Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: More Trump incompetence-Now at CFPB

Message 21 of 45

@byrondennis wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

You and your cronies can take this thread to where you want it to go - just bashing not discussing.

I reported them to the moderator. Let's see if AARP does the right thing and gets rid of these people who can never provide facts, that always go totally off topic, and that in their lack of ability to debate quickly resort to calling those who disagree with them "a Russian." I don't hold out much hope becaue except for calling people Russians, the AARP Policy Center is guilty of the same thing.

As to the substance, there is no mention anywhere in this thread that according to Reuters the CF Board's general counsel, who was appointed by Cordray, has ruled that the administration is correct and that Cordray is wrong. Strongly implied in one of the Reuters articles on this subject is that the general counsel told Cordray this and yet he stilled pulled his political theater stunt.

That's all you need to know about how polluted the Obama swamp was (and is). The Obama swamp gives swamps a bad name. Dodd-Frank supposedly uses the word "unavailable" as in, "when the director is unavailable, the deputy is in charge." This is very common in all kinds of government language. "Unavailable" does not include things like resigned or dead, it means like in coming out of a colonscopy or a tooth extraction.

Reportedly the counsel has sent out a letter to all CF Board employees telling them that Mulvaney is in charge.... no need to wait for judicial resolve of this issue... despite what the leftist press says, it is over. That's because Evans suit will be moot by the time it bubbles up; the administration will have its permanent replacement in place by then. (Plus the press has already moved on to the Pochohauntas kerfuffle.)

That's all you need to know about how polluted the Obama swamp was (and is). The Obama swamp gives swamps a bad name<<< your quote after you say you reported people for name calling.

just sayin..

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 45

@GailL1 wrote:

@NZRichva wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

That's your opinion to the two sided argument.  Reuters says that legal scholars argued about it all weekend and did not come up with an answer.

Reuters 11/27/2017 - CFPB's Controversial Structure Looms Over Leadership Showdown

How does it look when NOT a legislative committee but Presient Obama appointed the 1st CFPB Director.  And then the gall of wanting the (sole) director to appoint his predecessor.  Talk about stacking the deck !!

This has already been in court for a while as I mentioned earlier.

It is now just time to settle this - by the Courts.

If you check, you will find my original point was the Obama would have gotten all his ducks in a row, worked with the different parties, and resolved this without throwing the agency into chaos. Captain Donald J. Incompetent could not be bothered. 

President Obama started all of this mess by doing the initial appointment himself when he could have asked a legislative committee (both parties) to appoint the initial director.  President Obama was urged on by a handful of liberals who wanted it their way.

The court case of PHH Corp. vs CFPB has been working through the courts since last year- There have been ruling for both the agency and ruling in favor of the Administration especially concerning this (sole) directorship fiasco constitutionality, which is only one part of the suit.

This is not new - 

HousingWire 03/2017 - In major reversal, U.S. Sides with PHH, calls CFPB structure Unconstitutional

The court case is currently in the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, I believe this was a re-hearing  - it was argued in May of this year and even aired by CSpan.  No decision thus far.

Richard Cordray knew about this court case and decided to leave early and go ahead and make his appointment.  Most likely at the urging of some of those same liberal democrats who created this mess.

I see this as just part of the game of politics 'gotcha' - just like President Obama played it.

I sure am glad that the Trump admin stopped that "gotcha" game, especially when it is helping the middle class and poor. you know..the 99%. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 45

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The real issue here is "Will Der Trumper be allowed to destroy consumer financial protection by sabotaging the agency designed to PROTECT consumers after we all saw why such protection was needed after the jrbush crash destroyed the finances of tens of millions of Americans with predatory lending.

neoRepublicans support a return to predatory lending and the redistribution of wealth from the middle Class to the very top of the 1%, and this will be greatly enhanced by the removal of the CFPA from the game.

Progressives believe robbing people with slimy business practices is wrong and think it should not ever be allowed to return to jrbush levels.

What are those Bush43 levels of slimy business practices that concern you? Let's not forget that there were two major causes for the meltdown and the aftermath - both government inspired. 

First there was the idea of getting people into homes they obviously could not afford. There was a boom and people traded up and traded up. And then as happens with any boom, along came the bust.

Then in the "solution" phase there was the "too big to fail" idea which required the government to pay off the debts of those bankers that upset you so.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 45

@john258 wrote:

A few months ago you gave me advice on Medicare that would have cost me over $1,000 per year if I had followed it

I never gave you advice nor did I ever give anyone else any advice. You have made this nonsense claim dozens of times but cannot identify when you supposedly received this advice -- so that we can figure out what you are reading... and figure out the backstory to your nonsense lie.

The best I can tell is that you do not know the meaning of the word "advice" just as you do not know the meaning of the word "clear" as it applies to the subject of this thread.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 45

@john258 wrote:

What you post is straight from the far right BOT farm. The Russians have taught the far right well and they follow what their leaders tell them to keep us away from real news. How about our mentally impaired President making comments at the Code Talkers meeting in the WH today. Is this the subject the leaders chose to try and change the subject to.

Now it's getting confusing. We are talking about the legitimacy of a Cordray appointment and all of a sudden we have a BOT farm, Russians, Code Talkers - and something about "change the subject to".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 45

@john258 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

The earlier resignation and appointment by the CFPB former head, Mr. Corday threw this into turmoil.

He knew what the Admin. had planned - most likely this will have to be settled in the Courts since there are conflicting laws as to appointments and why this agencies is different than the rest.

The appointment by Mr. Corday was in line with the law and he did what he was supposed todo. It was Trump who had his puppets who found  a law he could try and use to create a mess as he always does. He could have appointed a new director as called for in the law and submitted him for approval by the Senate. You really had to reach for this, and in the process showed you are a far right Trump supporter. We now understand your posts on SS, and Medicare as they fit the far right.

Do "we" understand that it is not the appointment of Mr. Cordray  that is under discussion? And do "we" understand that Mr. Cordray has and had nothing to do with SS and Medicare.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 45

@byrondennis wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

You and your cronies can take this thread to where you want it to go - just bashing not discussing.

I reported them to the moderator. Let's see if AARP does the right thing and gets rid of these people who can never provide facts, that always go totally off topic, and that in their lack of ability to debate quickly resort to calling those who disagree with them "a Russian." I don't hold out much hope becaue except for calling people Russians, the AARP Policy Center is guilty of the same thing.

As to the substance, there is no mention anywhere in this thread that according to Reuters the CF Board's general counsel, who was appointed by Cordray, has ruled that the administration is correct and that Cordray is wrong. Strongly implied in one of the Reuters articles on this subject is that the general counsel told Cordray this and yet he stilled pulled his political theater stunt.

That's all you need to know about how polluted the Obama swamp was (and is). The Obama swamp gives swamps a bad name. Dodd-Frank supposedly uses the word "unavailable" as in, "when the director is unavailable, the deputy is in charge." This is very common in all kinds of government language. "Unavailable" does not include things like resigned or dead, it means like in coming out of a colonscopy or a tooth extraction.

Reportedly the counsel has sent out a letter to all CF Board employees telling them that Mulvaney is in charge.... no need to wait for judicial resolve of this issue... despite what the leftist press says, it is over. That's because Evans suit will be moot by the time it bubbles up; the administration will have its permanent replacement in place by then. (Plus the press has already moved on to the Pochohauntas kerfuffle.)

The law passed by congress is clear. When the Director leaves the deputy takes over. Trump had his lackeys look to a law that was passed years ago, and congress decided should not apply to this agency when they set it up a few years ago. Trump once again is not following the law and it is in court so we will see what happens. What did you report to the moderator that Gail was confused and posters posted the truth about the law. Why is this something that is out of line. A few months ago you gave me advice on Medicare that would have cost me over $1,000 per year if I had followed it, and that is fine by you. Take some time and learn a subject before you comment on it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 45

@GailL1 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 45

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The real issue here is "Will Der Trumper be allowed to destroy consumer financial protection by sabotaging the agency designed to PROTECT consumers after we all saw why such protection was needed after the jrbush crash destroyed the finances of tens of millions of Americans with predatory lending.

neoRepublicans support a return to predatory lending and the redistribution of wealth from the middle Class to the very top of the 1%, and this will be greatly enhanced by the removal of the CFPA from the game.

Progressives believe robbing people with slimy business practices is wrong and think it should not ever be allowed to return to jrbush levels.

Actually, the real issue here is "Will Der Trumper be impeached with all his cronies outed before he does anymore sabotaging or damage to our country as a whole?"

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 45

@Richva wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

Richard Cordray knew about this court case and decided to leave early and go ahead and make his appointment.  Most likely at the urging of some of those same liberal democrats who created this mess.

I see this as just part of the game of politics 'gotcha' - just like President Obama played it.

Trump is an idiot and idiots create this kind of chaos. If you want to discuss the pros and cons of the agency...fine but this thread is about what a moron Trump has proved to be. This is simply another example. To blame it on the guy who quit and followed the rules is a tad disingenuous. 

Sorry, Richva, if I have given too much information as to why this chaos was created which differed from yours - but you gave no fact or history of the problem.

I forgot for a moment that this is not a discussion forum but just a HATE place to complain about the President, his Administration, all GOP Congress-critter.

I offered you knowledge about this situation.  Whenever there is an Administration switch, those pesky lawsuits that remain in limbo can sometimes comeback with a vengence.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors