From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
156
Views

Re: More coal plants shut down under Trump than Obama’s first term.

156 Views
Message 1 of 24

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

 

No disagrees coat is a high polluting fuel who's days are numbered. However coal is our best strategic fuel, if ever there was a need. It's safe to move, easy to store, anyone can use it, makes lots of heat, etc. , etc. , but it's almost our dirtiest fuel



No.... President Trump isn't bring back coal mines,  but he not forcing them to close either. However you didn't address the link I posted and the facts that China is building a sh*t load of coal plants.... and not just in their own country, but in Africa too.

The Chinese moved approval for new plants from the central government to local governments and they approved the cheapest plant construction available...coal. Now the Central government is beginning to step in and stop construction of coal fired plants because of the high pollution levels.  Looks like the increase from 2014-2018 was caused by this phenomenon. 

 

I have no problem with coal fired plants as long as they find a way to clean up the pollution and then pay for the cleanup themselves. So far, neither is feasible. 

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-45640706

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
156
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
159
Views

Re: More coal plants shut down under Trump than Obama’s first term.

159 Views
Message 2 of 24

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

 

When you see a new coal fired plant come online, call me.  Until then, my belief is in the capitalist system where the most efficient technologies win. 


I agree with this philosophy where the most efficient/cheapest and exclude cleanest???  fuel is used but I disagree that the government should interfere having "green goals" that provide incentives to those technologies that aren't "efficient". That's exactly how we moved from horse and carriage to cars. Efficient means more convenient, cheaper, cleaner, and government subsidy free.


Many regressives don't believe we should "Conserve" our planet....they prefer we act like the spoiled children many are.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
159
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
161
Views

Re: More coal plants shut down under Trump than Obama’s first term.

161 Views
Message 3 of 24

 


@CriticalThinking wrote:

China is planning for:

  • High Speed Rail
  • Artificial Intelligence
  • Solar Energy
  • Space Travel
  • etc.

Trump is planning on bringing back coal mines.



No.... President Trump isn't bring back coal mines,  but he not forcing them to close either. However you didn't address the link I posted and the facts that China is building a sh*t load of coal plants.... and not just in their own country, but in Africa too.

 

No disagrees coat is a high polluting fuel who's days are numbered. However coal is our best strategic fuel, if ever there was a need. It's safe to move, easy to store, anyone can use it, makes lots of heat, etc. , etc. , but it's almost our dirtiest fuel. 


"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
161
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
181
Views

More coal plants shut down under Trump than Obama’s first term.

181 Views
Message 4 of 24

China is planning for:

  • High Speed Rail
  • Artificial Intelligence
  • Solar Energy
  • Space Travel
  • etc.

Trump is planning on bringing back coal mines.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
181
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
187
Views

Re: More coal plants shut down under Trump than Obama’s first term.

187 Views
Message 5 of 24

Do the new coal plants have to be in the USA? 

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-45640706


"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
187
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
202
Views

Re: More coal plants shut down under Trump than Obama’s first term.

202 Views
Message 6 of 24

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

 

When you see a new coal fired plant come online, call me.  Until then, my belief is in the capitalist system where the most efficient technologies win. 


I agree with this philosophy where the most efficient/cheapest fuel is used but I disagree that the government should interfere having "green goals" that provide incentives to those technologies that aren't "efficient". That's exactly how we moved from horse and carriage to cars. Efficient means more convenient, cheaper, cleaner, and government subsidy free.


Heck, I think the government should not be helping  corporate farmers survive the Trump tariff wars but there we are.  China has been subsidizing their clean energy development and we are now playing catchup at best.  As always, it is MAGA if it helps the big corporations and socialism if it helps the small ones. 


I'm not sure about what farmers have to do with the "coal topic" but I agree also. Most aid given by the government is a waste.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
202
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
253
Views

Re: More coal plants shut down under Trump than Obama’s first term.

253 Views
Message 7 of 24

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

 

When you see a new coal fired plant come online, call me.  Until then, my belief is in the capitalist system where the most efficient technologies win. 


I agree with this philosophy where the most efficient/cheapest fuel is used but I disagree that the government should interfere having "green goals" that provide incentives to those technologies that aren't "efficient". That's exactly how we moved from horse and carriage to cars. Efficient means more convenient, cheaper, cleaner, and government subsidy free.


Heck, I think the government should not be helping  corporate farmers survive the Trump tariff wars but there we are.  China has been subsidizing their clean energy development and we are now playing catchup at best.  As always, it is MAGA if it helps the big corporations and socialism if it helps the small ones. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
253
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
258
Views

Re: More coal plants shut down under Trump than Obama’s first term.

258 Views
Message 8 of 24

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Coal fired power plants are closing because they cannot afford t ostop killing the people who live around them AND the boilers are "aging out", having at best a 40-year life. The dynamos that actually produce the electricity, if they've received required maintenance, should be good for another 50 years, and a Nuclear reactor to boil the water and make the steam that drives the dynamos could cost a small fraction of replacing the gigawatt-hours lost to the system with any other form of energy.

 

Der Trumper cut safety standards to hire 2100 more coal miners while KILLING 1.400 more Americans every year with the pollution Trump has unleashed.

 

Number of deaths in America from Nuclear Power since 1954: ZERO

Number of deaths in America from fossile fuel EACH YEAR: 13,000.

 

Does not require a Stephen Hawking to understand that math.


Since you want to make everything about hating that person you call Der Trumper, what did that person you call Der Trumper do to stop the use of Nuclear Power??

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
258
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
276
Views

Re: More coal plants shut down under Trump than Obama’s first term.

276 Views
Message 9 of 24

Coal fired power plants are closing because they cannot afford t ostop killing the people who live around them AND the boilers are "aging out", having at best a 40-year life. The dynamos that actually produce the electricity, if they've received required maintenance, should be good for another 50 years, and a Nuclear reactor to boil the water and make the steam that drives the dynamos could cost a small fraction of replacing the gigawatt-hours lost to the system with any other form of energy.

 

Der Trumper cut safety standards to hire 2100 more coal miners while KILLING 1.400 more Americans every year with the pollution Trump has unleashed.

 

Number of deaths in America from Nuclear Power since 1954: ZERO

Number of deaths in America from fossile fuel EACH YEAR: 13,000.

 

Does not require a Stephen Hawking to understand that math.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
276
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
282
Views

Re: More coal plants shut down under Trump than Obama’s first term.

282 Views
Message 10 of 24

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

He did bring back jobs to coal miners. I have no idea how many in the coal industry. I also know many of the "coal miners" are very happy with NG fields they're working at these days. 

 

FYI.... Immuizations, actual vaccines are being tried on people who have little changce of survival as of Jan 1, because of deregulation. Not just research. 


The last I knew it was less than 2,500 jobs.  If Trump had been honest with the shaft miners and told them their jobs were gone or soon to be gone (due to the economics involved), I wouldn't have as much of an issue with what he said.

 

Since the FDA has always allowed clinical trials and Stanford starting testing their vaccine on humans last year, what deregulation are you referring to?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
282
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors