attempts to rewrite history, even at the expense of being untrue!

Honored Social Butterfly

CT Posted....

The value of the stock market more than TRIPLED during President Obama's 8 years in office.

===========================================================

So?
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
CT Posted....

===========================================================

So?

So that fact further proves Trump inherited a highly vibrant economy from President Obama .... the economy whose coat tails Trump now rides on!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

I still remember how GW Bush's Tax Cuts for the wealthy were gonna Trickle Down to the 99% and what happened ?

Great Recession !!

Honored Social Butterfly

@mandm84 wrote:

I still remember how GW Bush's Tax Cuts for the wealthy were gonna Trickle Down to the 99% and what happened ?

Great Recession !!

You liberals have to understand that tax cuts go to the people ACTUALLY paying taxes, don't you?  If 47% pay no tax, then they don't benefit from ANY tax cuts.  Oh, I get it - you want those that pay no taxes get some money from those paying the taxes - typical liberal thinking.

Honored Social Butterfly

www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/10/dc-mayor-muriel-bowser-trumps...
DC mayor says Trump's Fourth of July celebration emptied security fund. In a letter to Trump, Mayor Muriel Bowser says the city spent about $1.7 million on Trump's "July 4th holiday activities   

NOT THE REPUBLICAN millionaire/billionaire  ENTITLEMENT PROGRAMS  !!!    Let me be clear about that.    BUT the republicans feel.....the FAIR negotiations with democrats in congress  would mean attacking what they call "entitlement" programs like healthcare---social security---unemployment---welfare----children or disabled benefits.  

Republicans in essense believe the 98% of us  should pay for the 2% who are  wealthy and their corporations to engage in more  obscene profit taking via tax breaks.

This is a bountiful country that can afford anything it prioritizes....let us never forget that and remind our leaders of it.     

Honored Social Butterfly

And let's not forget the tens of thousands of decent people who succumbed to the Republican character assassination of Hillary, from the gutless FBI director who just HAD to tell everyone he was investigating Hillary's FRIEND'S emails, but could not bring himself to revela the Bureau had been investigating donny Bonespurs for TREASON with Russia, and all the way down to those who were so upset Bernie lost the nomination they wrote him in or stayed home.

Yep, America has a ToadPOTUS, a utter buffoon who has given great joy to the bloodthursty tyrants he betrays his country to and deep concern from our former allies in NATO and South Korea. We also have a Fascist SCOTUS and Federal Bench that will prevent fair electionss for the next GENERATION - great work Hillary Haters.

So just remember folks, there IS a difference - Republican Regressives will support any Babyruth that floats up in their punchbowl, so the Progressive Democrats must support the good, decent people we nominate in 2020 and everafter or our grandkids are doomed.

Gold Conversationalist

@Olderscout66 wrote:

And let's not forget the tens of thousands of decent people who succumbed to the Republican character assassination of Hillary, from the gutless FBI director who just HAD to tell everyone he was investigating Hillary's FRIEND'S emails, but could not bring himself to revela the Bureau had been investigating donny Bonespurs for TREASON with Russia, and all the way down to those who were so upset Bernie lost the nomination they wrote him in or stayed home.

Yep, America has a ToadPOTUS, a utter buffoon who has given great joy to the bloodthursty tyrants he betrays his country to and deep concern from our former allies in NATO and South Korea. We also have a Fascist SCOTUS and Federal Bench that will prevent fair electionss for the next GENERATION - great work Hillary Haters.

So just remember folks, there IS a difference - Republican Regressives will support any Babyruth that floats up in their punchbowl, so the Progressive Democrats must support the good, decent people we nominate in 2020 and everafter or our grandkids are doomed.

Well okay, that didn't say much except I hope you feel better getting that off your chest (for the 50th time). It seems to be what the Alt Left Socialists want is just to have a back and forth Attack Session...and where does that go???  We can go on a tirad about the damage Obomba did to our country as he 'fundamentally changed it', too.

So let's be adults (I think we're suppose to be over 55, right?)  And quit with the colorful, made-up nasty names about fellow Americans and our President, and what you prefer in your punchbowl and for candy.

“Hatred corrodes the container it’s carried in.”

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@cm9889168 wrote:

Well okay, that didn't say much except I hope you feel better getting that off your chest (for the 50th time). It seems to be what the Alt Left Socialists want is just to have a back and forth Attack Session...and where does that go???  We can go on a tirad about the damage Obomba did to our country as he 'fundamentally changed it', too.

So let's be adults (I think we're suppose to be over 55, right?)  And quit with the colorful, made-up nasty names about fellow Americans and our President, and what you prefer in your punchbowl and for candy.

“Hatred corrodes the container it’s carried in.”

Busted.  rotfl3.gif

Honored Social Butterfly

ChasKy53 wrote (in blue text)
@cm9889168 wrote:

Well okay, that didn't say much except I hope you feel better getting that off your chest (for the 50th time). And ignored for the 50th time in what is supposed to be reasonable debate. It seems to be what the Alt Left Socialists want is just to have a back and forth Attack Session...and where does that go??? And calling the Left the "Alt Left Socialists" continues what you call the "Attack Session".  We can go on a tirad(sic) about the damage Obomba(sic) did to our country as he 'fundamentally changed it', too. Purposely spelling Obama's name in the way you did purposely continues what you call the "Attack Session". Yes, Obama made a change, he got us into recovery from the bush/Republican caused greatest recession that America has had since the Great depression. Thanks for (accidentally) pointing that out.

So let's be adults Yes, let's (I think we're suppose to be over 55, right?) Says the poster that keeps calling Obama "Obomba" and the Left the "Alt Left Socialists"  And quit with the colorful, made-up nasty names about fellow Americans and our President, and what you prefer in your punchbowl and for candy. Says that poster that makes this statement after referring to the left as the "Alt Left Socialists" and to Obama as "Obomba", LOL!

“Hatred corrodes the container it’s carried in.”  Yes it does and the Extreme Left's container in corroded and leaking hatred everywhere.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

EdM965653 posted..

Good morning to all-

I see that the present occupant of the White House had a "press meeting" recently- which means only the people he approves of were offically invited. Of course, like most of the present occupant's dealings, it degenerated into a cursing, shouting match and showed yet again just how low, crude, and limited the present occupant and his supporters are.

Friends, if ANY of the previous Presidents had behaved as this present occupant does, he would have been impeached- immediately. Can you imagine if President Obama had done a fraction of the abusive, mean, cruel and let's be honest here- stupid- things the present occupant has done?

Of course, President Obama was a decent, concerned and let's be honest here- intelligent- man, and the present occupant is none of these things.

I hope the rest of the coutnry is getting as weary with the present occupant's behavior and ignorance as I am.

good day to all- Ed

===============================================================

I suggest that you look at what Trump has done not just at some of the things he says.

Food for thought...think about what the Democrat Socialists candidates are suggesting they will do if elected.
Regular Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

EdM965653 posted..

Good morning to all-

Friends, if ANY of the previous Presidents had behaved as this present occupant does, he would have been impeached- immediately. Can you imagine if President Obama had done a fraction of the abusive, mean, cruel and let's be honest here- stupid- things the present occupant has done?

good day to all- Ed

I suggest that you look at what Trump has done not just at some of the things he says.

Food for thought...think about what the Democrat Socialists candidates are suggesting they will do if elected.

It appears that a fair and equal society along with leadership with qualities earning such, does indeed scare many?! From what I see, this President is doing a fine job at causing disruption, divisiveness and corruption, so yep, he is doing a great job at that! After all, that's what he was hired for, right?

Honored Social Butterfly

When constant falsehoods and lies don't bother one , who are you , really ?

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

EdM965653 posted..

Good morning to all-

good day to all- Ed

Actually, he is looking "at what Trump has done". Hence the post he made!

Yup .... help for all Americans and not more handouts to the already wealthy!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

• Address immigration legislation
  • Rebuild relationships with our allies Trump has destroyed
  • Work WITH Iran to, again, stop their bomb development
  • Address climate change
  • and on and on and on.
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Correct,  yes, that is the problem we are all seeing what Trump has done and we fear that we will have to see it another four years.
Hoping that we won't

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Correct,  yes, that is the problem we are all seeing what Trump has done and we fear that we will have to see it another four years.
Hoping that we won't

Did you vote for trump in 2016? If so, you helped cause all of this.

So are you going to vote Democrat in 2020 to help get trump out?

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

rker321: 

Hoping that we won't

That's the truth. It's hilarious how we see what Trump is actually doing while his cult sees unicorns being ridden by lovely fairies everywhere in America because Fox tells them that's what they see. At this point I think reality would be such a shock to their system they couldn't take it.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum wrote:

rker321: 

Hoping that we won't

That's the truth. It's hilarious how we see what Trump is actually doing while his cult sees unicorns being ridden by lovely fairies everywhere in America because Fox tells them that's what they see. At this point I think reality would be such a shock to their system they couldn't take it.

They DON'T see anything because FOX tells them so.  Instead they see and hear what the left will do if they get power - all bad for the U.S.  !!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png