Explore your flexible work options with AARP's Flexible Work Online Expo from 2-5 p.m. ET Tuesday! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: More immigration incompetence

Message 31 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote: (in blue text)

In other words ....... you didn't read the article. The article is the basis for the topic.

Have you read anything about them playing volleyball instead of performing the mission they were sent there for?  So why don't you provide a link to an article about them playing football and only erecting tents for themselves for shelter?

I read nothing about those things in the article posted as the topic of this thread. I mentioned nothing about "them playing football" or "erecting tents". Why do you continue to ask me off-topic questions?

The link in the original post mentions nothing about building tents or volleyball.  Richva mentioned it in his post, but there was nothing in the link that he included.  So what article are you talking about?

You are correct, the link in the original posting says nothing about building tents or volleyball. I am talking about the link provided as the topic of this thread. You keep asking me questions about Richva's comments, not the article (the topic).  Here is the article posted as the topic:   https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/30/kirstjen-nielsen-border-police-1035554

I would believe that you are the one who is not reading articles or links posted.

I read the article contained in the link posted, evidently you haven't or you would ask me questions pertinent to that article (the topic). My comments are limited to the article (the actual topic)

If you can't provide information about troops 'playing' instead of assisting the Border Patrol, suggest that this discussion is ended.

"Troops playing" is not a part of this topic, it was simply a comment made by Richva. I will answer any questions you have about the article that was posted (the topic).

You don't have the authority to end a discussion, you only have the option of not commenting anymore and I suggest that you don't if you are going to remain off-topic.

Have a nice night.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 51

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why do you continue to ask me off-topic questions that I have made no comment about?  Read the article posted as the topic and then ask questions pertinent to the article (the topic).

I've read the article posted as the topic, plus went through every post in the thread.  The only reference to volleyball is what Richva posted that all they were doing at the border.  You asked if I had read they article and I reread it, plus the posts.  So where do you get that about the volleyball?

Now you are saying that I'm off topic?  Just answering you Chasky.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Honestly, did you even read the article ?

Is there an article about the troops playing volleyball?  I've seen articles about them erecting tents for themselves.  You object to that, you don't believe they should have some sort of shelter?  Maybe they should just throw their sleeping bags on the ground?

Why do you continue to ask me off-topic questions that I have made no comment about?  Read the article posted as the topic and then ask questions pertinent to the article (the topic).

Have a nice night.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 51

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

As far as them building camps or erecting tents for themselves, nothing they wouldn't be doing in field training.

A waste of our tax money. Retired Generals have said so. Retired Admirals have said so.

I say so, as do my fellow VETERAN FRIENDS and ACQUAINTANCES.

As their deployment gets extended, TRUMP will lose more and more support amongst the troops.

He has already lost the support of MILITARY WOMEN, OFFICERS, and soon to lose the support of MINORITIES in the MILITARY.

An incompetent COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

Just curious but... How many veteran friends do you have?  1 or 2 or maybe 3?

I currently have 36 on my speed dial list and 341 in my email address book.  

None of my friends are saying what you are saying so I am just trying to understand and quantify your position.

Care to elaborate?

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 51

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Is there an article about the troops playing volleyball?  I've seen articles about them erecting tents for themselves.  You object to that, you don't believe they should have some sort of shelter?  Maybe they should just throw their sleeping bags on the ground?

In other words ....... you didn't read the article. The article is the basis for the topic.

Have you read anything about them playing volleyball instead of performing the mission they were sent there for?  So why don't you provide a link to an article about them playing football and only erecting tents for themselves for shelter?

The link in the original post mentions nothing about building tents or volleyball.  Richva mentioned it in his post, but there was nothing in the link that he included.  So what article are you talking about?

I would believe that you are the one who is not reading articles or links posted.

If you can't provide information about troops 'playing' instead of assisting the Border Patrol, suggest that this discussion is ended.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Have a good day.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 51

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Besides immigration has nothing to do about the military involvement....is there a reason you keep posting about it?

The original post most certainly had military involvement as part of its thesis.

Why are you asking ME a question about MY posts as relates to MILITARY INVOLVEMENT versus IMMIGRATION?

That should be addressed with the ORIGINAL POSTER.

And yet you ask ME "IS THERE A REASON YOU KEEP POSTING ABOUT IT."

Do you have an underlying reason to question my comments and not the original poster's comments?

Why no response to my last question, @TxGrandpa2?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Besides immigration has nothing to do about the military involvement....is there a reason you keep posting about it?

The original post most certainly had military involvement as part of its thesis.

Why are you asking ME a question about MY posts as relates to MILITARY INVOLVEMENT versus IMMIGRATION?

That should be addressed with the ORIGINAL POSTER.

And yet you ask ME "IS THERE A REASON YOU KEEP POSTING ABOUT IT."

Do you have an underlying reason to question my comments and not the original poster's comments?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

First of all, "have strung our that concentra wire" makes no sense.

Second, "Concentra" wire is really CONCERTINA wire.

As to who would have strung the wire, who erected the existing walls, wire, and barriers that presently are on the border?

Every fellow Vet that I talk to, thinks that troops at the border are a waste of our tax dollars, a waste of active duty forces, and a generator of dissatisfaction among those there.

Just for a political statement by the worst COMMANDER IN CHIEF ever to have had that title.

How it's spelled has no bearing on the issue.  Ever pulled it yourself?  Razor sharp and tore up a many good gloves in repairing the perimeter.  I don't believe that there was 'CONCERTINA wire' on most areas of the border before these troops stretched it out.

Not sure about your "fellow" vets experience, but it's not up to them whether its a waste of tax dollars, etc.  They're not the ones making decisions.  Looks like the President made a good decision in reinforcing the border...i.e. last weekend.

By the numbers.

1. I think you are correct on the wire. It was not needed then nor now. Hope you saw the TV show on this afternoon showing how Russia used a border wall in Germany between east and west some years ago. They said it was to keep the west out, but it was to keep the east in. By the way I went through that border in Germany so saw it first hand. This country should never have anything like that, and Trump wants that.

2. The Army experts said the mission was a waste of time and money in their report so why do you say otherwise.

3. The President had not sent any troops to that part of the border so you are telling us you think he should not have sent troops to any part of the border.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 51

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Kudos
Views