Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Re: More coal plants shut down under Trump than Obama’s first term.

Message 11 of 24

Tom

That is a drive by comment from the prism of hate. No one can be rational when hate is at the forefront of thought... 

Liberals are nuttier than squirrel poop
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted

Message 12 of 24

He did bring back jobs to coal miners. I have no idea how many in the coal industry. I also know many of the "coal miners" are very happy with NG fields they're working at these days. 

FYI.... Immuizations, actual vaccines are being tried on people who have little changce of survival as of Jan 1, because of deregulation. Not just research. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 24

According to one person efficiency must exclude government subsidies.   Gee, how much money does the Oil Industry receive in subsidies?  There is a result that RW have to ignore, because that subsidy is between $ 20-21 BILLION / year.    Please call your congresscritter and demand that they quit subsidizing the Oil Industry.    http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 24

@Richva wrote:

When you see a new coal fired plant come online, call me.  Until then, my belief is in the capitalist system where the most efficient technologies win. 

I agree with this philosophy where the most efficient/cheapest fuel is used but I disagree that the government should interfere having "green goals" that provide incentives to those technologies that aren't "efficient". That's exactly how we moved from horse and carriage to cars. Efficient means more convenient, cheaper, cleaner, and government subsidy free.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 24

Coal fired anything is a dying industry.  The subsidies on renewable energy sources are starting to come off just as renewables became more profitable than natural gas , coal, or oil.  Where coal is still being used, the coal companies have learned to mechanize almost the entire operation. 

Trump's ignorant attempts to hold back the tide of technological advancement simply delayed dealing with the decline in coal jobs by spinning pretty fairy tales. 

When you see a new coal fired plant come online, call me.  Until then, my belief is in the capitalist system where the most efficient technologies win. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 24
it's the ONLY thing Trump does often and extremely well, is lying.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 24
‎Fishslayer777 posted..

Energy production from coal is lower because of Natural Gas production is up. All you Trump haters should be pleased. Wasn't that Hillary's intention? Markets drive production. You'd try and make political hay if president Trump cured cancer. Oh... and by the way, the first cancer immunizations are now being administerd to a control group, becasue of president Trump, but I digress.

=====================================================================
https://dailycaller.com/2016/09/05/obama-kept-his-promise-83000-coal-jobs-lost-and-400-mines-shutter...

Andrew Follett | Energy and Science Reporter
OBAMA KEPT HIS PROMISE, 83,000 COAL JOBS LOST AND 400 MINES SHUTTERED
This Labor Day, America has 83,000 fewer coal jobs and 400 coal mines than it did when Barack Obama was elected in 2008, showing that the president has followed through on his pledge to “bankrupt” the coal industry.

A 2015 study found the coal industry lost 50,000 jobs from 2008 to 2012 during Obama’s first term. During Obama’s second term, the industry employment in coal mining has fallen by another 33,300 jobs, 10,900 of which occurred in the last year alone, according to federal data. Currently, coal mining employs 69,460 Americans, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Much of the blame for the job losses is targeted at federal regulations aimed at preventing global warming, which caused coal power plants to go bankrupt, resulting in a sharp decline in the price of coal.

“So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it’s just that it will bankrupt them, because they’re going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that’s being emitted,” Obama said during a 2008 interview with the San Francisco Chronicle’s editorial board. Democratic Presidential nominee Hillary Clinton also pledged that “We’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.”

====================================================

Obama and Hillary...hero's of the anti business left.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 24

Fishslayer:  Energy production from coal is lower because of Natural Gas production is up. All you Trump haters should be pleased. Wasn't that Hillary's intention? Markets drive production. 

Electricity generation from coal is a dying industry and won't be back. Ever. That would be true even under a good president, and has nothing to do with Trump except for his lying about it to get votes.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 24

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Energy production from coal is lower because of Natural Gas production is up. All you Trump haters should be pleased. Wasn't that Hillary's intention? Markets drive production. You'd try and make political hay if president Trump cured cancer. Oh... and by the way, the first cancer immunizations are now being administerd to a control group,  becasue of president Trump, but I digress.

For the lazy readers... EIA projects that trends in coal production in the United States could range from flat to continuing declines through 2040. Electric power generation accounts for more than 92% of U.S. coal demand, and domestic coal production has declined significantly over the past decade as coal has been displaced by natural gas and renewables in electric generation.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=31792

Yes, coal has been declining for years and continues to decline.  Am I just mistaken that Trump campaigned on bringing back more coal jobs to get more votes?

As far as "Trump haters", aren't you talking about free market forces?

Also, I think research into cancer immunology started long before Trump took office.

Highlighted

Message 20 of 24

Energy production from coal is lower because of Natural Gas production is up. All you Trump haters should be pleased. Wasn't that Hillary's intention? Markets drive production. You'd try and make political hay if president Trump cured cancer. Oh... and by the way, the first cancer immunizations are now being administerd to a control group,  becasue of president Trump, but I digress.

For the lazy readers... EIA projects that trends in coal production in the United States could range from flat to continuing declines through 2040. Electric power generation accounts for more than 92% of U.S. coal demand, and domestic coal production has declined significantly over the past decade as coal has been displaced by natural gas and renewables in electric generation.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=31792

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, August 6 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event

1 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: Answering Your Most Frequent Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507