Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: More immigration incompetence

Message 1 of 51

@Richva wrote:

Actually, the topic is about another example of Trump's incompetence. He knew thousands of migrants were headed to our border and would need processing yet did nothing to meet the coming demand for services.  I am not sure if this was intentional incompetence or just part of the long history of incompetence he has demonstrated both in and out of the White House.  (I would be happy to provide a very long list if you want)

I repeat my claim that if Trump were running a McDonald's this way, he would lose his franchise. In short, he is not competent enough to be a McManager.

Perhaps he should have approached a Temp Agency for umpteen hundreds of interviewers, ran them through abbreviated training then they could turn the migrants away since the majority apparently doesn't meet the criteria for admission [economic reasons isn't grounds for amnesty or refugee status] according to immigration law?

Of course, he did call in expert help in reinforcing the border, so they couldn't force their way in like they did on the southern Mexican border.  Imagine them breaking through the border like a foreign army into New Mexico or Nevada. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

If one had a contemporary that got dishonorably discharged 80 years ago; that contemporary must be somewhere around 98.

Additionally, that the story was told at all was an attempt to intimate that I, @nctarheel, must have had some NEGATIVE HISTORY in the military since I don't make a habit of touting my service.

Give it a rest.  You keep trying to make it about yourself.  I was referring to a friend who was older than myself, and not about you.  Your keeping the this alive says a lot about it.  Why so hyper on your part.  

The topic is about immigration, not you.

Actually, the topic is about another example of Trump's incompetence. He knew thousands of migrants were headed to our border and would need processing yet did nothing to meet the coming demand for services.  I am not sure if this was intentional incompetence or just part of the long history of incompetence he has demonstrated both in and out of the White House.  (I would be happy to provide a very long list if you want)

I repeat my claim that if Trump were running a McDonald's this way, he would lose his franchise. In short, he is not competent enough to be a McManager.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 51

@nctarheel wrote:

If one had a contemporary that got dishonorably discharged 80 years ago; that contemporary must be somewhere around 98.

Additionally, that the story was told at all was an attempt to intimate that I, @nctarheel, must have had some NEGATIVE HISTORY in the military since I don't make a habit of touting my service.

Give it a rest.  You keep trying to make it about yourself.  I was referring to a friend who was older than myself, and not about you.  Your keeping the this alive says a lot about it.  Why so hyper on your part.  

The topic is about immigration, not you.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 51

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

Are you questioning whether I have been in service AND whether I have friends that are VETERANS,

@jimc91.

Never seen anyone with a problem of discussing it.  Once had a friend who was separated with a Dishonorable Discharge in 1938...he hit a NCO in the face.

Ok, now about immigration?

So what?

First, you regularly dispute my service and now you intimate that I might have served but don't discuss it because I have less than an HONORABLE DISCHARGE?

You can't stop, can you, @TxGrandpa2?

If you not intimating it; then why tell the story about an 80 year old DISHONORABLE DISCHARGE.

If that person was an active duty friend as you were in active duty and it was 80 years ago that the incident happened; then when did you enter service???????

More than 80 years ago?????

There has been no response to the post above from @TxGrandpa2 and I can understand why.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 51

@alotofgrey wrote:

Lets start this conversation over with some facts.

In our country, as in all countries, it is illegal to employ a foreigner that does not have a work permit.

We have 14 million "illegal" immagrants because our federal government does not enforce that law. When it does, that problem will end.

On the other hand, we have undocumented immigrants because our economy needs the workforce and because we changed the rules on immigration. There was a time when anyone arriving in America was allowed entry. It would seem pretty obvious the current immigration laws are ineffective and counter productive. The reason any government does not enforce certain laws is that they are harmful to the society. When immigration laws become beneficial to America, the government will enforce them. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 51

Lets start this conversation over with some facts.

In our country, as in all countries, it is illegal to employ a foreigner that does not have a work permit.

We have 14 million "illegal" immagrants because our federal government does not enforce that law. When it does, that problem will end.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

Are you questioning whether I have been in service AND whether I have friends that are VETERANS,

@jimc91.

Never seen anyone with a problem of discussing it.  Once had a friend who was separated with a Dishonorable Discharge in 1938...he hit a NCO in the face.

Ok, now about immigration?

So what?

First, you regularly dispute my service and now you intimate that I might have served but don't discuss it because I have less than an HONORABLE DISCHARGE?

You can't stop, can you, @TxGrandpa2?

If you not intimating it; then why tell the story about an 80 year old DISHONORABLE DISCHARGE.

If that person was an active duty friend as you were in active duty and it was 80 years ago that the incident happened; then when did you enter service???????

More than 80 years ago?????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

In short, once again Trump did not bring the tools to bear that were needed. 

According to what has been recorded in the media the Engineer troops was brought in to reinforce the border.  They apparently have done what was asked of them.  We've seen that at the Tijuana border when the migrants attempted to storm it.

Sorry you have so much heartburn at giving the troops practical training instead of make-work in field training.  I'll accept the words of commanders on-site over partisan politics.

Have a good evening.

What were you looking at. There were no engineer troops brought to the CA border by Trump. Even FOX would not put such a story out. Why do you keep telling us jut the opposite of what the Army Officers who looked at this mission told their Commanders in the report they did. It was a waste of time and money. Now they were the words of the on site commanders where the troops went. There were no troops sent to CA border. Please get a long good sleep tonight so tomorrow you can reread your sources.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

According to what has been recorded in the media the Engineer troops was brought in to reinforce the border.  They apparently have done what was asked of them.  We've seen that at the Tijuana border when the migrants attempted to storm it.

Sorry you have so much heartburn at giving the troops practical training instead of make-work in field training.  I'll accept the words of commanders on-site over partisan politics.

Have a good evening.

I had no idea the continuous volleyball games were training.  Fun times.  Pity Trump did not send the clerical staff as needed but that would have been the competent move. He is incapable of that.  And the RWNJs keep defending his stupidity. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 51

@Richva wrote:

Have a good evening.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors